Police called re DVLA query!

ginantonic16
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6120 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi - I am new to this, just joined today, looking for advice!

The police called on me yesterday (on a Bank Holiday!) to inform me a van that was owned by me had been found abandoned in Newquay (I live in Leicester). Now, I sold this van in March 2005, filled in the necessary forms and returned them to the DVLA, as you do. Then received a tax reminder 5 months later, but ignored it as I had sold it. The next thing to come was another tax reminder and fine, so I rang the DVLA and they said they had not received the Logbook when I sold the van! Their mistake (and prob mine, as I didn't send it recorded.) Filled in the relevant DVLA form informing them of the buyer's name etc. Didn't hear any more, moved house, still didn't hear anything, so assumed it was over & done with.

I told the police who I'd sold it to, and when, and he went away. What will happen next, as presumably I am still liable for the back tax and the fee involved with having the van scrapped in Newquay, as I have no proof I posted the Logbook?! Can anyone help??

Hello and Welcome, Ginantonic16.

There is a Forum dedicated to the DVLA here........

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/dvla/

Hopefully you will get the help your looking for.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

I cannot advise although I had awful behaviour for the fine of £80 from DVLA, same sort of thing. Eventually I was blackmailed that if I did not give them the money then I would get the £1000 fine.

I wrote to the CEO about this, I think that they recorded the telephone conversation but I got a three page grovelling letter to apologise.

Sorry I cannot be of more help but maybe it is worth writing to the CEO and say you have been in touch with the Police.

As jg69 said i had the same problem with DVLA who fined me £40 i refused to pay and wrote another strongly worded letter and they sent another fine, this time £80 this really looked like they dont read anything you send them so this time I sent a recorded letter saying i would commence legal action if they did not resolve this within 14 days, surprise surprise they then dropped the fine.

You really need to keep at them as im sure in their eyes everyone is guilty and tough if you really are in the right.