UNISON endorses a company to get your overpaid tax back...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6122 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just joined Unison, as I am now in full time employment. I recently recieved all the bumpf they send when you start.

I was appalled to recieve a letter from Unison themselves, advertising an external service, and saying you should use them to claim back any overpaid tax.

The worst thing about it, is that the company take 60% of whatever you are owed!!!!!!!!!!! So if you are owed £1000 in tax back, you only get £400... how can that be right?! And should Unison be endorsing something that is your legal right anyway, and which can be sorted out fairly simply yourself. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :mad:

HaHa just had the same leaflet from my union USDAW which i just threw in the recyle bucket, best place for it, think unions get some sort of payment for these leaflets to be put in with the monthly or yearly magazines there send to members, you can ask your union not to send you the magazines and leaflets. as you say, you can fill in a couple of forms at the TAX office and let them process any returns that might be due. as for the junk mail/leaflets feed the recyle bin with them.

!2 years Tesco distribution supervisor

7 years Sainsburys Transport Manager

4 Years housing officer ( Lettings )

Partner... 23 Years social services depts

All advice is given through own opition, also by seeking/searching info on behalf of poster, and own personnel dealings.

Pathetic, isn't it? My daughter (a first year student nurse) joined Unison on her first day... because some 'advisor' at uni practically told her she had to! They sent her the wonderful offer about tax recovery experts too...

...Shame I'd just sent a request for rebate to IR on her behalf.... She's due over £1300, and it won't cost a penny to get it back!

Can't believe a reputable union would recommend this sort of 'service'!

:mad: