MBNA What can i request back?

David963
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6571 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had a card with MBNA several years ago and got into some serious financial difficulties and ended up being defaulted, i had made an offer of payment and provided a complete breakdown of my finances to prove that i was on the level with them.

I got a different person on the phone every time and even when i asked for people specifically they were always out of the office or unavailable, unsurprisingly i would be told a different thing each time and basically lied to as to what "help" they were giving me, eventually complained to the FSA but no joy there either really.

Anyway they refused my offer and eventually sold on the debt to a company called Link Financial who duly phoned me and when told of my offer accepted straight away.

My question is what can i claim back from MBNA i forget what charges they put on but they were certainly overlimit, late payment, extra interest etc, are these valid to claim back

Any help would be appreciated

Regards

David

Start by sending the DPA letter in bank templates to them with the fee of £10 and get a copy of all your statements from them and take it from there. Not sure about interest but I know you can claim back any charges e/g late payment and over limit charges.

Good luck!!!

My claims

Halifax - Data Protection Act 26/5/06, non compliance of Data Protection Act 20/07/06, Prelim £260 3/8, LBA 19/8

TSB - Data Protection Act 25/6/06, total £225, Prelim 4/7, LBA 11/7, court claim filed 27/7

Capital One - DPA 20/06/06, Prelim £270 1/8 LBA sent 9/8

B.O.S CC - DPA 20/06/06, prelim 6/7 £130, LBA 21/7/06, court claim to be filed

Citi cards - Data Protection Act sent 20/06/06, prelim 26/07 £520, LBA t 14/8

Black horse finance - DPA 18/06/06, prelim 31/7 £180, LBA 7/8

Halifax joint account - Prelim 6/7 £744, LBA 22/7 court claim to be filed

My Mums claims

MBNA - DPA 13/06/06, Prelim 17/7 £738, LBA 7/8

Capital One - DPA 29/05/06, Prelim 10/8 £570

Barclaycard - DPA 20/06/06, Prelim 6/7 for £420, LBA 17/7 court claim to be filed

Littlewoods CC - DPA sent 3/7, non compliance of DPA sent 14/8