Financial Ombudsman Service

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6125 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

the FOS won't look at any bank claims at the moment other than credit cards.

the Ombudsman was good, but after being inundated with claims they take too long now .... about 3 months even to look at your claim, then they give the bank too long to reply, around 6 weeks, and then when you accept the offer they give the bank 6 weeks to pay, so you get your cheque in the 7th week after you accept.

but the above was until 27 July. Now you just have to wait maybe 1 - 5 years before the test case is resolved. Don't count on Feb 2008 as appeals and re appeals and further appeals are in the horizon.

also, if a stalemate is reached where you will not accept an offer and the bank won't pay more, they basically tell you to bugger off rather than actually make a decision as they seem too scared to.

just my own observations. I had a few good, quick claims through the FOS then they started pee'ing about when a stalemate was reached.

I have 4 credit card claims with them and they are very slow - one of the claims was started on 6th June and they havent even written to the Bank yet. When I queried this they told me that they aim to resolve complaints within 6 to 9 months. You'll also only get charges + s69 back - they wont refund interest paid on the charges.

All comments are my personal views - if in doubt then seek professional advice. If you think i've helped then please tip my scales.

When I queried this they told me that they aim to resolve complaints within 6 to 9 months.

Realistically i think its about 4 months after you have given the time 8 weeks to sort it out.