Halifax Loan PPI

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5744 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well, Halifax never signed for my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) but I know they definately got it because they sent a letter on the 3rd of September saying they will aim to provide me with the information requested as quickly as possible and that they are experiencing a high number of similar requests (I bet they are) and it may take a little time to process my request but I should receive a responce within 40 days. So the 40 day deadline will be up on the 28th of September.

Why doesn't it make you feel so sorry for them that they are so busy. :o Just sit back and count the days penny. tick tock tick tock:-D

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've received another letter from the Halifax saying:

Further to your letter I am pleased to confirm the information you requested has now been ordered. Once these documents are ready they will be sent direct to you.

So hopefully not long now, I wont hold my breath though:rolleyes:

I've received another letter from the Halifax saying:

Further to your letter I am pleased to confirm the information you requested has now been ordered. Once these documents are ready they will be sent direct to you.

So hopefully not long now, I wont hold my breath though:rolleyes:

Hey penny stop thinking so negatively, at least you got a response.lol

I would have clicked on the smilies, but they are not working. (sad)

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

That was quick, I received the info off Halifax yesterday but to be honest I'm not quite sure what I'm looking for!!!???

It's got "Personal Loan Account Report" at the top and it has all of my husband and my personal details on it. Then it says "Money laundering detail" and then a load of stuff I don't understand. And then it says "Financial Detail" then "Loan detail" then "Loan history table" then "interest rate table" then "payment collection table" which gives details of all the payments made and what is owed.

So does that seem like everything is there? and how does this help me with my PPI claim?

Should I just send the first letter asking for it back and take it from there?

I've been trying to put a letter together asking for my PPI payments back and I must say am not finding it very easy, claiming back bank charges was a doddle compared to this:confused:

So I've been thinking, presumably, as I still have the loan, I am still paying for PPI so would it be best for me to cancel it first or just go ahead with asking for it back? And can I ask for it all back if I am still paying for it, if you get what I mean (cos I dont think I do:confused: :confused: )

The more I think about it the more I am confusing myself. Can anyone help please.

I've been trying to put a letter together asking for my PPI payments back and I must say am not finding it very easy, claiming back bank charges was a doddle compared to this:confused:

So I've been thinking, presumably, as I still have the loan, I am still paying for PPI so would it be best for me to cancel it first or just go ahead with asking for it back? And can I ask for it all back if I am still paying for it, if you get what I mean (cos I dont think I do:confused: :confused: )

The more I think about it the more I am confusing myself. Can anyone help please.

Hello Penny,

Reclaiming back your ppi is not the easiest of tasks. The bank charges have been claimed using a well trodden path, but no the ppi yet. The oft and the fsa are conducting investigation into the mis-selling of ppi at the present time, so just wait for the flood gat to open.

What you have to be is determined and not believe a word they tell you, they will say and do anything not to give you back your money.

Now you say that you are still paying for the loan and of course the ppi payments.

You need to write to them and cancel it asap. Read this link

Consumers to benefit from PPI refunds agreement

They cannot insist that you take out a new agreement, so do not sign anything ok. If there is anything left of the ppi they will knock it off the balance of the loan. So basically you owe them less.

Then you start the process of reclaimining back the ppi that you have actually paid for and get this in the form of a cheque.

If yu need help with the calculations give me a shout. They will have applied interest to the ppi, so you want that back and interest from the date of the loan until now at their contractual rate.

There is a prelim letter on Marcelles's thread you can copy and amend to your own details.

Shout if you need help ok

Thank you so much HHNF for your help, where would we all be without you:-) .

That was one of my worries, that they would say I had to take out a new loan if I cancelled PPI. I've read so many threads where that has happened.

I've had a look at Marcelles thread which has been a great help and I will get on with writing my prelim, so let the fight begin.

I've just realised it's been exactly a year since I first started claiming my bank charges back from Halifax and have been on the go non stop with claims for myself and family members (and have won them all) well, it keeps me out of trouble.

Ooops sorry HHNF, I tried to tip your scales for all your help but it says I must spread some more reputation about before I can click on yours again:(

I will most probably be back for help with figures and interest calculations as that part just baffles me.

Thanks again

Penny:)

Thank you so much HHNF for your help, where would we all be without you:-) .

That was one of my worries, that they would say I had to take out a new loan if I cancelled PPI. I've read so many threads where that has happened.

I've had a look at Marcelles thread which has been a great help and I will get on with writing my prelim, so let the fight begin.

I've just realised it's been exactly a year since I first started claiming my bank charges back from Halifax and have been on the go non stop with claims for myself and family members (and have won them all) well, it keeps me out of trouble.

Hello Penny,

Thank you Penny for your kind comments. The first post I put on the ppi forum was on a mission -v- ppi and that I am. I feel very bitter against these financial institutes who have tricked me in the past. So If I can help others that is my mission too. Like yourself helping your famiily. Try with the calculations is no to difficult to do, but if you get stuck give me a shout.

t

Yeah, I feel the same about the way they treat people. The way I see it is the people that they prey upon and treat this way are the people who can least afford it and need these loans so its just a way to get more money out of us. There was a bulletin on the BBC news about it this morning.

• 2 weeks later...

Right, I really want to get moving on this one...

I've been busy trying to get the prelim done while also trying to do an LBA for my MBNA credit card claim.

The main problem with the Halifax prelim is trying to work out the calculations and figures, I wish I had paid more attention in maths. I was looking on Martin Lewis' site and it says on there that the bank should work it our for you but I'm not sure I would trust them to do that, so I shall persevere with it.

I am going to send a letter to cancel the PPI as I am still paying the loan, could I combine the letter to cancel with the prelim or should I cancel first then send prelim?

Right, I really want to get moving on this one...

I've been busy trying to get the prelim done while also trying to do an LBA for my MBNA credit card claim.

The main problem with the Halifax prelim is trying to work out the calculations and figures, I wish I had paid more attention in maths. I was looking on Martin Lewis' site and it says on there that the bank should work it our for you but I'm not sure I would trust them to do that, so I shall persevere with it.

I am going to send a letter to cancel the PPI as I am still paying the loan, could I combine the letter to cancel with the prelim or should I cancel first then send prelim?

Hello Penny,

What you do is entirely up to you. IMHO, I would do it separately, defferent departments may deal with different things and it may confuse the issues and prolong the matter.

Spreadsheets are easy when you get the hang of them. If you post up or pm me your info, I can have a bash for you. I am a bit bored at present, no dire letters to send, until the postie brings some grief (live for that nowadays)

anyway have a bash yourself. and we could compare the end results.

• Haha 1

Thanks Hell,

Here is all the loan info;

Cash loan £9000

Total charge for credit for cash loan £2526.00

Total amount for cash loan £11526.00

Insurance loan (cash price of insurance) £2021.68

Total charge for credit for insurance loan £526.52

Total amount you pay for insurance loan £2548.20

At a percentage rate of 9.9%

Monthly interest rate 0.793%

Total loan £11021.68

Total charge for credit for total loan £3052.52

Total amount you pay £14074.20

This is what I came up with;

PPI= £2548.20

Interest= £1282.28

Total= £3830.48

The bit I dont understand is should I be claiming the whole amount as I am still paying the loan?

Thanks Hell,

Here is all the loan info;

Cash loan £9000

Total charge for credit for cash loan £2526.00

Total amount for cash loan £11526.00

Insurance loan (cash price of insurance) £2021.68

Total charge for credit for insurance loan £526.52

Total amount you pay for insurance loan £2548.20

At a percentage rate of 9.9%

Monthly interest rate 0.793%

Total loan £11021.68

Total charge for credit for total loan £3052.52

Total amount you pay £14074.20

This is what I came up with;

PPI= £2548.20

Interest= £1282.28

Total= £3830.48

The bit I dont understand is should I be claiming the whole amount as I am still paying the loan?

Hello Penny,

Yes you claim the whole lot. When you cancel the ppi, anything left they will refund it of the balance of the loan, so if you are happy with that thats up to you.

When was the loan taken out. Personally I would be claiming back contractual interest as well from the date they took the ppi to today.

When did you take the loan out?

It was taken out 22nd April 2003. I wasnt sure how do work out the contractual rate.

Will have a look in the morinng if that is ok, bit tired now

Hello Penny,

PPI= £2548.20

Interest= £1282.28

Total= £3830.48

This is what you can up with

I came up with this..

ppi=£2548.20

interest=£1123.13

total=£3671.33

Which spreadsheet did you use.????? I like yours best

When I try to click on that link above it says it cant find the page but if you click on the link on post #5 of this thread ( I think you posted it for me) it lets me on the spreadsheet, so I dont know what happened to that:???:

• 3 months later...

Right!!! I'm definately going to concentrate on getting my money back from the Halifax.

I've been busy with other things and because this is the most difficult to deal with, it's been left for far too long.

I've just printed the first letter asking for PPI back and I will post it in the next few days, I just want to swat up and make sure I am doing everything right.

At the moment I am on reduced payments with Blair, Oliver and Scott and nearly every time I phone to make a payment they remind me I can pay it off at a reduced amount, about £1000 less than what I actually owe.

I really want to get rid of this debt so I wont give up without a fight.

Right!!! I'm definately going to concentrate on getting my money back from the Halifax.

Go get em tuppance...;) ;) ;)

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

Go get em tuppance...;) ;) ;)

Love it tuppance:lol:

We are all here to help you, so get the process started:D

If you don't ask you never get;)