car2403 -v- Barclays Bank (Default removal)

car2403
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5087 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Interesting point (to me anyway ;)) that they claim exemption under s74 in para 4(b). Section 74 does exempt tham from the whole of Part V of the CCA 1974. However, sections 77 and 78 ore in Part VI.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting point (to me anyway ;)) that they claim exemption under s74 in para 4(b). Section 74 does exempt tham from the whole of Part V of the CCA 1974. However, sections 77 and 78 ore in Part VI.

I think the logic behind their argument, which isn't clear here admittedley, is that they believe they don't have to comply with s.77/s.78 as that requires a properly executed agreement to be sent, which they can't comply with due to the s.74 Determination. Interesting argument, which the Judge will probably just take verbatim until I question it, but there you go.

Having said that, one account is a personal loan, so they can only rely on that argument for the overdraft - I've had a copy of the loan agreement, but it ain't signed by me/the bank. Basically, they are up the swany without a paddle.

Loans and overdrafts are completely different things and, as far as this is concerned, completely different accounts. Loans most definitely fall withijn the scope of s77(1). It may well be true that they don't have to comply with a request under ss77-78 for an overdarft, just that, IMHO, they can't use s74 to demonstrate that.

Loans and overdrafts are completely different things and, as far as this is concerned, completely different accounts. Loans most definitely fall withijn the scope of s77(1). It may well be true that they don't have to comply with a request under ss77-78 for an overdarft, just that, IMHO, they can't use s74 to demonstrate that.

If the bank follow through on recent conversations, this argument, rather sadly I think, won't see a full resolution where the issues can be decided - something that is obviously part of the big plan to continue sucking the life out of, perhaps, lesser mortals, I believe.

If the bank follow through on recent conversations, this argument, rather sadly I think, won't see a full resolution where the issues can be decided - something that is obviously part of the big plan to continue sucking the life out of, perhaps, lesser mortals, I believe.

So are you near a settlement then? or couldn't you possibly say ;)

If you find my advice helpful - please click on my scales

<<<<<< - they're over there!

Well, it's a funny black star now ...

The small print - any advice I give is freely given on the understanding that I am a layman and am not legally qualified in anyway.

I'm now withdrawing my claim.

I'm now withdrawing my claim.

Is it a settlement you're happy with or have they turned up the heat just that bit too far & pushed it onto the wrong track?

If you find my advice helpful - please click on my scales

<<<<<< - they're over there!

Well, it's a funny black star now ...

The small print - any advice I give is freely given on the understanding that I am a layman and am not legally qualified in anyway.

:confused:

Neither - I consider this claim a success, personally, not a failure. I don't have any costs to pay. In fact, it's the opposite.

Unfortunately I can't share more on open forum, as I'm sure you understand.

:confused:

Neither - I consider this claim a success, personally, not a failure. I don't have any costs to pay. In fact, it's the opposite.

Unfortunately I can't share more on open forum, as I'm sure you understand.

All this intrigue!! I'm just pleased you are getting a result you are happy with. I'll look forward to the time when you can share fully :grin:

Best wishes ;)

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

Isn't PM a wonderful invention?

Oh yes, it is indeed :D :D

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

After reading your thread again, it's given me the desire and inspiration to challenge a certain bank on the DP issue.

Nice one car. Paul

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. <br />

Winston Churchill

After reading your thread again, it's given me the desire and inspiration to challenge a certain bank on the DP issue.

Nice one car. Paul

Me? Inspire you? What's this? The mutual inspiration society? ;)

Can I join in? Can I, can I, can I? Pleeeeeeaaaaaassssssseeeeee?! :p

Me? Inspire you? What's this? The mutual inspiration society? ;)

Can I join in? Can I, can I, can I? Pleeeeeeaaaaaassssssseeeeee?! :p

I've been studying the legalities of the DPA after reading your thread, and i'm now aware of the significance of the DPA regarding my own case.

PW

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. <br />

Winston Churchill