Can this company hold back "training" costs from my salary?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6053 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Also vending machines tend to be hired from and stocked by outside companies so it may not be your company at fault. Write a letter to the owner of the machine (it should say this on a sticker near where you put your money in).

Yes, should you have proof, or even better, remains of the offending sandwich which can be passed onto Env Health Dept for testing then you may have a claim for personal injury.

My parents and sister were awarded 2k each for similar.

Hi there

Thanks for your reply. It pains me to describe the sandwich as it still makes me feel sick but it was a chicken, bacon and mayonaise so it was pretty well disguised!!! YUCK!!! The timeframe fits ie I ate the sandwich at 7.30pm,started to feel a bit yucky at 10-10.30 and went to bed. Couldnt sleep so got up and was violently sick. Cleaned up and then went back to bed. Woke up again at 6.00am feeling very thirsty. Had a sip of water and went into a hot and cold sweat. Phoned the 24 hour doctor service and while speaking to them was violently sick again. Didnt make it to the bathroom this time. This will all be recorded. Was told that it was probably the winter vomiting bug and to go to my pharmacist following day. Couldnt get out of bed until 3pm when I went to the pharmacy and they told me that the timescale would suggest food poisoning. Started being sick again on Saturday and had to go to the doctor on Monday. He signed me off until Wednesday but still wasnt feeling 100% but as I had just started I went into work.

I dont think this was reported but I suppose I could ask who owns the vending machines. Also, well known in the office that you dont eat anything from those machines. Wish somebody had told me!!!!

Nobody from environmental health has contacted me so I would imagine its a bit late now. What a situaiton. Why cant life just be straight-forward? I was so looking forward to starting this job.

Gemspan

Environmental health can still investigate the machine and the company now to ensure they are compliant with all H & S and food hygiene regs - I would give them a call (anonymously if you like) once you have the vending machines company's name.

Unfortunately, unless a stool sample was taken, it would be hard to definitively prove that you had food poisoning. I'm not disputing you did, but they will not take anecdotal evidence as proof, if you see what I mean.

However, there are obviously shoddy practices at work if a sandwich made you this ill and environmental health would pay them a visit and investigate if you complain.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.