Wickerman vs First Direct

Wickerman
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6546 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well, I've never felt so "among friends" until I visited this site after reading some articles on Motley Fool. So many people in the same boat after being screwed by banks.

I've always been the kind of bloke in the past who got a bank charge, fumed for a few minutes, then accepted that's just the way life is. How wrong I was. You've all given me real inspiration and the confidence to make a move and get back what's rightfully, and legally mine.

So, after spending a week, soaking up as much info from every corner of these forums, I've launched 3 x DPA's (I'll open up two other threads in the appropriate organisation's sections once my prelim letters are sent). Already had a reply from the lovely Linda at FD to confirm the statements will be arriving soon. I believe from other threads that DHL tend to delivery these pretty much in the middle of the night. Great.

Anyhow, there's my introduction, thanks for all the useful info so far posted, and I look forward to chatting over the coming weeks (I feel like I know most of you already, just from reading the threads). Good luck to you all.

First Direct - Settled in full 01/07

Capital One - Settled in full 06/10/06

MINT - Settled In Full 30/08/06

HSBC - Settled in Full 15/12/06

Barclays - - Settled in Full 29/11/06

Morgan Stanley - Settled In Full 03/10/06

MBNA - Settled In Full 23/09

American Express - Settled in Full 30/11/06 via bailiffs

Picked up the statements today from the couriers. Overdraft and Excess Overdraft charges come to £572.50, but might be more if anyone can shed some light on a £15 entry which is described as "Charge - Arrangement Fee". Anybody know what this might be referring to? There's no mention of it in the Martini notes. Could they have charged this fee for upping the overdraft limit perhaps?

Will post out the prelim approach for refund on Monday, once I get to the bottom of this £15 charge.

Thanks for that Tina. Would you or anyone else say that this is a charge which could be interpreted as excessive and worthy of FD justifying the £15 by way of a breakdown? In other words, should I add this to my claim list??

Hello Wickerman - I am at the same point as you. Hoping to send my prelimonary letter tommorrow. Have you been charged a large amount of inerest for using overdraft? I am not sure if i add this as well as one month its £120 which i feel its excessive or a mistake as all other times its no more than £7.

Good luck with your claim, i will watch with interest.

First Direct Data Protection 5/06/06

SETTLED IN FULL 23/08/06. £4412.30 charges plus 8% interest and court costs .

OH Halifax Data Protection 05/05/06

SETTLED IN FULL 23/08/06 charges plus 8% interest and court costs £738.78

MBNA SSettled in Full before court action.

Yorkshire Bank - Pre lim stage

Royal Bank of Scotlcand pre lim stage

Argos Card Services pre lim stage

Thanks guys.

£120 interest in one month?? Sounds a little excessive if you ask me. To be honest, I'm not too bothered about the month to month interest. The fees have never really taken me ludicrously over my overdraft, meaning the interest as a result of the charges would be pennies really. Being charged interest just for using the overdraft is, in my view, fair enough. Hence, I'm just chasing anything that's an overdraft fee or an excessive overdraft fee. Obviously if it goes to the court stage, I'll be after the 8% as well.

Keep me posted as to your progress as well.

Well I have it all ready post tomorrow, I have only claimed for the £120 as i feel this is excessive checked my notes and cant find a reason for the excessiveness. Like you say i am not concerned about the other interest as its part and parcel of having an overdraft. My claim is quite large so lets see what happens.

Good luck and I will keep you posted.

First Direct Data Protection 5/06/06

SETTLED IN FULL 23/08/06. £4412.30 charges plus 8% interest and court costs .

OH Halifax Data Protection 05/05/06

SETTLED IN FULL 23/08/06 charges plus 8% interest and court costs £738.78

MBNA SSettled in Full before court action.

Yorkshire Bank - Pre lim stage

Royal Bank of Scotlcand pre lim stage

Argos Card Services pre lim stage

Hey Wickerman,

Keep us updated on the claim towards Mint. I've had a few charges from them and wouldn't mind claiming those back.

Cheers

Course, no problem. I'll be opening a thread later under RBOS to keep you all updated.

Received a letter this morning from Bobby Kernaghan thanking me for my letter and that if it went to court, he's confident he'd win (there's something of the hopeless gambler coming through in that statement).

Anyhow, regardless of this, he's offered to refund, in full, all charges (£572.50). One thing I did notice was how tired this poor poor man's signature looked on the letter. It was that of a man who's just about had enough and wishes he'd taken that job at Ikea when he had the chance.

I'm sending off the acceptance letter today and will send off a donation today, once I get details off Dave, in appreciation for the hard work put into this site. I can't thank you all enough.

Now. The rest of them.

Congratulations

seems like first direct have done this for a few people apart from myself, i sent my letter same time as you but got my reply yesterday saying that i should escalte this to mr kernaghan, funny that thoou as i wrote to him in the first place............:oops:

Did you write to him orriginally at a different address, if so could you give me it as i am in the process of replying now:oops:

Believe it or not, my prelim letter was simplay addressed to First Direct, for no-one's attention, at the Wakefield Road address (sent recorded delivery though).

It seems, looking around that if the sum is under £700-£800, then they settle on the prelim letter. Looking at your thread, you're probably claiming a larger refund, so it's likely to go to the LBA and possibly Moneyclaim stages.

Good luck though. Regardless of the amount, the feeling is fantastic WHEN they give in.