Welcome Finance - This company needs to be banned.

tightbum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4604 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not sure if anyone can help but I took out a loan of £1000 with welcome in June 2004 to pay off existing debt. I was called into their office to talk to an advisor and he told me to take a loan of £1000 instead of the £800 I was asking for. I had explained that I had been off sick from work and in hospital which was the reason for being behind with my bills, yet he still told me that to get the loan I would have to take out the PPI, I also got lumped with Familycare insurance too. Which doesn't make sense as the PPI covered death on the loan. All other credit agreements at the time had their own PPI so the Familycare insurance wasn't needed. Not to mention that the PPI wouldn't have covered as I was already getting statutory sick pay from work at the time.

The ammount I borrowed ended up being £1800 (including the *extras*)to be paid in a year, I hadn't told any of my family that I had got the loan until I defaulted on one payment due to wages not being paid on time, I was charged by welcome and my bank for the default, which set me behind yet again with bills. Luckily enough a family member offered to pay the loan off for me, that was in Feb 2005. I still had half the loan to pay back.

Is there any point in trying to claim the paltry sum involved?

You have 6 years Ruth so if it was paid off in 2004 you have until the same date in 2010 to claim.

I would send them a reply to that effect and ask if this is their final response so you can start to issue preceedings against them.

also tell them if you can establish 'concealment' which you obviously can then limitation goes out of the window. You'll be able to claim as far back as you want:-D

I have now decided to take the matter further, welcome finance defaulted me on my credit file for something that should never have been there. this have been on my credit file since 2004, i contacted welcome finance and they have agreed to take this off and i have since checked with experian and the default has been removed and is now showing as settled. this has caused me unneccesary stress over the past six years, as having had this on my credit file has deterred me from obtaining credit. I have decided to have a go at taking them to court under data protection, just need to get my head around it all first, if anyone has ever done this or had any success i would like any tips available.

thanks ruth

'settled' is not good enough as it implies you DID default. If you didn't default demand that the record be expunged completely & don't listen to any rubbish from either Experian or Welcome that it cant be done.......... it most certainly can

Not sure if anyone can help but I took out a loan of £1000 with welcome in June 2004 to pay off existing debt. I was called into their office to talk to an advisor and he told me to take a loan of £1000 instead of the £800 I was asking for. I had explained that I had been off sick from work and in hospital which was the reason for being behind with my bills, yet he still told me that to get the loan I would have to take out the PPI, I also got lumped with Familycare insurance too. Which doesn't make sense as the PPI covered death on the loan. All other credit agreements at the time had their own PPI so the Familycare insurance wasn't needed. Not to mention that the PPI wouldn't have covered as I was already getting statutory sick pay from work at the time.

The ammount I borrowed ended up being £1800 (including the *extras*)to be paid in a year, I hadn't told any of my family that I had got the loan until I defaulted on one payment due to wages not being paid on time, I was charged by welcome and my bank for the default, which set me behind yet again with bills. Luckily enough a family member offered to pay the loan off for me, that was in Feb 2005. I still had half the loan to pay back.

Is there any point in trying to claim the paltry sum involved?

"paltry sum" seems an odd question what do you think

Am I right in thinking they cant take the car without court order due it being parked on private property, namely our drive? I haven't paid more than a third, to be honest have been unable to make a payment for well over a year but never received, nor found anything in sar, about being taken to court.

Hello, I've just had the repo man round and I asked him for the court order stating he could take the car off private property and he said he didn't have one and I was right that he couldn't take it off private property and away he went minus the car!

:D

'settled' is not good enough as it implies you DID default. If you didn't default demand that the record be expunged completely & don't listen to any rubbish from either Experian or Welcome that it cant be done.......... it most certainly can

as far as i was aware we didnt default as we did a vt on the vehicle we bought, only approx 1 year later did we get a letter from a debt collector stating that we owed money to them for something we had given back, so just to get them off our backs we agreed a settlement figure, only the letter they sent to us this shows as full and final settlement. on the credit file though this is a very different story. on the scoring part this was hightlighted red brackets and started in 2004 and showing as a default. so basically what you are saying, now that they have cleared it and this is showing as settled the default will remain. I have looked on the credit file and everthing is now green and showing as settled. just a bit confused now sorry to sound thick, would you know how i go about starting this process of claiming from them for damaging my credit file

also tell them if you can establish 'concealment' which you obviously can then limitation goes out of the window. You'll be able to claim as far back as you want:-D

me again sorry to sound thick, i dont really understand what this means could someone explain to me

Just checked my wifes credit file & welcome did a credit search on her in 11/2008

But she is nothing to do with my agreement with them which was taken out in 2004, 2007

So why are they credit searching her ? Is there a rule of law that says they cannot do this? (data protection act ?)

SIGN NOTHING

WELCOME ARE THE LAST STOP ON THE PPI PERIOD

WE NEED TO MOVE UP A GEAR

HAVE YOU DONE AN SAR

HAVE YOU CONTACTED DIRECT GROUP

HI Post

I did a SAR request to Nottingham in June, have heard nothing back from them since.

No I have not as yet been in touch with Direct Group, Should I SAR them as well??

Oscar

Take My Advice And Keep Quiet If Welcome Are Leaving You Alone

If They Contact You, Come Back To Your Thread And We Can Deal With It

Marty

You Got An Insurance Rebate From Welcome

Well Thats A First

Seems Welcome Have Been Reading My Posts

Please Send Me Marty

Ill Pm My Email Address If You Dont Have It

Pretty much the line i have been towing regarding Welcome, i havent heard from them since March now(bar one letter...which got filed correctly), nor has my solicitor despite two letters, The Maidstone branch has now deceased, and im just enjoying every Welcome free day, my phones never been so quiet !!

me again sorry to sound thick, i dont really understand what this means could someone explain to me

There is an exception to the 6 year timescale provided for by the Limitation Act, Section 32 to be precise...

32 Postponement of limitation period in case of fraud, concealment or mistake(1) Subject to [F1subsection (3)][F1subsections (3) and (4A)] below, where in the case of any action for which a period of limitation is prescribed by this Act, either—

(a)the action is based upon the fraud of the defendant; or

(b)any fact relevant to the plaintiff’s right of action has been deliberately concealed from him by the defendant; or

©the action is for relief from the consequences of a mistake;

the period of limitation shall not begin to run until the plaintiff has discovered the fraud, concealment or mistake (as the case may be) or could with reasonable diligence have discovered it.

References in this subsection to the defendant include references to the defendant’s agent and to any person through whom the defendant claims and his agent.

(2)For the purposes of subsection (1) above, deliberate commission of a breach of duty in circumstances in which it is unlikely to be discovered for some time amounts to deliberate concealment of the facts involved in that breach of duty.

I wonder - with all the Welcome branch staff looking for work and McDonalds recruiting....

Me: Big Mac meal please.

McWelcome staff: Do you want PPI with that?

Me: No

McWelcome Staff: You won't get the Big Mac unless you have PPI

Me: I'll just take the burger, give me my McChange and I'll get the McF***k out of here

McWelcome Staff: OK. But if you don't finish your meal in 5 minutes we'll be adding McCharges of £10 and McDefault interest....

5 minutes later...

McWelcome staff: I'm here to repo your tray....

hahahahahahaha that really cracked me up hahaha brilliant xx

Well An Incorect Default Has Been Priced At £1000 Per Default

More than that post last one went for £8k!!

Take a look at his thread it has the relevant case law to bring a claim for damaging a credit file

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/199584-civil-action-damaging-my.html

Hi not been on here for a while. Is it true that welcome could be shutting? Just that im in the middle of getting my sar back from then. I have had numerous loans with them and a car dating back to 2003. The car is the big one as it got written off and i was told that i had to pay the remaining year finance on it. Even though we had insurance to cover it. Direct group told us that they sent two claim forms and i never sent them back, you know about this postg but heard nothing back yet.

More than that post last one went for £8k!!

Take a look at his thread it has the relevant case law to bring a claim for damaging a credit file

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/199584-civil-action-damaging-my.html

Hi Andie

did you ever get any joy when you complained to the CRA?

Ive got an old default re-apear on my credit file... was with yes car originaly... my issue was ppi.. no surprise.

But it was taken of and has now re-apeared as hillseden securities but a year later in the date.

Hi Guys,

I have started my own thread entitled

'Help with 'Welcome' Please.

I would be grateful if someone could have a quick look at the agreement and let me know if this looks ok.Probably is althought the interest rate seems ridiculous.:eek:

Thanks again for this thread..it's great.I have read it from start to finish.

Dawnytrishx

grrrrrrr bloody 7.50 am had someone at me buzzer from lewis group looking for me partner told them she wasnt here, and he went on im trying to find so n so i was here a few month ago, again said she not here, he then started asking is my place new do i rent is it bought so i said what the hell is it to do with you sod off, so off he went in his battered skoda lol ffs if you wanna get smart dont start on me till ive had at least 5 coffees, lol he must have short memory cos he got bolloxed last time he called now im angry

7.50am and had a leis group gonkbag at me buzzer looking for my partner, he obviously forgot what i said last time, so i answered and he said im looking for so n so, i said she not here he said oh i was here few months ago and she was!! i said well she aint here now,(she went to work at 7) but wasnt telling him that, but he told me who he was looking for and i could be anyone he dont know me then he started to ask am i a new tenant or do i own the flat i said its got sod all to do with you sod off, and off he went in his battered old skoda(classy) lol but im now angry and angry on mondays before 5 coffees aint a good place to be

sorry double post can a mod remove first one thanks:twisted:

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4604 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks