Welcome Finance - This company needs to be banned.

tightbum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4604 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

a thought would be if we all sent welcome subject access requests and the like in the next few weeks etc...would they even get opened with the staff being told they lost there jobs.....

we could take advantage of welcome at this time.....:idea:

just a thought!!!!!

so what do u think...a good time to catch these scumbags with there pants down...

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

so what do u think...a good time to catch these scumbags with there pants down...

not sure what that would achieve - only a slap on the wrist from the ICO for not answering within 40 days - nothing else would come of it.

Can anyone advise then what I should do with my loan ? Im still paying it, and waiting for the S.A.R to come through so I can look at all info. Welcome have already refunded part of my PPI - but witheld the rest. Complaint is now with the FOS and is awaiting adjudication. Should I stop making payments or continue with them ?

Thanks Guys

Forsure

** One woman crusade against the rip off lenders ! **

Can anyone advise then what I should do with my loan ? Im still paying it, and waiting for the S.A.R to come through so I can look at all info. Welcome have already refunded part of my PPI - but witheld the rest. Complaint is now with the FOS and is awaiting adjudication. Should I stop making payments or continue with them ?

Thanks Guys

You could possibly put the account in to dispute as I take it you are disputing the amount outstnading with them i.e. you say it should be £XXX with the PPI refund but they are giving a higher figure???

If this is correct you can put the account into dispute whilst this is being dealt with by FOS

You could possibly put the account in to dispute as I take it you are disputing the amount outstnading with them i.e. you say it should be £XXX with the PPI refund but they are giving a higher figure???

If this is correct you can put the account into dispute whilst this is being dealt with by FOS

If I do that, does that mean I do not have to pay them until the dispute is resolved ? Can the account still be put in dispute whilst the complaint is with the FOS ?

If I do put the account in dispute and stop making payments, with the situation with Welcome at the moment, what is the most likely outcome ? Are they still likely to harass the life outta me ?

Thanks Andie for your help....Could do with saving that money every month, got a little bundle of joy due in 4 mths !

Forsure

If I do that, does that mean I do not have to pay them until the dispute is resolved ? Can the account still be put in dispute whilst the complaint is with the FOS ?

If I do put the account in dispute and stop making payments, with the situation with Welcome at the moment, what is the most likely outcome ? Are they still likely to harass the life outta me ?

Thanks Andie for your help....Could do with saving that money every month, got a little bundle of joy due in 4 mths !

Bless - Congratulations.

If the amount asked is disputed you are able to put the account in dispute - if this happens they should not:-

Ask for payment

Add charges or interest

default the account

register it negatively with CRA's etc

I am lucky as the month I put mine into dispute they sent me a statement so I know EXACTLY what was owed at the time.

I have not paid now for the 2nd month and I have had zero contact from them.

Some Caggers have had a letter saying it is Welcomes policy that payments continue to be made whilst in dispute.....! I composed a letter for someone basically telling them to do one - they've not heard anything since either

• Haha 1

Bless - Congratulations.

If the amount asked is disputed you are able to put the account in dispute - if this happens they should not:-

Ask for payment

Add charges or interest

default the account

I am lucky as the month I put mine into dispute they sent me a statement so I know EXACTLY what was owed at the time.

Some Caggers have had a letter saying it is Welcomes policy that payments continue to be made whilst in dispute.....! I composed a letter for someone basically telling them to do one - they've not heard anything since either

Do you have a template I could send in the first instance to see what they say ? :D

Forsure

Bless - Congratulations.

Ask for payment

Add charges or interest

default the account

Thankyou for the congratulations by the way :D - although dont feel very much like someone to be messed with, am in alot of pain and walking like a penguin, which is why I wanna grab Welcome by the short and curlies and get my dosh back...!!! :mad:...oh my, im starting to wind myself up now !! I should go with Post to one of his meetings - no court in the land would ever convict me of inflicting pain upon the head concho at Welcome :razz:.......( image now running through my head ! )

Forsure

How about this????

FORMAL NOTICE - ACCOUNT IN DISPUTE.

Ref: ****************

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your letter of xx/xx/xx, the contents of which have been noted. DELETE IF NOT NEEDED

You have been issued with notification from the Financial Ombudsman Service that they are investigating details of the above account and therefore I allege the amount your company claim to be outstanding is erroneous and therefore have a legal basis to put this account into dispute pending the investigation and decision by the Financial Ombudsman.

Therefore I will be cancelling future payments to your company from todays date.

Furthermore you should be aware that a creditor is not permitted to take ANY action against an account whilst it remains in dispute.

* You may not demand any payment on the account, nor am I obliged to offer any payment to you.

* You may not add further interest or any charges to the account.

* You may not pass the account to a third party.

* You may not register any information in respect of the account with any credit reference agency.

* You may not issue a default notice related to the account.

I reserve the right to report your actions to any such regulatory authorities as I see fit.

I would appreciate your due diligence in this matter by ensuring that I have no further contact from your company save for any matter regarding the investigation in progress.

Yours faithfully

Afternoon everyone :)

I have just checked my credit report and the term of the loan is 122 months on equifax but on our agreement is 121 months. I know this has been mentioned previously but I still don't really understand what welcome are doing or trying to achieve with this. Can someone please explain what they think is going on and is what welcome are doing legal?

Andie - no news yet on complaint to Andrew Moss I am going to chase up later this evening but will keep you posted.

Millymo - I have heard nothing yet either - but him and his lackie got an email yesterday from me saying I assume they were dealing with it but tick tock tick tock!!

Anyway the thing about the extra month on your credit report - which by the way youshould email the CRA telling them you want removed as it is an error - will post the email I sent to them for you in a sec but basically

If Mr A pays £300 per month x 12 months = £3600

Mr B Pays £200 per month x 12 months = £2400

and Miss C pays £500 per month x 12 months = £6000

but if welcome put on their own books

Mr A £300 x 13 months

Mr B £200 x 13 months

Miss C £500 x 13 months

they have just accounted for an extra £1000 - not £1000 they will get but £1000 that make their books look healthy.

Now multiply that by EVERY welcome customer as we all seem to have it and that might explain where some of this £950 million black hole has come from.

Make sense??

Send this to Experian

To whom it may concern

I have just looked at my credit report for the first time and have found an error that needs to be ammended.

Entry C12 Welcome Financial Services LTD have placed a marker on this account that contains incorrect data. This entry states my agreement is 37 months - this is incorrect as the agreement is in fact 36 months.

Should you require proof of this I can fax a copy of my agreement showing 36 months.

I now request this item is removed from my credit file with immediate effect.

Please can you confirm that this has been actioned.

Send this to Experian

To whom it may concern

I have just looked at my credit report for the first time and have found an error that needs to be ammended.

Entry C12 Welcome Financial Services LTD have placed a marker on this account that contains incorrect data. This entry states my agreement is 37 months - this is incorrect as the agreement is in fact 36 months.

Should you require proof of this I can fax a copy of my agreement showing 36 months.

Thanks again Andie - I really don't know what I would do without this site.

Thanks Andie that makes perfect sense. so is this what welcome are being investigated for or is this their way of trying to cover up the black hole?

It's a drop in the ocean against £950 mill - that is not the primary cause of the black hole but has certainly added to it

Send this to Experian

To whom it may concern

I did the same as you suggested to me before, and mine was changed back to 48 months instead of 49, all within a week!!

It's a drop in the ocean against £950 mill - that is not the primary cause of the black hole but has certainly added to it

Just another one of welcomes illegal practices - oh well I now have something else to add to my ever growing list against them

How about this????

FORMAL NOTICE - ACCOUNT IN DISPUTE.

Ref: ****************

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your letter of xx/xx/xx, the contents of which have been noted. DELETE IF NOT NEEDED

You have been issued with notification from the Financial Ombudsman Service that they are investigating details of the above account and therefore I allege the amount your company claim to be outstanding is erroneous and therefore have a legal basis to put this account into dispute pending the investigation and decision by the Financial Ombudsman.

Therefore I will be cancelling future payments to your company from todays date.

Furthermore you should be aware that a creditor is not permitted to take ANY action against an account whilst it remains in dispute.

* You may not demand any payment on the account, nor am I obliged to offer any payment to you.

* You may not add further interest or any charges to the account.

* You may not pass the account to a third party.

* You may not register any information in respect of the account with any credit reference agency.

* You may not issue a default notice related to the account.

I reserve the right to report your actions to any such regulatory authorities as I see fit.

I would appreciate your due diligence in this matter by ensuring that I have no further contact from your company save for any matter regarding the investigation in progress.

Yours faithfully

Thanks for that Andie.....what is their most likely reply to this ?

Forsure

either of 2 options

1) they will not reply but will not contact you - as in my case

2) or they will reply saying it is Welcome policy that you pay anyway - I have a letter to follow that one though so we can drown them in paperwork if they want to start playing silly buggers!

Hey im wondering if anyone has got any advice about what I should be mentioning in my conversation im about to have with welcome.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-finance/196750-welcome-have-stolen-my.html#post2135740

Heres my thread with the back story and some information in, any help at all with what to say, any buzz words i should mention to get my message across will be an amazing help.

Thanks

Bless - Congratulations.

Ask for payment

Add charges or interest

default the account

Forsure I wholeheartedly agree with Andie on this but get some confirmation of the balance in writing before you put it in dispute, I too had a statement when it went into dispute so knew the balance but found out yesterday they were still adding on interest regardless! but I have the proof, the silly beggers. Hopefully you will get full account details in the SAR that will detail what you owed at which date, but i think we all know how welcome manipulate this, get your balance first, your bubs deserves it more than them so good luck.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4604 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks