Welcome Finance - This company needs to be banned.

tightbum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4589 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Is that one you got through the post? Mine is a branch one, It is very similar:

differences are the heading on mine does not have the 1st 3 lines shown on yours

Some of the terms of the policies are different

There is NO mention of cancellation period or refunds on mine at all, anywhere.

Now read that Demands & needs statement along with the FSA guide, without laughing :p

Dipply75

I am in no way a legal advisor and only speak from my own experiences and the helpful advice of those in the same boat! :p

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi again everyone :)

I was just wondering if I want to make a complaint about a welcome branch who do I complain to?

I also want to complain to someone outside welcome re: harassment and threats would that be FSA?

I know its not related but would be grateful for the info many thanks

According to Mr Simon Spencer-Brunt...a Claims Team Leader.{ My email to NU was forwarded to him at DG.}

Direct Group are 3rd party claims administrators and deal with insurance claims for Welcome Finance policy holders. The Underwriters of these policies are Norwich Union.

He emailed me info of several old policies........and absolutely no info at all on the ones that apply to now.

Here is the stock standard Needs and demands statement. Is this the same as you have Dipply?

http://i448.photobucket.com/albums/qq203/082stewie/WelcomeDN.jpg

Stewie

The one above is crappy.

Right this is what it kinda should look like. Note the agents comments and recommendations etc etc. Every time he made a suggestion it was noted and time stamped. Everything was pretty much noted.

And just out of interest, I claimed back the PPI on this and won my case without going to court. They caved in and made me an offer I accepted. And this is 10 times more detailed than Welcomes scrap pile! One of the points in my argument was the lack of needs and demands in the statement. And they did not defend that claim.

To enlarge it just press Ctrl and + at the same time.

http://i448.photobucket.com/albums/qq203/082stewie/CGNeeds.jpg

I need to change my avatar..But cant find a good replacement.

Is anyone any closed to bringing Welcome down ? They bug me tro death and I just cant wait until someone has the chance to trip them up to land in their own c**p !! x

Forsure

** One woman crusade against the rip off lenders ! **

How sure are you that Welcome use Advised sales? Could the assesment be done via the broker before the information is passed onto Welcome? And how sure are you that no information is kept regards your application and how you scored on the Demands and needs statement?

This could be the big break!!

Needs and demands has to be completed at the point of sale with the seller and the seller should be FSA certified and then if done correctly and you have agreed that you want insurance then a medical questionair should be completed to confirm if you are legible for it. These details are then sent to the underwriters for there recoords.

How sure are you that Welcome use Advised sales? Could the assesment be done via the broker before the information is passed onto Welcome? And how sure are you that no information is kept regards your application and how you scored on the Demands and needs statement?

This could be the big break!!

stewie sorry I can't post the link cos of being on phone internet but find my thread andrea vs welcome finance ppi and then go on my photo bucket link you will see proof of the waste of paper thing they call a needs and demands. bear in mind all their writing.

I have seen their attempt at a demands and needs statement. If it was a non-advised sale it would e fine as it basically gives a general description of the product - enough to identify it as PPI, Life or whatever. Thats it.

But Welcome do an advised sale - they apparently assess your needs then reccommend the policy to you as suitable, yet keep absolutely no documentation on that assessment, have no standard forms for it and pass no personal data to the administrator or underwriter about you?

DG then accept the job of deciding claims on policy sold on an advised basis with no personal info on each policyholder.....yeah right :cool:

with regards to this there is a script which is approx 3 pages where boxes are ticked to assess suitability for insurance. it is part of an 8 page script that should be used. you do not get a copy however - one should be kept on file with head office.

Hi again everyone :)

I was just wondering if I want to make a complaint about a welcome branch who do I complain to?

I also want to complain to someone outside welcome re: harassment and threats would that be FSA?

I know its not related but would be grateful for the info many thanks

Hi

have you had any advise on this one as yet?

Hi

have you had any advise on this one as yet?

I haven't gloucs but have managed to find it for myself thanks - complaint now logged with customer relations

Had a call from welcomes 'legal' dept today threatening to take legal action on account - 1 month in arrears and call came from mobile - how desperate are they getting for cash now??????

with regards to this there is a script which is approx 3 pages where boxes are ticked to assess suitability for insurance. it is part of an 8 page script that should be used. you do not get a copy however - one should be kept on file with head office.

Hi gloucs, hope your well

As this sheet is s form of needsa nd demands should the customer not get a copy, if not is it available on request

Hi Gloucs,

"WELCOME" back, hope you are well.

Mine was all done over the phone as part of a secured loan over the phone. Naughty naughty sales person!

What are the odds of them still having the voice logs of this conversation regards the PPI. I would like a copy of that!

Considering my first loan had NO PPI and second loan it appeared. I do however recall some basic conversation about insurance.

As Dipply states, are the agents on the phone qualified to sell insurance and how do we know they are compliant with FSA regulations or even allowed to sell the insurance and give recommendations?

Stewie

Again WEEEEELLLLCCCOOOMMEEE back

I need to change my avatar..But cant find a good replacement.

Hi,

I'm new here but have been reading this thread over the past few days. I took out a loan with Welcome (stupid, I know). Recently, my partner was made redundant and I have missed 1 payment (due 15th March). As I have been working, I've not had the chance to call them back about it but they're threatening to visit my home, etc.

Having checked my loan documents today, I note that they charged me an acceptance fee of £75 but are charging me £3.02 over 48 months (totals £144.96 - almost double the original fee). Interest rate on the loan is just over 44% as well.

Am I able to get this agreement put into dispute over this?

Thanks in advance.

and what's betting this 8 page script is completed long after you left the building. just had a very enlightening chat with dg compliance director. very informative ;)

You are killing me!!! Spill!!!

Dipply75

I am in no way a legal advisor and only speak from my own experiences and the helpful advice of those in the same boat! :p

Lovin the new avatar btw Stewie lol

Its like a cross between 'Heeeerees Johnny' and Pennywise the Clown!

Dipply75

welcome cath

excuse the pun

its best if you start your own thread,

we are all hear to help

this thread takes off, blink and twenty pages have gone

welcome to cag

Thanks, I have posted elsewhere...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-consumer-issues/191442-welcome-finance.html

Edited by cath212
Link wasn't on

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4589 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks