Please help - list of common failures

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5516 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Massive history of their mistakes

Took 1 month to set up power and gas at new residence because Scottish powers system for setting up pre pay account did not fit my circumstances. Was away when they sent out pre payment meter cards/key. Imagine returning from 20hr flight mid winter to candle and cold water! moved into house did not know of pre payment service new house owner with freezer full of goods. Informed it would take 2/3 days to send out key but i was flying out before it could arrive, told them this got "sorry cant help you". No power in house which had just been robbed because it was looking un-lived in and I'm away a month.

When I set up first account did not know I had to get a gas account set up as well. Scottish power rep never checked to see who gas supplier was, so setting up gas account was missed. Power was set up finally got key 1 month later but nothing was done about gas, now had to set it up. 1month 1 week from house purchase till gas supplied. Scottish power had been supplier all along.

Trying to charge me for money owed by last house owner on prepayment meter. Explained debt was not mine when account was set up. Ok they said stet up account then a couple months later debt returned to my bill. Even after it was all explained to Scottish power rep. Called again to explain it was not my debt remove it.

Notorious for bad phone waiting times.

debt added to my account after clerical error/ non transfer of payment i had made.

called to ask how can i be in debt on a pre payment account? If I don't pay I don't get power so how can i be in debt? Mistake corrected.

Again iv no land line, poor phone service costing me loads on mobile calls for their mistake.

Was given dedicated help number to save on waiting times, call costs. Rang it for one week with no answer!

Was told i would be called back to sort problem, never was !

changed to normal meter quarterly billed, took twice as long as the 16 days to fit metres. May have taken up to 45 days I was not in when agent called, tried to call them several times to tell them i would not be at home but no one was answering phone. Huge waiting times, so could not warn them and change date.

Was supposed to be billed quarterly, beginning Jan never was.

changed to n power around mid Jan.

Was away from 27th Jan till 26 Feb in that time

Scottish gave me first bill for new meters also final bill. Sent 29 th Jan while i was away. On 20th Jan debt sent to SPM collections. I returned on 25th Jan to final bill and threats of court action from SPM collection. So by time I read any bill it was already passed over for private collection! hows that for service.

Tried three times to pay bill with Scottish power waited for up to 16 and a half minutes before hanging up.

Scottish rep turned up on my door. Told him i have changed to Npower, he told me Scottish power was cheaper than Npower. I was not interested due to history of service.

Checked new power rate against sottish powers last billed rate, found I would have saved £100 over last mont. Was the sales rep lying to me?

As they could not give me a service at all and were lying inept company, refused to pay and sent a letter for compensation for terrible service. At wits end blood boiling.

Scottish power rep say sorry for mistakes offering no discounts reparations. Refuses to stop debt collection as i am not disputing final amount.

Meanwhile Dept has been passed to Commercial Credit services letter dated 6th March 15% late payment charge added with very threatening letter!

All within two weeks of me reading first bill from Scottish power.

CCS letter saying I owe money for per payment card services! This is incorrect i no longer have one and all bills for that service were paid and up to date.

Another Scottish power mistake!

More mistakes include inconsistent dates for when meters changed and when I changed supplier. the dates from consumer direct are different.

Hows that for a year of service!

• 1 month later...

Three immobile: Took nine months to send out returns bag for an allegedly new phone (it wasn't)

Denied having an office in Glasgow, even though I could give them the full postal address, description of building, and telling them that my sister worked right across the road from the office, I wanted a phone number for them so that I could talk to someone who spoke the same language as me.

Oh and, believe it or not, a customer service director who point blank refused to talk to customers.

Complete nightmare of a company

Edited by Archway

Archway