Bromley County Court 24-Aug-07 Hearing

Noddy73
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6126 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My contents include:

Statement of Evidence

Copies of Relevant Correspondence

Updated Schedule of Charges

Duplicate Account Statements

Summaries of Relevant Case Law

Early Day Motion from The House of Parliament

Dunlop v New Garage

Unfair Terms in Consumer Contract Regulations 1999

Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977

Sale of Goods Act 1982

Office of Fair Trading Summary Statement

N. Rich – Report Re. Australian Penalty Fees

Office of Fair Trading - Unfair Standard Terms

BBC Interview Transcript – Peter McNamara

HSBC Bank plc Terms and Conditions

Summary of changes in the T&Cs pre 2002 – 2007

Examples of Settled Claims against HSBC

I don't think I have as much as Noddy but if anyone needs anything then give me a shout.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Called them this morning and judgement by default not logged although it was sent a week and a half ago and it may not be logged for 10 days! Pointed out that hearing was in 3 days and she said there wasn't really anything they could do and that it wouldn't affect the hearing if I didn't get judgement. I said that it would affect the hearing if I did get judgement before then - I'm getting sick of being on hold for 40 mins every time I phone them and then being no better off for info that I was beforehand.

Stayed Until March 31st 08. Noddy, I think I spotted you but not sure - I was the first HSBC and was in there for quite a while arguing my case. It sounds exactly the same as yours - the judge had already made his mind up and there was nothing I could do to persuade him to either grant judgement by default (apparently it doesn't matter if the defendant doesn't comply with court orders) or to stop the stay. Complete waste of time.

Skyeann - the Abbey Barrister was on the phone to her boss at 10am because there were 10 Abbey cases and she was only down to defend 8 so there were 2 cases missing! She was sitting opposite me in the waiting area and was trying to read the paperwork of the guy sitting next to her whilst he was making notes in his bundle and perparing himself. If she had done that to me there would have been words!

The HSBC barrister wasn't too bad really (apart from the very bad tartan tie!) - it was more the Judge who appeared to have decided to stay the cases irrelevent of the individual circumstances or the defendant's utter inability to comply with the Judge's own order.

• Haha 1

The judge asked him for the letter saying the were going to apply for a stay as the court didn't receive it. He fumbled around for a while and I thought my luck was in, but alas, he found it. He aslo asked for the Judge to grant a draft order (probably for a longer stay) but the judge said no way. Barrister said he understood the judge's refusal and that he was simply presenting it as per his instructions. That was about it really - he spent the whole time furiously scribbling notes.