Littlewoods PPI

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5969 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi HellhasnofuryNot very good with spreadsheets but daughter is a dab hand and can advise me. Although I am getting better.I checked my file again as I got an alert and my Littlewoods one is now showing with U's and two 3's they have just been changed in the last few days, did receive another letter from them from the collections department they want me to phone as they have some information regarding your account we would like to discuss with you, now I wonder what that would be.oh my smilies don't work eitherI haven't sent the letter you helped me with yet but will get that done I have been having problems with my computer but will be up and going again in a couple of days.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi HellhasnofuryNot very good with spreadsheets but daughter is a dab hand and can advise me. Although I am getting better.I checked my file again as I got an alert and my Littlewoods one is now showing with U's and two 3's they have just been changed in the last few days, did receive another letter from them from the collections department they want me to phone as they have some information regarding your account we would like to discuss with you, now I wonder what that would be.oh my smilies don't work eitherI haven't sent the letter you helped me with yet but will get that done I have been having problems with my computer but will be up and going again in a couple of days.

Hello Mrsc:D

I wonder what that would be about, I do think if it is something important they will write to you. If they call you, tell them that you are not prepared to discuss anything on the telephone and to put it in writing and as far as you are concerned the account is in dispute.:cool:

Speak soon:D

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Hello see you got your smilies back, can hardly get on the computer at the moment my one is knackered and I have all my info on there hope to get it sorted very soon.

Was very tempted to phone them when I got the letter,but I won't do that, will just have to wait.:D

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

I'm back,brother kindly gave me his computer as he just bought a new laptop,so back to the fight with Littlewoods and many others,I have fallen well behind with all of this so bear with me while I catch up.

Fisrt thing I need to do is send the letter Hellhas kindly provided for me,just have to amend the end bit as I didn't send a SAR just requested 2 statements.

Received statement from NDR 22nd sep and they have credited the account for £72.93 Extra Care advantage then received Letter from NDR 24th Sept YOU SHOULD CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY as I haven't kept up with the payments, they are now in criminal default of the CCA that was sent 13th Aug.

The PPI payments come to £521.45

Late payment charges come to £154.00

Still to find out what charges and PPI are on the 2 missing statements.Another thing I have to find out is what the hell they are doing to my credit file checked with check my file and they have ? all over the place now.

Speak to you all soon.:D

Hi all,

I'm back,brother kindly gave me his computer as he just bought a new laptop,so back to the fight with Littlewoods and many others,I have fallen well behind with all of this so bear with me while I catch up.

Fisrt thing I need to do is send the letter Hellhas kindly provided for me,which one was that???? just have to amend the end bit as I didn't send a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) just requested 2 statements.

Received statement from NDR 22nd sep and they have credited the account for £72.93 What was this for????Extra Care advantage then received Letter from NDR 24th Sept YOU SHOULD CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY as I haven't kept up with the payments, they are now in criminal default of the CCA that was sent 13th Aug. Write them a letter stating the account is in legal dispute, due to their non-compliance of the cca request.

Add something like this.

Furthermore, you should remember that a creditor is not permitted to take any action against an account whilst it remains in dispute. The lack of a correctly executed credit agreement is a very clear legal dispute and therefore the following applies:

• You may not demand any payment on this account, nor am I obliged to offer any payment to you.

• You may not add any further interest or charges to this account.

• You may not pass this account to any third party.

• You may not register any information in respect of this account with any of the credit reference agencies.

• You may not issue a default notice related to this account.

The PPI payments come to £521.45 Is this plus interest?????

Late payment charges come to £154.00 Is this plus interest?????

Have you worked them out on a spreadsheet?????

Still to find out what charges and PPI are on the 2 missing statements.It does not look that they are going to come up with this info and if is now holding up the case, look at your other statement and calculate an average months to calculate what they would have taken.Another thing I have to find out is what the hell they are doing to my credit file checked with check my file and they have ? all over the place now. Don't understand what you mean here??????

Speak to you all soon.:D

Hello Mrsc,

Nice to see you up and running again. I have put up a few bits in red for your attention. Give a shout if you need any help.

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Hi Hellhas

which one was that????

The one back at post 15

Hello Mrsc,

Please have a look at this version of your letter, I hope you don't mind, I have just bulked it up for you and added a few bits. It is not quite finished as I need input and information form you.

If you feel that I am poking my nose in tell me.

Sorry don't know how to get this in a box hope you understand:confused:

credited the account for £72.93 What was this for???? Refund of last 3 months extra care insurance.

The PPI payments come to £521.45 Is this plus interest?????

Late payment charges come to £154.00 Is this plus interest?????

Have you worked them out on a spreadsheet?????

Oh I feel so incompetant I have them on a spreadsheet but didn't print out the bit with interest and now I can't find the spreadsheets they are on this computer somewhere as I have my old hard drive in as a slave drive so will eventually find them.:( :(

Another thing I have to find out is what the hell they are doing to my credit file checked with check my file and they have ? all over the place now. Don't understand what you mean here??????

Well when I checked my credit file before it was marked with 1's 2's & a couple of threes now with experian the ones that was marked ok have changed to U's and with callcredit and the other one ?? the ok's are marked with ???? so don't know what the hell that means.

Thanks again for the help speak to you soon

Mrs c

lastscan2.jpg

lastscan1.jpg

Is ther anything else I can add to this. I will do a seperate letter for my charges.

Hello Mrsc,

You have got all of the facts there, What software have you used to paste your letter on your thread,can you copy and paste it on Word. I cannot seem to add anything to it.

These are bits that I put it letter for re-claiming ppi. They may or may not be helpful. Are you going to give them a timescale in which to reply. Will you take them to court if they do not give you it back, Can you let me know.

When I took the xxxx with your company, I was not given offered a full and detailed explanation of payment protection insurance and was lead to believe by your company/representative that it was part of the conditions of the xxxxx. I have thought that for the last five years and more. It has only become apparent to me after the recent coverage by the media, and following the recent OFT and FSA investigations regarding the mis-selling of ppi by finance companies. This is when I requested the Subject Access Request. Regarding the xxxx with the ppi applied, I believe I that I have been gravely mis-led and have been mis-sold this expensive insurance that I did not need or want..

I would draw your attention to the terms of the contract which you agreed to at the time that I opened my account. It is an implied term of that contract that you would conduct yourselves lawfully and in a manner which complies with UK law.

No attempt was made to ascertain if the product provided was fit for purpose, suitable for my needs or if indeed it at all. No inquiry was made as whether I had pre-existing insurance for accident, illness or unemployment. I was not given a copy of the insurance policy nor were any rights to cancel explained. I believe you manifestly failed in your fiduciary responsibilities, your duty of care.

Your concealment of the act of mis-selling has prevented me from asserting my right until now. I believe that there are strong grounds for action against you under common law, statute and consumer regulations.

I would ask that they refunded the whole amount, plus interest at their contractual rate for starters. Have you done a spreadsheet for the amounts and did you work out on average they would have taken for the statements they are still not giving you.

• Haha 1

You have got all of the facts there, What software have you used to paste your letter on your thread,can you copy and paste it on Word. I cannot seem to add anything to it.

Yes I think so,I don't have word on that computer just open office and I used photobucket.

Are you going to give them a timescale in which to reply. Will you take them to court if they do not give you it back, Can you let me know.

Yes but was not sure of how long would 14 days be too short ? Yes I will take them to court if I don't get it back.

Have you done a spreadsheet for the amounts and did you work out on average they would have taken for the statements they are still not giving you.

Yes I have worked out on spreadsheet but just with 8%,I thought I couldn,t add this until I take it to court. will have a look at this and get back to you.

As I am a different computer I will try pasting onto word but I must warn you I am not very good at this:D

Okay, I have just realised what I have done:o

I didn't need to use photobucket boy do I feel stupid:o

Will get back to you regarding the missing statements will have to go on to other computer to get the info please bear with me;)

Yes I think so,I don't have word on that computer just open office and I used photobucket.

Are you going to give them a timescale in which to reply. Will you take them to court if they do not give you it back, Can you let me know.

Yes but was not sure of how long would 14 days be too short ? Yes I will take them to court if I don't get it back.

Have you done a spreadsheet for the amounts and did you work out on average they would have taken for the statements they are still not giving you.

Yes I have worked out on spreadsheet but just with 8%,I thought I couldn,t add this until I take it to court. will have a look at this and get back to you.

As I am a different computer I will try pasting onto word but I must warn you I am not very good at this:D

Hey your doing fine, Personally I would be asking for the refund with their contractual interest, and then be prepared to settle for less if you wish to. They have benefited from the money, you did not. They would be the first to add contractual interest if it suited them, under the terms and conditions etc etc. I believe in fairness, not a rule for them, but not for you.

Complaints Management Team

Park Lane

Liverpool

L72 1LQ

10th October 2007

Account No:

Thank you for your letter dated 31st August 2007 in response to my request for information regarding the Extra Care Advantage insurance that was applied to Account no.

You have stated that I accepted this insurance, and that in this acceptance I would have been supplied with a Certificate of Insurance outlining the terms and conditions and benefits this cover would provide. Also the option of cancelling this policy within 30 days should I not wish to proceed with it.

You have further stated that on checking records of the above account, you have no trace of me requesting to cancel this policy, I am interested to know if you have any evidence of me asking for this insurance cover. And if so could I please have a copy.

I have enclose a copy of your letter dated 13th June 2007 which states the following:-

Important information about your Extra care Advantage policy documents

Please find enclosed policy documents relating to your Extra Care Advantage purchase. Unfortunately, due to processing problems, these were not sent to you at the time of purchase. Please accept my offer of a £10 credit to your account and my sincere apologies for any confusion this administrative error may have caused.

As you have stated in your letter of 13th June. I had never been sent the insurance policy. Have never been able to read the terms and conditions of the policy and not given any cancellation rights at the time this insurance was applied to the above account. I do not recall ever being asked if I required this cover or the fact that I agreed to this at all.

I have calculated to date that your Company, has applied charges of £521.45 for Extra Care Advantage insurance. This is excluding the amounts charged on Statement No 5 and No 19. I believe this policy to be mis-sold to me and I am requesting that they be refunded to me immediately in the form of a cheque payable to

I find your offer of £10 to be credited to the account, due to the serious administrative error of your Company an insult. I have been cause considerable hardship, due to the fact I have been mislead by your company and continued to pay for insurance that I did not need or want.

I am still awaiting information from your Company, regarding the payments taken on Statement No 5 and 19 and request that they are sent by return of post.

“ We have as requested,cancelled the cover with effect from 23.01.07” who requested this ?

“and as a gesture of goodwill I have today, credited your account the last 3 premiums charged totalling £72.93.”

As you have credited the above account by £72.93 I now require you to refund the reamining £448.52.

Park Lane

Liverpool

L72 1LQ

10th October 2007

Account No:

Thank you for your letter dated 31st August 2007 in response to my request for information regarding the Extra Care Advantage insurance that was applied to Account no.

You have stated that I accepted this insurance, and that in this acceptance I would have been supplied with a Certificate of Insurance outlining the terms and conditions and benefits this cover would provide. Also the option of cancelling this policy within 30 days should I not wish to proceed with it.

You have further stated that on checking records of the above account, you have no trace of me requesting to cancel this policy, I am interested to know if you have any evidence of me asking for this insurance cover. And if so could I please have a copy.

I have enclose a copy of your letter dated 13th June 2007 which states the following:-

Please find enclosed policy documents relating to your Extra Care Advantage purchase. Unfortunately, due to processing problems, these were not sent to you at the time of purchase. Please accept my offer of a £10 credit to your account and my sincere apologies for any confusion this administrative error may have caused.

As you have stated in your letter of 13th June. I had never been sent the insurance policy. Have never been able to read the terms and conditions of the policy and not given any cancellation rights at the time this insurance was applied to the above account. I do not recall ever being asked if I required this cover or the fact that I agreed to this at all.

I have calculated to date that your Company, has applied charges of £521.45 for Extra Care Advantage insurance. This is excluding the amounts charged on Statement No 5 and No 19. I believe this policy to be mis-sold to me and I am requesting that they be refunded to me immediately in the form of a cheque payable to

I find your offer of £10 to be credited to the account, due to the serious administrative error of your Company an insult. I have been cause considerable hardship, due to the fact I have been mislead by your company and continued to pay for insurance that I did not need or want.

I am still awaiting information from your Company, regarding the payments taken on Statement No 5 and 19 and request that they are sent by return of post.

“ We have as requested,cancelled the cover with effect from 23.01.07” who requested this ?

“and as a gesture of goodwill I have today, credited your account the last 3 premiums charged totalling £72.93.”

As you have credited the above account by £72.93 I now require you to refund the reamining £448.52.

Sorry about the delay having major problems pasting to here there is probably a much easier solution to the one I used,just couldn't figure it out:confused:

an estimate of the extra care on missing statements would be £15.00 and £28.00

Please get back to me if I have missed something out head is a bit cloudy today (well that's every day to be honest).

I am exteamly grateful for the time and help you have given me.:D

Park Lane

Liverpool

L72 1LQ

10th October 2007

Account No:

Sorry about the delay having major problems pasting to here there is probably a much easier solution to the one I used,just couldn't figure it out:confused:

an estimate of the extra care on missing statements would be £15.00 and £28.00

Please get back to me if I have missed something out head is a bit cloudy today (well that's every day to be honest).

I am exteamly grateful for the time and help you have given me.:D

Hello Mrsc

My head is continuously in the clouds. So no hope for us then

Your letter is good, simple and to the point, I would possibly ask for contracual interest though.

Which spreadsheet did you use? can you change the interest on it. Maybe work it out at 8% and then the rate they charged you so you have both figures. I do believe they will pay up. They have applied it to your account, it was not optional. They have admitted that they did not send you the t&c therefore you had no cancellation rights.

Now just remind me regarding the actual account, are you in arrears with it. Have they defaulted you on this account. Did you receive the credit agreement on the account to see what you actually agreed.?????

Can you let me know.

Hi Hellhas,

looks that way :D

Your letter is good, simple and to the point, I would possibly ask for contracual interest though. You actually helped me write it,so the credit goes to you.

Which spreadsheet did you use? can you change the interest on it. Maybe work it out at 8% and then the rate they charged you so you have both figures. I do believe they will pay up. They have applied it to your account, it was not optional. They have admitted that they did not send you the t&c therefore you had no cancellation rights.

I just used the same one as for bank charges,as try as I might I can't get the hang of the other ones so worked it out at 8%.I was never charged interest on this account.

Now just remind me regarding the actual account, are you in arrears with it. Have they defaulted you on this account. Did you receive the credit agreement on the account to see what you actually agreed.?????

Yes the account is behind with payments the current balance stands at £598.98 thats with the £72.93 already credited to the account as there GOGW.I have late payment markers on the account but no default. No credit agreement received.

I have worked out the following

PPI payments £521.45 & interest of £63.94 @ 8%

Charges £168.00 & interest of £15.21 @ 8%

Hope this helps and thanks again.

Mrs c:D

Hi Hellhas,

looks that way :D

Your letter is good, simple and to the point, I would possibly ask for contracual interest though. You actually helped me write it,so the credit goes to you. Sorry I will rephrase that statement, its a god damn masterpiece. LOL

I just used the same one as for bank charges,as try as I might I can't get the hang of the other ones so worked it out at 8%.I was never charged interest on this account. Contractual interest you charge them because it was money that they took which caused you to be out of pocket. You could have had the benefit of it if they hadn't taken it

Yes the account is behind with payments the current balance stands at £598.98 thats with the £72.93 already credited to the account as there GOGW.I have late payment markers on the account but no default. No credit agreement received. Did you sent them a ca request for it

I have worked out the following

PPI payments £521.45 & interest of £63.94 @ 8%

Charges £168.00 & interest of £15.21 @ 8% These would be more with contractual interest yea

Hope this helps and thanks again.

Mrs c:D

Hello Mrsc,

When did you make the payments, were they this year, Which one of the spreadsheet did you use from the site. If you go back onto them and click on the word advanced or excel advanced you can change the interest. If you look down to the lt hand bottom there are little tabs one is the front page you can see in front of you. Click on the charges one and type in your info. Then click on the 3rd tab which is 8%, it should have automatically worked out your 8%interest on that page. Now go up to the rt top corner click on the interest box and type in the interest rate they charged you, 13.7 or 14.9 or 24.9 or whatever. go back down to the charges tab, click on it. and then click the 8%interest tab and it should give you the interest to the nearest %.

Try that and if it does not work, pm me with the figures and I will do it for you.

Speak later

Hi Hell has,

Last payment made 7th August 2007

CCA request made to NDR 13th August 2007

they used the £1 for the CCA on 23rd August

Sorry I will rephrase that statement, its a god damn masterpiece. LOL

Your'e right there

Which one of the spreadsheet did you use from the site. If you go back onto them and click on the word advanced or excel advanced you can change the interest. If you look down to the lt hand bottom there are little tabs one is the front page you can see in front of you. Click on the charges one and type in your info. Then click on the 3rd tab which is 8%, it should have automatically worked out your 8%interest on that page. Now go up to the rt top corner click on the interest box and type in the interest rate they charged you, 13.7 or 14.9 or 24.9 or whatever. go back down to the charges tab, click on it. and then click the 8%interest tab and it should give you the interest to the nearest %.

Okay that just looks like double dutch to me but I will give it a go.:confused: :confused:

Speak to you soon.

Hi Hell has,

Last payment made 7th August 2007

CCA request made to NDR 13th August 2007

they used the £1 for the CCA on 23rd August

Sorry I will rephrase that statement, its a god damn masterpiece. LOL

Your'e right there

Which one of the spreadsheet did you use from the site. If you go back onto them and click on the word advanced or excel advanced you can change the interest. If you look down to the lt hand bottom there are little tabs one is the front page you can see in front of you. Click on the charges one and type in your info. Then click on the 3rd tab which is 8%, it should have automatically worked out your 8%interest on that page. Now go up to the rt top corner click on the interest box and type in the interest rate they charged you, 13.7 or 14.9 or 24.9 or whatever. go back down to the charges tab, click on it. and then click the 8%interest tab and it should give you the interest to the nearest %.

Okay that just looks like double dutch to me but I will give it a go.:confused: :confused:

Speak to you soon.

Hello ,

If you have problems I can always do it for you, just pm the details.

But hey I have every faith you will do it yourself.

hello hellhas,

Are you there help !!!!!!!

I have tried using the spreadsheet I think you are talking about (the complex calculation one) ??

I have entered the date, what the charges are, gone into the interest and put in 29.9% but its not adding anything up or putting interest on. I know it is me !!!!

I also copied my original one (simple bank charges) changed the 8% to 29.9 (30%) on the spreadsheet and calculated that. would that be okay.

Do I need to put in the account balance ???

God I am so confused:confused: :confused: :confused: I have even asked my daughter,who doesn't know what I am talking about.

hello hellhas,

Are you there help !!!!!!!

I have tried using the spreadsheet I think you are talking about (the complex calculation one) ??

I have entered the date, what the charges are, gone into the interest and put in 29.9% but its not adding anything up or putting interest on. I know it is me !!!!

I also copied my original one (simple bank charges) changed the 8% to 29.9 (30%) on the spreadsheet and calculated that. would that be okay.

Did the amount increase dramatically when you did this, because it is probabley correct.

Do I need to put in the account balance ???

God I am so confused:confused: :confused: :confused: I have even asked my daughter,who doesn't know what I am talking about.

You would need to give me the date and amount of every payment you made to them. If you copy and paste the figures and send them to me by pm I will have a bash for you.

Hi Hellhas,

I have pm'd you I hope it worked you have no idea how long that took me.

The interest shot up from £63.94 to £239.83 brill now I just have to do the same with the charges one ahhhhhh.:)

Hi Hellhas,

I have pm'd you I hope it worked you have no idea how long that took me.

The interest shot up from £63.94 to £239.83 brill now I just have to do the same with the charges one ahhhhhh.:)

Hello Mrsc,

Well done, you will be getting merits for your IT now:p :D

Was well worth it wasn't it.:D The next time you will much quicker:cool:

Hi Hellhas,

Only problem is i finally manage something, and don't have a blooming clue how I did it so it's back to square one again !!!!!!

It's a good job I can laugh at myself eh ? :D

and to think I thought this would be the easy one, I have many more to do.:shock: