Discussion about "A short warning thread"

meshi
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5528 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A manchester lawyer uses every trick in the book to help motorist to evade

prosecution . We all have heard of him Nick ?????

We I think we should take a leaf out of his book and use every trick and opportunity to beat banks DCA.

Would you prefer me to be a rogue debtor or a drunken driver who has crippled some one and got off with it on a technicality.

???

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think there is a major credit crash coming & the banks etc are going to get even more heavy handed & nasty than at moment as they all rush to get their money back first. If you have any assets I.e. house then they will probably call in debt after of course hiking interest rates even higher - increasing minimum payment amount at same time I.e from 2% to 5% or more (all allowed under the T's & C'x). As you struggle honorably to pay they blight your CRA & then all creditors use that as an excuse to increase their rates & minimum payments etc - then bingo they have your house off you.......

So to sum up you could borrow 10,000 at say 5% and find within a year it had gone up to 27.9% & repayment doubled but that's ok because its in the small print I.e terms & conditions. Then they ask for immediate repayment within 14 days - you can't find the money so then you're defaulted - etc etc

It's all in the small print & with agreements signed after 2006 it doesn't even matter if they miss off prescribed terms etc they've had the law changed so that the courts will still give them everything..........

Trading standards don't want to know, FOS & Information commissioner are ineffectual - oft will only deal with a mass complaints - thankfully there is CAG - but we only have a membership of 155,000 - what about the millions of what the lenders call 'sub prime' out there?? No official body will actively help them - even cab asks do you owe the money & doesn't appear to know the law.

Couple that with the proposed changes to baliffs powers etc & g-d help the ordinary person.....

Where's the morality in all that?

Rant over!

• Haha 1

You may receive different advice to your query as people have different experiences and opinions. Please use your own judgement in deciding whose advice to take.

If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional. Any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability.

If you think I have been helpful PLEASE click the scales

court bundles for dummies

It certainly is a bleak picture.

Joining this site has made me realise the importance of self preservation. Knowledge is a powerful tool. At least, with an awareness of the law, which many DCAs manage to ignore, we can render DCAs ineffective, meaning the OCs have to communicate with us directly. I am happy to pay what i owe, to the people i have borrowed money from, but will no longer respond to bullies.

As Josie says, the scary fact is there are so many others out there who don't know about CAG and are missing out on accessing a wealth of information and sometimes, more importantly, support.

• Haha 1

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

It's all in the small print & with agreements signed after 2006 it doesn't even matter if they miss off prescribed terms etc they've had the law changed so that the courts will still give them everything..........

Just a small correction, the CCA 2006 only applies in this sense to agreements signed after 6th April 2007.

You know it's also the general attitude of the whole debt collecting industry that peeves me.

My dad was paying citi at a reduced rate but he never missed his payments. Out of the blue it went to fredricksons.

Now without ever hearing his circumstances or the fact he was paying, he got really nasty letters from them. "YOU MUST PAY £XXX TODAY" "COURT ACTION" etc etc. He was like WTF? I'm paying!!

We had a hard time when my mother died, especially from Brian Carter and Capital one. For my family C1 was probably the worst.

We were thinking about going to the press but we had too much going on.

I'll break the story down.

Guy rings up asking for my mother (who had just been cremated). Insists on talking to her it's important.

My Dad "but she's dead?"

C1 "we really need to talk to her"

My dad starts getting really angry at shouts at them.

C1 "We'll send a collector to the door"

My Dad "You're going to send someone here to speak to a box of ashes then"

They then sent a letter asking for details of her estate and assets.

Next Brian Carter,

Basically got a default CCJ against me.

I begged and pleaded for them not to inforce it as I had no money (I was looking after my mum with my dad).

They tried to send bailiffs to our house knowing there was a terminally ill person at the address.

Brian carter bod on the phone "How does your mother being ill stop you owing us money?"

Now these experiences have made me fight tooth and nail with DCA's and to be honest, does it suprise you? There are many people in similar circumstances all accross the country.

I don't try to avoid my debts, but I will make damn sure I use all the current laws to my advantage, as DCA's seem to think they are above it.

This is a case where the FSA and Trading Standards should be notified with the full story to accompany it also as well do go for the Press to highlight this case and force an action out of FSA and Trading sTANDARDS to show their true colours and give you the support you most definitely need,The companies need to be exposed and shamed by the press i would also look at the Sun newspaper on the inside page they have a part Have you A Story to tell...they would have a feild day with this one it might also bring to the fore the actions of Black Hearted DCA companies and may also result in a prosecution and a dismisal of the debts ...keep us all posted..sorry to hear abought your plight and your poor mother no doubt you feel pretty helpless but you are here now and i am sure some of us will be only to willing to help you through this mess good luck

patrickq1

Nox, that's one of the worst things I've ever read. Really sorry to hear it.:-(

Also, a short while ago someone wrote that a DCA hounded her during her father's dying hours, throughout the run-up to the funeral, on the morning of the funeral and - when she explained that it was her father's funeral at 3pm that afternoon, called her on her mobile right then - at the funeral.

It horrifies me that these people can get away with what they do. :x

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)

Also, a short while ago someone wrote that a DCA hounded her during her father's dying hours, throughout the run-up to the funeral, on the morning of the funeral and - when she explained that it was her father's funeral at 3pm that afternoon, called her on her mobile right then - at the funeral.

I remember the thread, I can't remember who it was though :(

I think there is a major credit crash coming & the banks etc are going to get even more heavy handed & nasty than at moment as they all rush to get their money back first. If you have any assets I.e. house then they will probably call in debt after of course hiking interest rates even higher - increasing minimum payment amount at same time I.e from 2% to 5% or more (all allowed under the T's & C'x). As you struggle honorably to pay they blight your CRA & then all creditors use that as an excuse to increase their rates & minimum payments etc - then bingo they have your house off you.......

So to sum up you could borrow 10,000 at say 5% and find within a year it had gone up to 27.9% & repayment doubled but that's ok because its in the small print I.e terms & conditions. Then they ask for immediate repayment within 14 days - you can't find the money so then you're defaulted - etc etc

Trading standards don't want to know, FOS & Information commissioner are ineffectual - oft will only deal with a mass complaints - thankfully there is CAG - but we only have a membership of 155,000 - what about the millions of what the lenders call 'sub prime' out there?? No official body will actively help them - even cab asks do you owe the money & doesn't appear to know the law.

Couple that with the proposed changes to baliffs powers etc & g-d help the ordinary person.....

Where's the morality in all that?

Rant over!

Has there ever been a TV ad campaign for CAG? Could we all try and make one happen? What are the costs likely to be? Can Bankfodder look at this?

What sort of world do you want your kids to grow up in?

When I told one of them 'you are contributing to killing my father off.' and then asked 'do you care if he dies?' the person responding (senior position within that DCA) actually had to pause before responding 'yes'. Well I wasn't too convinced! If the funeral story and terminally ill stories are accurate it makes my blood boil. They need carting off to Broadmoor for electric shock therapy!

it can cost as much as 1000 for a twenty second add depending on what slots are available and upwards to 20000 for the likes of corrie slots and major films from what i can remember but it is simple enough to ring the tv and radio stations and ask for their advertising rates

an for regen lol i think these people have just had the electric shock treatment thats why they are so cold blooded and inhumane.they need shaming and naming to the national newspapers

It would make my year to see the looks on the faces of the DCA's if they sat down watching TV to see a CAG ad campaign in the evening. They would hate it so much! Just the thought of them going to bed that night to have CAG CCA and recorded telephone call nightmares and the like soothes me. Please can someone with CAG authority look into this and get it costed? Maybe CAG could get a minor discount? I don't think the ads would need to be very long. I'm sure current CAGers would contribute to make it happen. People would put their hands in their pockets for something like this. I know I would! Purely for example, if 1000 people chucked in £20 that's £20,000.

I think they're using psychological torment. I also think they've driven many people in debt to bankruptcy because of their tactics. When in fact, had they exercised just a few of the 'people skills' they advertise on their presentation websites, they would have saved lives.

I think they need to look to their 'collective conscience' very soon. Um...

Where is it??

PS: ECT is the proper term for electric shock treatment. It's still used sometimes for the treatment of people suffering from several kinds of mental illness. I understand your anger, but please understand that many people - including myself - might have had the treatment, or at least know someone who has. It doesn't make people cold-blooded, inhumane, or suggest that they've ever been in any kind of institution - it is a very outdated treatment but it is still in use. Sadly, I think people who've had to use their local mental health services as a consequence of DCA 'tactics', might know this only too well. :( I was a psychiatric nurse before I started writing, and before I got ill.

As for a CAG publicity campaign, I'd happily contribute! :) As Renegotiation says, there are millions of people without access to, or even knowledge of CAG. What these 'agencies' are doing to people is indefensible on just about any level. I hope something can be done to expose them.

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)

Hi All

Going back to the start of this thread, Tomterm has given sound advice based on what he knows to be true without emotional attachment, and I for one am thankful for that.

Sometimes when your personal circumstances have caused you pain it is very difficult not to be emotional and not judge the perceived source of that pain. So I understand the responses made by some others in relation to the financial industry.

I can not personally judge anyone that I have dealt with from these financial organisations as in-truth I do not know their personal circumstance and why they act as they do (although I do get caught out and judge away many times:) )

They are contributing (but not wholly responsible) to a society which is increasingly becoming separate where there is no sense of true belonging, causing angst and panic in many. This is leading to an increase in illness and more and more a drive to numb the senses and the pain, through alcohol drugs (both social and medical) and entertainment.

The financial industry's contribution has been through increasing their profits at any cost, a heartless approach to business and in my view a heartless approach to living. Paying lipservice to customer care and targetting £ does not serve anyone in the long run. Pushing the debt of an individual as far as you can has predictable consequences. We have all been at the effect of such actions.

What I am aware of is that I have three things that I can do. One is not to allow emotions to make me and my loved ones ill, as best as I can. The second is to treat everyone as a brother and sister coming from my heart when I deal with them. The third is to try to redress the imbalance with the tools available to me.

These tools, in relation to the finacial industry, at this present time is consumer sites such as this, the law used sensibly, and others who are willing to help (such as tom ... and many others of course). So it is not a matter of morales, or comeuppance (Karma is not comeuppance in it's true meaning). It is a matter of ensuring just action and behaviour from those that may otherwise not be inclined to do that.

So I will not judge anyone on either side as greedy or anything else. What I hope to do is for all whom I have a dealing with to connect to their heart, and from there to bring about change in both the financial industry and bring healing to society and my brothers and sisters in it.

Love and best wishes

MoonHawk

• Haha 1

I think it would be a good idea.

Mahatma Gandhi when asked what he thought of Western civilization

Advice & opinions of MoonHawk are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

Lloyds TSB - Unlawful charges - Settled £8,807.68

Motor Help UK - Misrepesentation Act - Settled £111.25 (Thread Here)

Next Directory court action without a CCA for £605 - Settled & account closed (Thread Here)

CABOT - Can not produce CCA and refusing to accept it - In progress

Aktiv Kapital - Can not produce CCA and also refusing to accept it - In progress

Barclaycard - Can not produce CCA for an account of £2,000. After a long fight used CPR - Settled

These tools, in relation to the finacial industry, at this present time is consumer sites such as this, the law used sensibly, and others who are willing to help (such as tom ... and many others of course). So it is not a matter of morales, or comeuppance (Karma is not comeuppance in it's true meaning). It is a matter of ensuring just action and behaviour from those that may otherwise not be inclined to do that.

So I will not judge anyone on either side as greedy or anything else. What I hope to do is for all whom I have a dealing with to connect to their heart, and from there to bring about change in both the financial industry and bring healing to society and my brothers and sisters in it.

Love and best wishes

MoonHawk

That right there is spot on.

Halifax 'last straw' for suicide dad | This is Money

sadly debt is a serious social issue and we live in a consumerist society, we are taught from word go that success equals ownership?

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoonHawk viewpost.gif

Love and best wishes

MoonHawk

So you 'hope' to connect to the hearts of the DCA's then mate? Alrighty. I wish you luck. In my opinion they only understand the stick. Hit them with a stick enough times in the same place it may work. Otherwise, there is no hope.

P.S. If, in future, you find you have 12 guys following you around watch out for the one that looks like he may work for a DCA.

Halifax 'last straw' for suicide dad | This is Money

sadly debt is a serious social issue and we live in a consumerist society, we are taught from word go that success equals ownership?

Yes, from personal experience with Halifax that story doesn't surprise me at all. I have had a few 'problems' with them. I will briefly outline just one. My dad was a little behind on his credit card payments. The balance was roughly £1000. They took the money straight out of his bank account. This caused a cheque to bounce. They then charged him for the bounced cheque! Ha ha ha. Wait, it gets even funnier. They then removed the charge as a gesture of good will, as he hadn't had any problems before on his bank account. However, not only was my father not informed that they had taken the money from his bank account in the first place, he wasn't informed of the cheque bouncing either. The company he wrote the cheque to presented the cheque again and it bounced again. They then charged him again and this time the charge stood. All without him hearing anything on the phone or having anything through in the post! This story is 100% accurate. I was involved in phoning Halifax up after it all happened and they acknowledged no wrongdoing whatsoever. In fact they were very righteous about the whole affair! ***In the end*** I just told them to **** off. I am just stunned that with all the phone calls and letters they seem to manage that my father couldn't have got 1 phone call or letter through about this incident. Absolutely disgusting.

So you 'hope' to connect to the hearts of the DCA's then mate? Alrighty. I wish you luck.

Not just them but everyone that I meet. That can only be done if I am connected to my own own heart (true essence of who I am). If I wish to change the world around me, I must first change what is inside. This is Ancient Wisdom taught throughout the ages by Zoraster, Imhotep, Buddha, Pythagoras, Jesus, Muhammad, Alice A. Bailey, Helena P. Blavatsky and many many others. We just do not listen to our hearts and act with a heartless mind.

In my opinion they only understand the stick. Hit them with a stick enough times in the same place it may work. Otherwise, there is no hope.
If that is the way you truly feel then fair enough. In-truth that is no different from their way of being and nothing will change. Ever.

P.S. If, in future, you find you have 12 guys following you around watch out for the one that looks like he may work for a DCA.
LMAO :D I'll bear that in mind :)

Love and Best Wishes

MoonHawk

Advice & opinions of MoonHawk are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

Next Directory court action without a CCA for £605 - Settled & account closed (Thread Here)

Aktiv Kapital - Can not produce CCA and also refusing to accept it - In progress

Barclaycard - Can not produce CCA for an account of £2,000. After a long fight used CPR - Settled

It start much earlier than that when as a child we are taught to identify with what is outside instead of feeling loved for who we truly are. So we seek approval/identification from what is external ... being faster, better, richer etc etc. When we are all the same in essence.

Yes, from personal experience with Halifax that story doesn't surprise me at all. I have had a few 'problems' with them..... Absolutely disgusting.
A very harsh thing to experience. I can not say that I would be best pleased either.

Love and Best Wishes

MoonHawk

Good luck mate. I am idealistic too believe it or not. I just think your methods wouldn't help much in this scenario. A long term wholesale societal change maybe. You can't always fight fair against those that don't. Health and houses must come first. You can finish off this exchange if you like. I think our positions are both clear enough. Life would be boring if everyone agreed anyway. :-0

I like your post very much and took the quote above in particular, as it sums up the way things should be, but of course the reality is very different indeed.

Banks are driven by a motivation for profit and dominance in the financial sector. They do this at the expense of their customers, ordinary people, and very quickly pass debts to DCAs who exist purely to bully people who are experiencing difficulty. DCA employees and phone staff in particular are 'trained' or indoctrinated to believe the person on the other end of the phone is a dodger,.. a thief,... someone who is deliberately trying to shirk their responsibilities at the expense of everyone else. Probably 99% of the people they call are in fact very ordinary people who are already paying in some capacity, but are experiencing personal difficulties for a myriad of different reasons.

Let's not lose sight of the fact these DCA companies aim only to profit from the misfortune of others. They do not target fraudsters that is the job of the police, DCA's exist purely to bully ordinary people on behalf of banks and financial institutions. Their sole purpose is to bully, threaten and harass people day and night for money. They do not respond to common sense or logic, because they believe you are a liar, and a thief.

When you get into difficulty nowadays the bank will spot an opportunity to make money, or if the situation looks serious enough, it will act ruthlessly to recoup as much money as possible. Therefore, if you want to survive you will have to be prepared to "do unto them, before they get the chance to do it unto you". A friendly chat with your local branch is a thing of the past, although some will go through the motions at the very moment they are passing your account to the financial version of SS Totenkopf, but then they are only following orders. Sympathy and understanding died along with 'Customer Service', and the only way to connect to the heart of a bank now is with an obsidian blade in the thoracic cavity....preferably during the autumnal equinox.

HOIST BY THEIR OWN PETARD.

Blimey it works....:-)

I like your post very much and took the quote above in particular, as it sums up the way things should be, but of course the reality is very different indeed.

Banks are driven by a motivation for profit and dominance in the financial sector. They do this at the expense of their customers, ordinary people, and very quickly pass debts to DCAs who exist purely to bully people who are experiencing difficulty. DCA employees and phone staff in particular are 'trained' or indoctrinated to believe the person on the other end of the phone is a dodger,.. a thief,... someone who is deliberately trying to shirk their responsibilities at the expense of everyone else. Probably 99% of the people they call are in fact very ordinary people who are already paying in some capacity, but are experiencing personal difficulties for a myriad of different reasons.

Let's not lose sight of the fact these DCA companies aim only to profit from the misfortune of others. They do not target fraudsters that is the job of the police, DCA's exist purely to bully ordinary people on behalf of banks and financial institutions. Their sole purpose is to bully, threaten and harass people day and night for money. They do not respond to common sense or logic, because they believe you are a liar, and a thief.

When you get into difficulty nowadays the bank will spot an opportunity to make money, or if the situation looks serious enough, it will act ruthlessly to recoup as much money as possible. Therefore, if you want to survive you will have to be prepared to "do unto them, before they get the chance to do it unto you". A friendly chat with your local branch is a thing of the past, although some will go through the motions at the very moment they are passing your account to the financial version of SS Totenkopf, but then they are only following orders. Sympathy and understanding died along with 'Customer Service', and the only way to connect to the heart of a bank now is with an obsidian blade in the thoracic cavity....preferably during the autumnal equinox.

Yes, very well put. And the insanity of it all is that the banks themselves are the ones that invariably tip you over the edge with their daisy chain charges. I will give another example of bank stupidity. My mum has never missed a payment on her credit card or been late. She usually pays most or all of her balance each month. Not that she has a large credit limit. Just a few hundred pounds. However, if she does exceed her credit limit in a given month it now seems to go to straight to collections before she even gets a chance to pay it when her statement comes! Then, the phone calls start. Now this wasn't the case even a year ago with this particualr card. I might understand it if you even missed 1 payment. But that just seems like lunacy to me.

Good luck mate. I am idealistic too believe it or not. I just think your methods wouldn't help much in this scenario. A long term wholesale societal change maybe. You can't always fight fair against those that don't. Health and houses must come first. You can finish off this exchange if you like. I think our positions are both clear enough. Life would be boring if everyone agreed anyway. :-0

I am not certain that I know in what context you are using the word idealistic, as i would not call myself one from my definition of the word. Idealism is based upon belief and is a pure product of the mind and a pursuit of looking outside of yourself. I am more interested in what impulses the thoughts I have, is it my heart or something else. A heartless mind is a dangerous thing and is why we can have a brilliant mind create medicine to save lives and a brilliant mind create chemical weapons that take lives.

I certainly agree with you that health is important, which is why I have said what I have said. Allowing what is outside dictate feelings will cause illness. Emotions cause disharmony within the body and cause disease (dis-ease). I am not saying not to do what is necessary to accomplish what you need, otherwise I would be a monk meditating all hours of the day in a monestary somewhere. What I say is that to live fully, do everything but come from your heart when you do so. If you must beat someone with a stick do it lovingly and from the heart :D;)

Thank you.

Reality is what we have made. I am not saying that there is not injustice pain and suffering. What i am saying is I will not allow the way things are to dictate how I am. I have a choice to walk this earth as a soulful being or a body dictated by a heartless mind. I am not judging and calling anyone heartless here, but everyone, including me, allows at times what is outside to disconnect us from our essence and behave in a way which is not us.

I do not belive for one minute that renegotiation or dannyboy660, connected to their heart would actually beat someone with a stick, but one of them disconnected from their heart might.

Sympathy and understanding died along with 'Customer Service', and the only way to connect to the heart of a bank now is with an obsidian blade in the thoracic cavity....preferably during the autumnal equinox.
A bank does not have a heart, but those who work within it do. You can not make someone connect to their heart. What you can do is be connected to yours when dealing with them and you will inspire some to connect to theirs, maybe not there and then but maybe later.

Man stands midway between heaven and earth, with his feet deep in the mud of material life and his head in heaven. In the majority of cases his eyes are closed, and he sees not the beauty of the heavenly vision, or they are open but fixed upon the mud and slime with which his feet are covered. But when his open eyes are lifted for a brief moment, and see the world of reality and of spiritual values, then the torn and distracted life of the aspirant begins. Alice A. Bailey

Love and Best Wishes

Moonhawk

not a lot of people really know about this site, and i for 1 would give 20 pound towards a tv ad. ive helped friends with the basic letters etc, still trying to sort my own out, but a tv ad would help the country as a whole, as theres millions of people who will own a pc(or like me has a kid with one) yet will be paying dcas etc without knowing the facts how to put the alleged debt in dispute if charges are on etc.

this is me,pledging 20 pound :D