The Allan's V The Nationwide

Paul65
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6438 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Letter requesting my charges statement sent to the bank on 6th June 2006, still waiting on a reply.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but rather the size of the fight in the dog..:D

MBNA SETTLED IN FULL £216.00

Preffered Mortgages Ltd MCOL going in for £3.5K

Nationwide £702.00, SETTLED IN FULL.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 years ago i signed a trust deed, and in doing so was advised to close my current bank account and open a new one with another bank, which i did, i had a loan ongoing with the first bank which was taken into the trust deed. my question is this, can i ask for my charges back from bank number one as im still within the 6 years period ?

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but rather the size of the fight in the dog..:D

Yip i fully expect them to drag it out. i'm in for the FULL duration though :)

got a letter today asking me to send £10 if i want full duplicate statements, i sent a reply stating i didnt ask for full statements and wish only a record of all charges.

ongoing.

• 1 month later...

40 days have past now and still no statements, so i called yesterday to be told that Sam Ormans had left the company and they had not received my letter requesting my statements for the fee of £5 to be taken by DD as per my branch manageresses instruction.

spoke to Catherine Barford and sent a copy of the letter by email to her requesting confirmation upon receit, never got that so i've called back again today and am just waiting on her return call.

Ok. I think you have got a bit confused here.

Nationwide charge you £5 PER STATEMENT.

You needed to send £10 for a full DPA request - Nationwide won't just give you a list of your charges, they send you the whole lot of statements and you have to go through them yourself. They don't make things easy when they know why you want them.

Without the DPA request they have no legal obligations to send the statements to you within 40 days.

I suggest that unless you want to pay £5 per statement, you send off your £10 with the template letter and start the waiting process again.

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

** Nationwide - £1821.15-PAID IN FULL - Aug 06 **

** Halifax Mortgage -£390 - PAID IN FULL - Nov 06 **

Lloyds TSB - MCOL issued 09/03/07 - £2953 + costs - ON HOLD....

yer i understand that now, thanks for the reply, all is in hand now and i'll update asap.

Great stuff....hopefully you'll be on your way to getting it back soon :)

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

spoke to cathrine today and i have to send off £10 as per Dollys advice, fingers crossed, i must say though this catherine barford has been totally upfront and very nice to deal with. statements on the way, thanks again dolly.

No problems, you'll get them no doubt this time and then you can get that money back :) Have you any idea how much you are looking at claiming?

i estimate about £700 ish

request for payment will be sent 31st of july for total of £817.56 which includes 8% intrest. :)

Paul ,

You cannot request the interest until you reach the stage of submitting a court claim.Suggest you have a look at at the step by step instructions

Regards

charlie

Nationwide Total settlement for first claim £810.92 (Charges £570.00) total charges £2579.00 (Another 4 claims to make)

Tesco personal Finance -NO penalty charges see post end thread

Egg DPA complaint sent to ICO see thread

Egg also trying to get defaults removed

Abbey National/MBNA credit Card - Eventually settled in FULL:)

Citibank Preliminary sent 19/08/06

MBNA DPA sent 30/07/06

Mrs CharlieHo v Providian DPA sent 30/07/06

MORE TO FOLLOW

Advice & opinions of CharlieHo are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

Paul, have you got your statements already???!

Charlie thanks for that, amended the letter, dolly i found out i can view all my statements online and have now calculated the amount. no need for statements now.

quck question, i was gonna send the request for payment letter to the contact in the data protection team, is there a more appropriate place to send it?

You could send it straight to Charles Bacon at the Pipers Way, Swindon address. To be honest it doesn't really matter, you could send it to your branch if you wanted, but as he is the one that is going to be paying you, you might as well prepare him :lol:

was wondering also, can a file an online money claim even in scotland, or do i need to go through the scottish proccess.

PS i noticed on your sig you have claims going into your mortgage companies, can i file with them just the same way as i do with the banks ?

Thanks again in advance dolly.

You do have to go through the Scottish System and be aware that the limit is only £750 (I think that is right, brain dead tonight), otherwise it will not be classed as small claims, so you might have to break your claim down into two parts.

As for the mortages, yes, just the same. The Halifax one is for 2 lots of arrears (yes, £390 for 2 lots of arrears) and the other is an Early Redemption Charge which is, as yet outcome unknown, but there are a few of us trying it at the moment to see what reaction we get.

roger ty again dolly

email sent to local MP reads as follows :) hehe he's my ex maths teacher :).

Hi John

An ex St Pats pupil of yours here, oh god how i remember that leather belt :) anyway i would like to bring to your attention the current ceiling limit in the scottish law which stats that limit to be £750 in a small claims court, whereas our counterparts in England & Whales enjoy a ceiling of £5000. let me past an article i have just read.

Research carried out by Which? shows Scots are demanding the same rights of redress as their counterparts in England and Wales.

At the moment, a ceiling of £750 prevents Scots from defending their rights against suppliers of shoddy goods and services above this limit. The limit has remained 'frozen' for 15 years and is in serious and urgent need of updating.

Scottish consumers are often therefore effectively prevented from pursuing their rights, as the Small claims system is the only inexpensive method of protecting consumer rights through the civil courts.

The lack of consumer redress in Scotland has resulted in a charter for dodgy goods and shoddy services, which is leaving many Scots powerless to protect their consumer rights.

At a briefing on 2 March 2004, hosted by Member of the Scottish Parliament Mike Pringles, we called on the Executive to provide consumers with the same civil rights of redress as their counterparts in England and Wales, where the limit is already £5,000.

An audience of MSPs, journalists and stakeholders heard that three quarters of Scots (74%) believe that the upper limit of of £750 is too low and should be raised, at least to £5,000, in line with England and Wales . And nearly two thirds (65%) also said they would be more likely to use the Small Claims system if the upper limit was above £750.

Labour Member of the Scottish Parliament (MSP) John Home Scott has lodged a motion calling for the increase to £5,000, which has gathered 32 supporting signatures from other MSPs. This will hopefully soon result in a Private Members' Debate in the Scottish Parliament on raising the small claims limit.

I would be very greatful if you could look into this for me as my MP, as it is quite obvious that we are not in line with the current legislation in the rest of the country, as it stands now if i wished to take a copmany to the small claims court for talking sake £1500 i would have to file 2 claims. this seems crazy to me and a complete waste of resources and man power.

I look forward to your reply.

Kind Regards

Mr Paul Allan

no reply to this,

Another question if someone could clear this up for me.

Intrest rates to charge

I see some claiments are claiming contractural intrest quoting 20% and so on.

whats the difference between judicial intrest & contractural intrest. and can i claim the higher of the 2 ?