***Have you been a victim of time wasting? Please let me know!!***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6109 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Brian and Co playing funny bu**ers.

What's new?

Els

BANK CHARGES CAMPAIGN CONTINUES - PLEASE SIGN THIS PETITION

Aktiv Kapital £300.00 SETTLED IN FULL

Capital One £741.47 SETTLED IN FULL

Citi Cards £1221.00 SETTLED IN FULL

LTSB(personal) £3854.28 SETTLED IN FULL

LTSB(business) £7487.97 SETTLED IN FULL

What poor education I have received has been gained in the University of Life

Dirty tactic, if that cheque gets cashed your claim is over because of the wording in the letter.

Brian and Co playing funny bu**ers.

yeah I know - but im gonna give them the benefit of the doubt , maybe they are so busy that it was just a genuine mistake :D - we'll see - if not they will have their cheque back at the end of the week:)Im not worried about taking this to court now - im quite looking forward to bringing all this up and asking them to explain their actions.

Megan, its a tactic... as know someone else who it happened to. They cashed the cheque and found out later that due to the wording their claim was well and truely over.

Advice offered by ENRON is without prejudice and is for your judgement as to whether to take it. You should seek the assistance or hire of a solicitor or other paid professional if in doubt.

Enron Do want all my notes re the problems I have had or do you already have them. I got a letter yesterday with a cheque for £ 323.76 " in full and final settlement of your claim. This including your earlier refund of £260.00 brings your total refunded to £ 583.76." The only thing after going through all the paperwork I cannot see any refund of £ 260.00 and of course that letter was dated 15th Aug. when the deadline for payment was 14th and I had already started the motion of se nding in the bailiffs. Of course there is no telephone or fax number on the letter so I will have to write.:mad: :mad: let me know if you need aLL thedates etc.

Will PM you.

Advice offered by ENRON is without prejudice and is for your judgement as to whether to take it. You should seek the assistance or hire of a solicitor or other paid professional if in doubt.

yeah I know - but im gonna give them the benefit of the doubt , maybe they are so busy that it was just a genuine mistake :D - we'll see - if not they will have their cheque back at the end of the week:)Im not worried about taking this to court now - im quite looking forward to bringing all this up and asking them to explain their actions.

It was a mistake alright - brian says that they got mixed up - the cheque should have been sent to another person wiyth the same name as my hubby and would we send it back please:eek: and hubby is still going to court - they are defending still:)

Citi tactic, seen it happen before.

It might be interesting to have a list of times etc from everyone who has been screwed by CITI so that anyone going to court can show the judge that CITI have a habit of wasting court time etc. The the judge will know it is not only the person in front of him or her who is claiming the wastage of time. Hope this makes sense!

Each claim is judged on it's own individual merits.

However it wouldnt harm to potentially submit something in advance of a hearing, i'll have a word with gizmo.

Guest amethystdragon

I been having fun and games with Citi who are complete and utter bankers

Firstly, they sent us a cheque for for difference between £12 and the charges way way back in November, told them that wasn't good enough pursuing for the rest

Put a claim in against them to court which clearly demonstrated the refund was taken off the outstanding balance, it was never defended and we got Judgement in Default.

Prior to receiving the judgement in default we received a cheque for £625 from them as full and final settlement - with a copy going to the court. Wrote back to them (again copied to the court) saying thank you but you've obviously made a mistake - you owe us more money for full and final settlement.

Received another letter back from them - very threatening in nature and full of inaccuracies including the amount of money refunded!!! asking for all the money they'd sent us back because they were going to defend it in court - However between that letter arriving and me writing back to them we received the judgement in default

Wrote back to them saying that their tactics were not going to work, that it was obvious that this was intimidation as a copy of the letter had not been sent to the court and that if they were going to send letters of that nature it would have a much better effect if the facts contained in them were actually accurate that as judgement in default had been received and that the matter would not be closed until the full amount had been received - I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall when that letter was read.

Then about a week latter received another cheque for half the outstanding amount, they again including the GOGW payment in the court award - which it never ever was - so I've written back to them again saying that I'm sick of their childish behaviour and that if they don't send us a cheque for the remaining balance of £173 I will have no alternative but to take further action i.e send in the bailif

So far we haven't had a reply to that one - I'm waiting until the end of August and then will go back to the court for the next step.

I'm well aware that its all a game and delaying tactics - must admit though I'm enjoying writing really snotty letters to them - It feels very empowering to be on the high ground for once.

Welcome to the circus that can be putting up a claim against Citi.

Of course they are going to make it an unpleasant task as possible as they have orders from up on high.

The wrong amounts on the cheque never seem to be more than they should be, strange that.

Its a tactic to send you a cheque, then if you cash it your claim is over because of the wording in the letter.

Guest amethystdragon

The wording in the letter was very very poor and the letters sent in response have been consistent - How much is owed and when payment has been received - I realise they are playing games but this is one they are not going to win

Had a word with a few people.

General concensus is that despite Citi's tactics can be annoying it's better to concentrate on the glaring holes in the defendants defence - and put the spotlight on those - rather than get bogged down in peripheral matters.

The fact that Citi aren't complying with any orders relating to revealing a breakdown of their costs is a BIG thing. Therefore we must try to get the draft order adopted for as many people as possible.

Once people are at the AQ stage, contact me for an approach that might make this more likely.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know if you are still wanting notes on CITI time wasting. I am just about to file a suit for time wasting and it has taken my hours getting things ready. Here is the list or whatever.

10th.Nov.06. lba letter sent.

23rd. Nov summons sent recdy dely.

hearing date 12/1/07 Won by default caseSA570/06

12/1/07 decree granted

12/2Extract for Payment sent rec. dely. to Sunderland office ( where all payments had been made) no reply

15/3/07Sheriff officers sent charge for payment to Dundee office

19/3/07 Letter sent to Perth Sheriff Court from D. Travis. Stating CITI had never received original claim ( I have all the signed receipts for rec. dely.)Court issued new call date for 13th.April.

13TH April at court continued for two weeks for defence

4th.May at court no defence Sheriff ordained D. Travis to attend court on 11th.May

8th May D. Travis sent letter to court stating that it was uneconomic for him to attend Perth Sheriff Court requesting decree to be recalled so that his client could defend this claim.

11th.May court allowed defender 14 days to lodge written defence and assigned hearing for 29th. Jume ( I had to go into hospital for major surgery and did not know when I would be out)

24th. May defence arrived took several hours work before court

29th June at court no one from CITI there so won by default

29th June decree granted

Extract for payment issued 16th. July

1st Aug. sheriff officers delivered " Debt Advice" to CITI Falkirk ( Dundee office now closed)

15th Aug. received cheque in full payment:D :D :D So now I start my case any ideas?