Please Help

rosey-789
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5918 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

You complete the address box with the Lloyd's Gresham Street address.

Yes you fill in the 'Amount claimed', you will get the 'Court fee' from here (unless you are subject to exemption or remission), Solicitor's cost are nil and then calculate the 'Total amount'.

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Rosey.

Presumably the letter was from the court in response to your filing a claim recently. If so, then yes, it looks like your case has been stayed.

You could make an application to have the stay lifted, but it would be unlikely to be successful as LTSB would contest it.

Even if your claim had not been stayed, a listing for hearing would probably be in the new year anyway, possibly after the test case.

You have the consolation of knowing that your claim is in the pipeline and will therefore be dealt as soon as the stay is lifted.

Els:)

• 4 weeks later...

The link I quoted is for the established fee-paying mediation scheme.

What you have been offered is a new and relatively untried service which is available to claimants in the Small Claims Court. It’s optional, so you are under no obligation to choose this route.

Both parties have to agree for it to be adopted and it’s unlikely that LTSB will agree! You could, of course apply for mediation for that very reason. LTSB would decline and the judge might thus see them in a worse light. You would then proceed with your claim as normal.

Or you can decline, stating that, as you have been attempting to engage in meaningful dialogue with the defendant for many weeks, without success, mediation is unlikely to be beneficial.

Els

• 1 month later...

Hi again.

Sorry to come back and bother you all again, hope you don't mind :)

I need some advice on what lloydstsb have now told me.

I am still paying this money back to them at £5 a month which has been in force for a good while now with the collections part...I have received a letter about this arrangement only to be told by them that they only do short term collections and they can't help me with an arrangement anymore and that next month it will be sent to their other collections department that will be wanting more money from me as £5 a month is no good...they have also told me that they are closing my bank account down next month.

I told them i can only pay the £5 i have been paying and can afford no more than that being on income support but they won't have it. i am desperate now as this is really worrying me as to what i can do now. i've ended up having a panic attack as i'm so scared that they'll be adding more and more money on to the account and end up with debt collectors.

Would my trying to claim this money back and trying meditation through the courts have anything to do with this happening.

Yes thats right sorry.

The women also said to my partner who's account it is that they wouldn't be able to entertain us on the £5 a month agreement anymore unless one of us finds a job. this is an awful thing to say as my partner is on permanant sick due to bad health and heart problems.

The women also said to my partner who's account it is that they wouldn't be able to entertain us on the £5 a month agreement anymore unless one of us finds a job

And totally illogical (or believeable). You haven't got a job and £5 is unacceptable, but get a job and we'll continue with the arrangement!!