Just a thought what do you think

paulson1985
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6154 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been racking my brains all day to try and think of a way all this OFT and claims can be overcome and I have had a thought.

We all know that Barclays never send there court bundles in.

Did the judge in your cases make an order for them to do so?

Have you written to the court and told the judge they have not complied?

If so, as soon as you walk into court, once the introductions are over immediately ask for there defence to be struck out for non compliance.

Whether the judge will allow this I have no idea, but it is the only thing I can think of.

But if he does you will get your money.

Do not tell Barclays barrister that you intend to do this because he will immediatly ask for a stay before you have a chance to speak.

As the claimant the judge should allow you to speak first.

I hope this helps

Good Luck

i had exactly the same thought which i plan to carry out, see my thread below

Yes Barclays have clammed up. It appears we are all in the same boat ie without the paddle of experiences shared to steer along our individual paths.. no one has been here and so we're all p**sed off.

I had Mr Quinn promising an email from Monday onwards, my court date is 8th august but I am away from tomorrow,emma thompson re-iterated Quinns promise when it was only her who would pick up the phone.

I'm gutted!!!!!!!!!! So I rang customer relations who have honoured my initial settlement figure (SORRY DAR£IN TO CONTRADICT YOU WHEN YOU SAID " They will NOT honour their offer if you intend to continue! in a nother thread) because they have (it was for 1495 against a claim of 1605). I lose interest and £120 court costs but i am confident of claiming that back from MCOL.

I have also rung the court who have no directions to halt existing hearings, Barc lays have not filed bundle and I have so i will cancel previous settlement on Tuesday after weighing up court update with the 1495 to fall back on...think everyone and weigh it up based on your own circs.

im still in the running and lets face it who even thought about 8 or 37% interest, we just wanted the dosh back....ps DAR£in no offence mate your contributions have been inspirational but we would all do well to not get carried away with the tide if success on here previously and think of ourselves..and I should know I ve been victim of the cant lose school of thought myself!

Hi. In a word yes.

Barclays failed to submit their bundle on time or file legal arguments as dirrected for my case in Oxford and without any prompting from me the Judge has stuck out their defence! I have received an order from the court saying that I can apply for judgement by default. This was dated 20th July so I have gone for it. Guess I may be caught by the general stay be we will see

Bicester1

Bicester1

MBNA WON £623

:)

GM Card Won £580

Nat West CC Won £525.08

Nat West Bank Won £2346.60:)

Lloyds PPI LBA

Barclaycard defence received. Trial date 30th July. Barclays missed deadline for servicing and filing of their bundle! Going to try for strikeout or summary disposal

HBOS about to issue N1

LLoys Bank LBA

I am not a lawyer. Get trained professional advice if unsure of your legal position. If my advice is helpful please tip my scales!

Clubber,

Do not cancel your settlement, get what they have offered safety in your hands.

Go to court as you have planned and explain what has happened, if your money does not arrive or you have not had any confirmation in writing from Bar clays I would immediately go for a non compliance when you land in court and then explain to the judge that they have agreed to settle for £x and you have not received it.

It is just my advice, I just dont trust Barclays especially Mr Quinn.

On Wednesday my friend was in court with Barclays, she had not heard a word from them in 6 months no court bundle nothing.

On Tuesday she had a phone call, they said they would settle but only if she agreed to cancel the court, she refused to cancel, and they did not settle, she went to court and the barrister agreed to settle in court.

The point is this, it all becomes clear now, Barclays new what was going to happen, on Thursday if she had cancelled the court , she would have been up the creek without a paddle.

Remember they dont play fair you need to out fox them.

I wish you all the best of luck

Hi Bicester

The Stay is for claims under consideration; judgement has been made in your case for the Defendant's non-compliance.

The judge would be wholly out of order to rescind an Order and allow parties to flout the law. No, get the judgement enforced, full stop, no compromise or further time allowed :)

3 Active Claims:

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Sole account) - Applied to lift court ordered Stay

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) - Awaiting court date

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) Pre-6 yrs- LBA sent.

3 Wins :

Barclays t/a The Woolwich (Data Protection Act breach costs & compliance)

HSBC (on behalf of brother)

Settled Out of Court - £3,874.76

Alliance & Leicester (on behalf of friend)

Settled Out of Court - £723.41