You Advice Please With Shared Ownership

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6174 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

First forgive me if this is in the wrong section of the forum, to be honest i doubt its the right subject for this place, but the advice i have recieved from here and been excellent, so i thought id pick your brains again!!

Ok, this is the story.

Myself and my girlfriend has been looking into a shared ownership scheme for a few months, we went to look at some flats on tuesday and fell in love with a 1 bedroom appartment. We paid a £250 holding fee and are just waiting for them to get in touch with us to start the application process. This is where the problems lies.

While looking over the company's website the other night i noted that they would not accept anyone with bad credit history, well my history is not great to say the lease, i have 4 defaults on by file totaling nearly £5000, though one is for only £30!! bloodly old phone contract i knew nothing about. But my girlfriends history is excellent!

What we where thinking was for her to apply for a loan to pay off my defaults and her personal loan, therefore meaning we would have only one payment a month, though it would only be in her name.

The thing is we have already been accepted for a mortgage to pay the share of the house we want, and can easily pay the mortgage and rent that they would want, as we currently rent for pretty much the same total now.

But i think we should be up front with the company, tell them the plan to pay of my defaults and hope that they see sense!! My girlfriend thinks we should just go though the process and see what happens?!?!

HSBC CLAIM

Won £1473

You cannot "pay off" defaults... these are entered by Credit Reference Agencies, but I understand what you say... you want to pay what you owe and get the defaults removed and the accounts "satisfied".

I would be inclined to agree with your lady here.... and not go looking for problems before they arise. If you've already been accepted for a mortgage as you say, then I don't see that you will have a problem because that should be all that they're interested in.

:)