Lloyds TSB Andover Recovery Centre. - Success

kits1893
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6141 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi muggy,

You said that so much more eloquently than I could! :-D

Fzrkitten.

Don't do yourself down fzrkitten, you seem eloquent enough to me!:)

By the way, have you written to your MP yet. If not this thread might be of interest.

Cheers.

Muggy.

LTSB £9,356 settled in full through the FOS

SIGN the petition to make banks deal with charges

COMPLAIN to your MP about the FSA waiver and the ANTI-CONSUMER way in which the OFT

Test Case is being handled.

£250 in one month, at the charges as they were a few years ago would have been what? 10 - 15 charges? Halifax charged £35 per charge back then

In ONE MONTH??? It only takes 7 DDI'd bouncing to do this which for the record is what happened

with never a charge before and a genuine mistake?? come on!?! are you starting on me, Whats with the Come on!?! its comments like this that get my back up, it makes me so angry that people like you cannot see that no matter the reason behind the charges, Charges seriously cause personal damage and stress.......comments like yours are very unhelpful you could at the very least try to be a bit sympathetic to others circumstances. I may well have had the odd charge before then, when i incurred this maney, yes it was my own fault yes i did mess up but so what, the charges were still to high

What I understand is that for whatever reason and whoever is at fault, I no longer have a £10 buffer zone on my account,

So basically the reason that you are so defencesive is because yuou are bitter that you no longer have a £10 buffer, halifax have never ever given me a buffer

I will be charged each time I use a cash point and will be charged for direct debits as standered Says who - this is purley speculation in the media at the moment can you provide a statement from your bank the this is 100% and an implementation date??? my bank is not doing that maybe you should switch.

Not only that, but since I started the claim I have earnt several times more than my claim was for anyway, and have spent the £750 on.... erm... well nothing really. What has that got to do with anything, My money helped me get out of debt, you obviously dont need the money and that is your point, i did which is why i went to court.

If there was no borrowing facility from the banks in the first place then your payments wouldn't have been made and you'd be arguing with whoever it was that you owed. I have never had an overdraft.......... so where did this come from, i have only been charged for bounced direct debits and standing orders so you next bit doesnt make sense

you are also assuming that i have argued with the banks.

Try talking a car credit company to court for charging after a vehicle has been reposesed, see how far you get!

I dont drive and have never owned a car

I'm baffled from what you claim Kits. To get that much help from the banks these days is unheard of.

Ive been with the TSB for 30odd years and have had times in my life when circumstances have put me financially short even though I'm not lowly paid.

Not since the mid 80S have the bank ever given me any assistance but when i needed it in the S through redundancy they were great but not since then. Then they continued to pay my reduced mortgage and life's necessities like gas and electric on the promise that it would be put right when i was back in work. When i was back in work which took 2 months they managed my account completely and i went into the bank every Friday and they allowed me a set sum to live on for the week, the rest was to get my account back in order.

How things have changed.

Early 80S i got divorced and was hit with £100 a week to the CSA taken direct from my wage then the bank started, £20 here and there on a regular basis even though I was in regular contact with them so I stood it.

Once i got straight again they tried throwing money at me offering loans, overdrafts and credit cards at me.

A few years ago my situation changed again and i ended up setting up home from scratch again in my late 40S, this is where i found how vindictive the bank has got against customers.

Firstly i went to the branch and asked for a loan only to be told i was a bad risk so no, this after so long being with them, the reason given is that i hadn't been at my current address long enough. Now excuse me for this but from getting married when i was 21 I have always been with the TSB, had purchased 3 houses, got divorced and cohabited for 13 years at the same address so how does this make me a bad risk. I have 1 defaulted account from a mobile phone that was paid as soon as i found out about it.

Now setting up home doesn't come cheaply and at the time was just about managing but unfortunately I missed the date that a DD was going out and got hit by charges, The following month it got compounded due to the charge until eventually there were probably more Charges than the cost of DDs.

When they take more than a third of your weekly wage in charges and you are living week to week is it any wonder that it spirals out of control. Fortunately in my case i was eventually able to get back on the straight and narrow but with no help at all from the bank.

At one time there was a £13 DD due to go out on a Thursday and I get paid on Friday so I called them to ask them for a temporary £13 overdraft to cover it. They promised that they wouldn't need to do that as they could monitor my account and pay it to stop the charges. Guess what. On the Tuesday I got the letter, (there wasn't enough in your account so we couldn't pay it. Thank very much thats £35 you owe us)

Like people have said on here, its circumstances that put you in the situation.

Loyalty has gone completely through the window with these people until you hit them where it hurts. I stopped using the account and within a few weeks of my wages not going in and all the DDs getting canceled they were on the phone to me asking if there was a problem and why i had stopped banking there, thats even with the prelim and LBA that they received.

I missed a couple of monthly debit card payments one for £14.99 and one for £9.99 that they honored but with the letter I got charged £35 for each so I canceled them for the following month and thought i would see what they do for the next 3 months. It ended up at £210 for the privilege of them paying out £20 of which i paid into the account the day after their letter so that makes £70 payment fee with £35 Unauthorized O/D charge the first month then 3 X £35 Unauthorized O/D for the next 3 months which was solely due to charges. Now tell me the charges are fair and transparent as they claim.

You must be fortunate with the help they have given you as all that i speak to regarding this issue get no help from them at all unless you have money there in the first place and in that situation you don't need it,

You must be fortunate with the help they have given you

Not fortunate at all - he has paid for everything he gets from LTSB by settling his claim so cheaply! Of course they will be nice to him - he is currently a very profitable customer for them - and that is all that they are worried about

think thats slightly harsh, without these websites and the advice they give u wouldnt of got back your 750 quid

Yes I would.

Came on this site after recieving it. Read the first post. Got my info from BBC website.

Yes I would.

Came on this site after recieving it. Read the first post. Got my info from BBC website.

You summed it up quite nicely then Kits, you dont need this site and judging by responses I believe the reverse is also true

:)

You can state what you like but your posts have a certain flavour that lead me to believe you are MIB/WIB, personal opinion, nothing more

• Haha 1

omnia praesumuntur legitime facta donec probetur in contrarium

Please note: I am not a member of the legal profession, all advice given is purely my opinion, if in doubt consult a professional