ROLL CALL: Who has sucsessfully had defaults removed?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5158 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

MBNA - Default Removed after Information Commissioner told them to - took 3 years of fighting

Barclays - Default for £4,000, even though I was 3 weeks ahead of payment when they registered it. Took 3 years to get it removed finally called in the ICO and it took the Information Commissioner 6 months to get them to remove it

BArclaycard / Thames Credit. £19,000 of duplicate defaults - again took 3 and a half years of fighting to get them to remove duplicate defaults off the system. Only after involvement from the ICO did they remove them. BArclays even lied to the ICO saying they had removed them - but didn't. Barclays made it look like I owed £24,000 not £8,000.

Barclays and Barclaycard never loose an opportunity to "stick it to you" when you are down and out

I got Default removed by Tesco as I was able to prove I wasnt the debtor they were looking, they had it removed immediately. Then queried 3 from Aktif Kapital, completed the on line dispute form with Equifax who contacted AK and AK didnt respond to them so they temporarily removed it and then by magic a week later the three defaulted accounts appeared again. The CRA said they depend on their clients updating the info. Then lo and behold after I accessed my CRF again Barclaycard has also registered two defaults. Also does anyone have contact details for the Data Controller in Barclays? So 1 Default removed and 1 temp removed

Im learning more every day :)

• 2 weeks later...

HSBC Bank

£2137.00

Account still had balance. Written off by HSBC.

Approx 10% was Charges.

A very long and drawn out series of letters between myself and HSBC regarding the default and it's legality. In the end they admitted that they had not got any form of agreement besides an application form and had not followed the procedure correctly regarding defaults on current account O/D's by sending the relevant paperwork to me in the prescribed period therefore it was not exempt from part V of the CCA according to the determination.

Never got anyone else involved, just a lot of calls chatting to a very helpful lady at the ICO.

Next is Lowell. Should be done in about a week, or less.

Hi all, dont know if I'm on the right thread, but I am looking for a templete so that I can ask for the removals of defaults from a bank, credit card and catalogue companies. They are all unable to provide info under CCA and have threatened defaults. Bank has stated default but is under to provide info under CCA. I have requested my credit file from both experian and equifax.

By the way has anyone heard of annual credit report, where you can see a snip bit of your credit file on line without charge?

• 8 months later...
bloddy hell car

ive had six out of six

thought that was good going

but 10

Well done both of you :D

I hope I can get these two main ones removed... well it's 3 actually, one with Natwest too...

I wish I'd started the fight sooner :cool:

i had

3 with Intelligent Finance

1 with Abbey

1 with Nationwide

1 With a store card

and

1 CCJ with Intelligent Finance

all removed over the course of the last 6 months had to fight long and hard but its well worth it. the nationwide default was removed today.

• 1 year later...