Business Account

Yorkie41
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6166 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I operate as a sole trader, under a business name, - (xxxx t/as xxxx), working from home. I submitted all my paperwork on a personal basis, and received the usual WP offer from HSBC on this basis. Being approx. 50%, I rejected the offer and pursued my claim. A defence has been submitted by DG and a hearing date set for 25 Sept..

The dilema I have is that I should have instigated the claim under a business basis, although it appears to have been accepted so far. However, in their defence wording, DG have denied that the UTCCR's are applicable (which is correct, of course). They do, of course, deny everything else, which is not correct). Can I still proceed, provided that I use the business wordings etc. in my 'Court Bundle', if it gets that far? (I sent the first nudge letter to DG, second going today).

It is obviously very important to get this right now, if necessary, as I don't want the case to be thrown over a technicality at the last hurdle.

Re. the nudge letter, I am now going to adopt the following tactic. If you mark the envelope for an individual's attention with 'Private & Confidential', chances are that this will be ignored and opened by anyone. However, it is much moe likely to be handed unopened to the intended recipient if it is headed 'PERSONAL'. My letter will be F.A.O.Debbie D'Aubney on this basis - I will report back if successful.

Meanwhile, I really would appreciate help and advice on my query re. future personal/business claim procedures.

Many thanks,

YORKIE41