saddler10 v DLC/egg

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5359 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I sent a CCA request to Egg in 2007, which was never complied with. The account has passed through various DCA's before being sold on to Cabot.

The previous DCA, ARC, confirmed to me that Egg could not locate a copy of the credit agreement.

When I informed Cabot that they had purchased a debt that was disputed, they were advised by Egg that I had requested information under the Consumer Credit Act and that Egg had actioned and completed this request and there was no other dispute.

As far as I can tell, Egg have sold this account knowing they can't collect, I guess it's in their interests to tell the DCA that there is no dispute?

Saddler10

Alliance & Leicester, £2944.66 settled in full, donation made!!!

Capitol One (Partner), £475.01 settled in full, donation made!!!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The next thing I noticed when going through my correspondence with Cabot is very interesting/strange indeed, can't believe I didn't notice it before!

I received a letter late last year informing me that the account had been sold on to Cabot. The letter was on Egg headed paper, however below the person's signature it stated Cahoot/Abbey National plc.

A couple of weeks later I received a notice of correction from Cabot, along with the Egg letter this time with 'Egg Banking plc' below the signature. This was also a different signature to the first letter.

Not sure how significant this is but can anyone explain?

Saddler10

• 2 weeks later...

Greets all,

This post looked interesting to me.

This morning I received a letter from Cabot informig me that they had bought my debt from Egg. My Egg account was opened in 1999, and I know that it is unenforecable.

I'm keeping an eye on this post.

Support this great site where free invaluable advice is provided.

I've saved £1000's because of this site...so could you.

Hi balster, I have started a new thread, just so I can focus on the fact that this is now a Cabot issue.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/225773-saddler10-cabot-egg.html

cheers, Saddler10