Halifax Stamping Their Feet And Throwing A Paddy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6575 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Have just sent my letter reclaiming £837 charges to Halifax which they would have received on Monday. I've received a reply thanking me for the correspondence regarding the problems I've had with my current account and confirming that my complaint has been passed to a Secior Customer Relations Manager for review. I will then be contacted in wiriting with a response and they have enclosed a Complaints leaflet which fully explains the complaints procedure with a telephone number should I need to contact them to discuss the matter.

However, this morning at 8.15 I received a phone call from a very officious woman from the Halifax regarding my current account. I went £800+ overdrawn thanks to their charges (£500 over my limit) and reached an agreement with them to repay, I thought, £70 per month. Each month they send my a reminder to pay £63 on 12th of the month which I have done. One month they rang me and asked for £77 because of the interest and this was followed up by a letter asking for same with a request for £63 the following month which again I paid. I have just paid this month's £63 on Monday, but the woman on the phone said I had not kept to my arrangement to pay £77 per month. When I challenged her she informed me that the £63 stated in the letter did not take into account the interest and wanted to know when I could pay the rest, but why did they not contact me last month when I paid £63. She then told me that they were putting a default on my account and, no doubt, more interest. I replied that I would fight them all the way, but I was so furious that I then hung up on her.

At 9.10 I rang to speak to the Senior Collections Manager who signed the reminders, but an automated voice said that the office wasn't open and to call back during office hours, 9 - 5. I eventually did get a reply from an agent and I asked to speak to the Senior Collections Manager, but - surprise surprise - he wasn't available. I asked if he was fictitious and was told he did not deal with phone calls but another Manager would call me back. So far I've heard nothing.

Not sure what to do next though. Can I add any further interest to the amount I'm claiming and what happens if they put a default on my account? Will this affect my claim?

Marian G

did you have it in writing how much you were to pay? Which letter stated that you needed to pay £63? If they have put that in writing, I don;t see that they can call up and say "oh, but you have to add this to it". If they have made a repayment plan, they can't change it verbally I'm sure.

I should write to the manager you;re wanting to speak to - it sounds like it would be a good odea to have everything in writing, rather than have them deny or change conversations.

... a little

Mahala is a powerful thing ...

If you like my advice, please click the scales.

All advice is offered informally. If in any doubt, seek professional advice.

Barclays:claiming £908. Defence filed

Simply Be: settled in full

Abbey: Claim issued for DPA compliance order

GE Capital: Claim issued for DPA compliance order

Aktiv Kapital: Failed to comply with CCA disclosure. Debt unenforceable.

If this site has helped you, please make a donation to help keep it going.

They also can't default you if you are keeping to the arrangement, and especially if the amount is in dispute due to it being made up of charges.

Jeep (The Wife & I)

Halifax joint a/c (£3800 charges + £40 interest on charges over 11 years) - paid in full 23/06/06

Halifax joint a/c new charges £1100 - LBA sent 02/08/06

Halifax 2nd a/c (£1500 charges + £150 interest on charges) - partial payment received 13/07/06 (no s69 interest) - AQ filed 07/08/06 - Court awarded 50% of s69 interest (Bank didn't turn up!)

Halifax Visa (#1) Data Protection Act sent - statements arrived - £350 so far

Halifax Visa (#2) Data Protection Act sent - refunded £170

DONATE - Support this site, it supported you!

Follow the route: FAQs > Template Library > Parachute Account > Bank Forums > Spreadsheet

All advice given in good faith and without prejudice or liability, to be taken at your own risk!

The amount stated on the reminder is for £63 which is what I've been paying, except for the one £77 which they asked for verbally and in writing, then it reverted back to £63. They didn't challenge it last month though, but they did this month after they received my claim letter.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Received default notice today asking for £203 by 12 July (my birthday!) - they didn't waste much time (24 hours). If I can raise it I'll let them have it (and the money!!), but I will follow up with complaint to Financial Ombudsman as I think I've been treated unfairly as have many others. I was unaware that I was not keeping to the 'arrangement'. Maybe they'll refund my charges in full - ha ha.

Marian G

i had a similar problem. last June my computer broke so I couldn't go on the internet. They sent a letter to my online account saying I needed to contact them to renew my overdraft.

Because I never saw the letter till after the deadline I lost my overdraft and they started adding £39 a month for being overdrawn and then £28 for a monthly unauthrised overdraft!

I called them to explain I couldn't pay over a grand in one go, they said it wasn't there problem and then started taking money from my bank account directly.

Spoke to the complaints department in August who agreed £25 a month and put it onto a reducing overdraft and I've got that in writing. But every month I got a letter saying I'd broke the agreement even though the payments were made.

I eventually spoke to someone who didn't just say it wasn't their problem, who said that my payment didn't cover the interest so I'd go straight overdrawn again.!!!:confused: !!!!

She did in the end agree to stop the interest.

I'd contact the complaints dept to say you can't afford more than you're paying.

Hi I know that this is proably in the wrong place but i need help! I sent my letter to Halifax (and one to Lloyds) on the 6th june, recorded delivery with a cheque for £10 enclosed. BUT stupidly i forgot to date the letter. I was so stressed out about this, it seams such a scary thing to do! Please help me, what do i do now?

Thanks, Cathy

Hi Marian

I had the same trouble over December. Also had phonecalls left right and centre, explaining the the payment I offered did not cover any interest and charges. They explained at the payment I make should also allow for interest and charges - therefore, a good starting point would be to phone them every month and ask them how much the interest is and what charges there are - so you keep your side clean. It is very frustrating - I know - have a read of my threat!

Basically, what I am saying is that your payment is the basic payment and you should also add on to that the interest and charges on the account.

Good luck!

Mariana

PS: Great name btw!