Scotsuzy v HSBC/DG***WON****

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6102 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Suzy,

That sounds good to me, - I knew you wouldn't go wrong with Latty and Pete to guide you. Sounds like a final offer is not far off now - well done for sticking with it.

Cheers (Orrabest) :wink:

John:)

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Phoned court today to check my next step, they advise that DG have still not submitted their AQ (due date 9th July). The judge sent them a copy of my N244 and gave them 14 days to respond (due date 23rd July) they have not responded to this either. In the meantime they have of course sent me the offer letter as discussed on previous posts and I have all but rejected it. The girl in the court office advised that because DG have not responded to the N244 by the due date my file has now been sent thru to the judge who should look at it on Friday 27th.

Does anyone have any idea what might happen next..............should I ask for defence to be struck out or wait 'til Monday and see what judge comes up with ?

Cheers, Suzy

I doubt any letters will catch up to your file in time for the judge to look at them on friday so I would wait and see what he/she does.

The judge will now review the information he/she has and issue directions, as you have probably seen from all the other threads these are all different so we will have to wait and see but DG havent made a good start by ignoring their AQ. :)

pete

Thanks Pete, had a feeling you would say that. Must confess all this waiting isn't good for the nerves. I'm a woman, it will kill me to wait 'til Monday......he he, hopefully it will all be worth it in the end :)

Cheers, Suzy

hopefully it will all be worth it in the end

It will suzy, you're on the last lap now, - hang in there! :cool: Stay cool!

I know what you mean though, the last mile home is always the longest :)

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

BTW does anyone know any contact details for Heidi Daniels. No one at HSBC will give me her number or e-mail address. I keep getting letter from her regarding my £180 "overdraft" as I have said before this is made up completely of charges and not my spending and I am trying to get her to refund it to my account. I think nettyg managed to get Heidi to sanction a refund and I want to give it a go to see if she will do the same for me..............you never know your'e luck ;-)

Cheers, Suzy

Thanks Latty, I tired that one already but got message failure notification.....alsotried heidi.daniels@hsbc.com but got the same message. I have now sent my letter by e-mail to hsbc complaints dept so will wait and see if that has any effect.................they willl probablt just ignore it (as they usually do)

Cheers, Suzy

Hey guys, can't believe I am still here at 2 am, just as well I am on holiday tomorrow (Oops....today). Can't seem to stay away even though I have nothing to report at the minute. I find myself getting sucked into reading loads and loads of threads. Will give DG a nudge tomorrow and phone court to see what the Judge was doing with my case on Friday last.

Anyhoo, hope you are all well......off to bed, even managed to stay up later than Pete, that's got to be a record ;)

Cheers, Suzy

The Financial Services Authority has granted waiver to the banks, so that they are no longer obliged to handle complaints about unlawful bank charges.

No, this is not because it's ruled that charges are lawful. In fact, it's because the Office of Fair Trading thinks they aren't lawful, and is taking a super-claim to court to get the matter settled once and for all.

The banks being taken to court are: Abbey National, Barclays, Clydesdale, Halifax, Bank of Scotland, HSBC, Lloyds, Nationwide, NatWest and Royal Bank of Scotland.

And that's all fine. It'd be nice and neat to get one decision that settles the matter once and for all. However, it makes no sense that banks don't have to deal with claims in the meantime. It's ill-thought out, crazy even.

Thanks to the FSA, the situation now is that the banks don't have to deal with these claims at all. The FSA says also that the Financial Ombudsman will probably stop dealing with the claims and so will the county courts. This plays into the banks' hands.

Why on Earth should people halt their claims? There are lots of people with serious debt trouble largely, and in many cases solely, due to unlawful penalty charges, and now their claims will be suspended, perhaps for a year or several years, whilst we wait for the super-claim to be settled.

Their options for getting their money back in the meantime will be limited or non-existent, as their rights and protections are suspended. All the while, their debt will continue to grow, and their worry and anxieties along with it.

Furthermore, the FSA has, amazingly, agreed that claimants who have had offers from the bank already must either accept that offer in full and final settlement, or they'll almost certainly be forced to wait a long time, i.e. until this super-claim is finally resolved.

This puts those claimants with financial problems in a difficult and stressful position. It's a choice they shouldn't have to make, but the FSA wants to take away their right to get a proper response from the bank, and to take away their right to an ombudsman and to claim in the small claims court.

Sadly, it's almost certainly too late to salvage anything from this for existing claimants. The decision has been made apparently without anyone injecting the claimants' perspectives into it.

Consumers need a strong voice for the FSA to listen to, because clearly the Authority has been won over by the banks' self-serving arguments, which have been offered under the guise of 'fairness'.

The above is from The Motley Fool newsletter, I have highlighted the bit that I am particularly worried about.

Would like to know what you folks think :confused:

Cheers, Suzy

Unfortunatly I agree with the article the stance the FSA have taken and I suspect the OFT and Ombudsman will also take is wrong.

We dont know what the Judicary are going to do yet though, the banks are not above the law and FSA have no say in the actions of the Judges, the banks solicitors will have to apply for a stay in every case that goes to court, it will be up to the judge to agree and order a stay in every case and the claimant to object.

pete

No further forward Im afraid.

DG has replied to court that they will accept the amendment to my claim (big of them or what). Everything going back to the Judge today for him to decide the next step. Advised to call back tomorrow to find out his decision.

Cheers, Suzy

Ho Hum, I never thought it would be easy so guess like everyone else I'll just keep plugging away at it.

Cheers Freaky, Pete

Oops that doesn't look right.........Freaky Pete...........sorry Pete !

Cheers, Suzy

Her guys..........just got this e-mail from Rachel Thomlinson

I will be out of the office starting 27/07/2007 and will not return until

28/03/2070.

I have now left the Bank. Please contact Jason Newbold or Casey Byrne if

you require urgent assistance

28/03/2070 my goodness do you think she has had enough ?

Cheers, Suzy

Who know's........sorry, very bad pun !

resent my e-mail to Jason Newbold and Casey Byrne but got an "underlivered" message for Casey saying she is not listed in HSBC directory.

Covered myself by copying in just about everyone else tho.

Cheers, Suzy

28/03/2070
my goodness do you think she has had enough ?

I suspect Rachel is a decent lady who has had enough - I think she was happy paying out legitimate claims to customers who had been unlawfullly overcharged - now she sees that the actions of the OFT and (especially) the FSA are going to result in the banks sneaking out from under - possibly for years - she is as disgusted as the rest of us.

Well done Rachel ,:) if you read this - 2070 is too soon to come back, they'll still be arguing about it then! :rolleyes:

Nemo me impune lacessit