Home insurance - Computer - Barclays/IVal/?NU?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5049 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was advised to put a letter in the box outlining the exact spec you have, double check everything and keep on at them as they tend to forget you exist for weeks on end.

Don't let them tell you they don't confirm anything in writing - we did it all by e-mail after they tried that one. If you talk to them on the phone and you hear the words " we'll replace what you had/or just a bit better", get it in writing. They said that to us and what they were actually planning to give us was a basic spec with none of the extras we had.

If you are unhappy with a valuation, do as techwolf says, and get a loss adjuster in!!!

Don't fret though, we did all of the above, kicked off a bit and our replacement is here and we are very happy - so good luck!

Dipply75

I am in no way a legal advisor and only speak from my own experiences and the helpful advice of those in the same boat! :p

ok, wee update.. Spoke to a very helpful person called Angela @ Ival. Ran through situation. My laptop had 256mb memory, 40gb HD. She advised (and I have it by email) that the minimum spec replacement will be 1gb memory and 100gb HD.

Laptop was picked up by courier on friday past, I have to call her on friday this week to confirm what the script is. She stated that she imagined as the damage was liquid (coke), it would be B.E.R and they would give me the option of a replacement direct from them, or send me a voucher for currys, comet or PC world.

I am on the edge of my seat with anticipation.. but happliy my new laptop from AOL arrived on friday also, so all is well at the moment.

Maybe IVAL read these threads too and decided to stop messing people about, or maybe Norwich Union listened and had a wee wrd with them lol?

Glad to hear all is ok, happy 'pooting!

Dipply75

I am in no way a legal advisor and only speak from my own experiences and the helpful advice of those in the same boat! :p

• 11 months later...
The BIG worry is that I have also got my mountain bike insured with them at a value of £2800 (I know, ridiculous price for a bike but it's my thang). Heaven forbid someone broke in and stole it. I don't think I'd be happy with a replacement costing a quarter of that. I'm gonna bookmark this topic and tell them to rethink that replacement if my old one can't be repaired.

Hmm....

have just been broken into,

Giant faith 2 and a DMR Transition where stolen

im insured with NU and am starting to get worried! I have all receipts and photos... and had them insured to the exact value am hoping they will pay out rather than give me a halfords voucher! My local halfords is rubbish to say the least and can get something hell of a lot better somewhere els

has anyone had any issues at all with bikes being stolen??

many thanks!!

• 9 months later...

hi all i had a misfortune with a apple machine top end and within 2 weeks

i have a brand new up to date machine so well done ival i am really pleased with the service from barclays and ival nice change too give credit too someone these days dont you think ...

• 4 months later...

Hi, if you just started a claim or need guidance going throught one i found i brillant site called:

(Edit)

email surport, shows you the structure of how its all works etc really great stuff on there.

hope that helps.

Edited by maroondevo52
Removed commercial link.