I GOT AN OFFER!!!! Advice needed.

robbie_ship
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6183 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The sheer volume of paperwork involved in the court bundle must ring alarms for them to think that a claimant means business.

An interesting point though, I went away last Wednesday and didn't get back until Monday morning. I asked a friend to open any mail that came for me while I was away.

Sure enough, the offer came through in the post on Friday morning but I wasn't able to give it my proper attention until this morning. The court date was going to be next Tuesday.

Maybe there is something in letting them stew a bit until you respond to their offer. Softens them up for the negotiation. They don't want to go to court but they don't want to be giving everything back. Letting them wait for a response probably gets them incredibly nervy. I mean let's face it, anyone who's gone through almost 6 months of waiting has every right to reciprocate for at least a couple of days.

They got impatient and sent me the letter by email in a word document.

There is a line that say,

HSBC also, reasonably, requires your confirmation that you will treat this payment as confidential.

Is this what everyone else gets?

as i have not had one................. i cant say for sure. but on what I have seen on here yes.. and you type your own reply............. there are loads of template sin the libray which oyu could copy.............

you dont agree to that and you also have to be specific that you are only acceptin ghti sas settle of the clain covering the periods of what ever your dates are .............. there are loads of templates for you to choose from

rockin all over the world

it's finding them again that's the problem, I had a quick look for you but couldn't find an accdeptance letter with the bit where you do not except the confidential bit. latty will know where to find it. :)

This is a copy of the acceptance letter I used!

Date

Dear Whoever

Ref: Your Offer of Settlement

Account: xxxxxxxx

Sort Code xx-xx-xx

Claim No: XXXXX in XXXX County Court

I acknowledge receipt of your letter date xx/xx/xx and your settlement offer of £XXX

I accept your offer as full and final settlement only for this claim of bank charges made on my account between xx/xx/xx and xx/xx/xx(dates of first and last charge)

I accept this offer without prejudice and I reserve the right to make any further claims should you apply future charges that may be considered unlawful under common law or in violation of the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999 or Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977.

I will be willing to withdraw my claim upon receipt of unconditional full settlement of my claim.

I am also not prepared to agree to any confidentially clauses you try to impose, unless of course your client wishes to make an offer of due consideration in addition to the amount of £xxxxx, in order to be afforded this privilege by myself.

I trust that you will find this arrangement acceptable.

Yours Sincerely

well done robbie,

calm in the face of adversity - - - -

all done and dusted with time to spare.

i think you handled that really well!

please don't forget to halt the claim (which you said you were going to do - i'm just repeating it for anyone else watching)

and could you pretty please - give your details to a mod or site helper - claim no., bank, date filed, date concluded, amount - just so it goes into the data base for settled claims.

whoppee!!!!! another win for the good guys.

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S........