Angi is ready! is Halifax? **WON**

Angi
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6461 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya

Before I begin my battle, I would just like people to read this.

I didn’t know anything about the banks & these charges, or this site, until my hubby told me about watching Tonight with Trevor McDonald, any way cutting my story short, my hubby said, wouldn’t it be nice if we had bank charges!!!! We could try & claim back!!! I never told him about all the charges just didn’t want him to think I’m no good with money which does happen trying to pay everything & having nothing to spend on that top you’ve seen or a night out with your friends, money in our house is tight, & from reading on this site, I’m not alone. Anyway I thought tell him see what he says, as if I was winding him up, so I did, guess what he said??? I don’t think you do & laughed, again I said I do, he still just laughed at me coz he thought I was joking, he then said ok then prove it? I got the statements that I had put away (out of his hands) & showed him, he just looked at me & said! Right lets see how much there is, when we totalled it up we had about £550.00 on one account & £205.00 on the other, so my hubby said ok lets go to this web-site & see where we stand, & where do we stand??? Some hard work a head with a good looking outcome if we win. So I’m ready to start my action. Ohh as for my hubby he was great about it, so if I’m ever in any money problems with the bank after this is over, I’m just going to tell him. I think it was all ok with him, coz nothing like this, having some extra cash doesn’t happen to us, Well it has & we both just want you all to know

As for the people who run this site, I cannot thankyou all enough for letting us all know what is right & helping us get our money back.

BIG Thankyou

& if we win, we Will donate

Good Luck with Your Claim

Angi x

:) If I have been of any help, please click the Scales of 'Justice' in the botton left corner. ;) Thanks

hi, good luck and welcome! there are a lot of good sorts on here, but a word of advice before you start, make sure you have read all the FAQ'S before you do anything else! the mods are very busy (thanks to all the publicity for the site) so you may have a wait for an answer but we will all try to help where we can ok?:)

Welcome aboard! Thank goodness your hubby saw the programme eh? :p

Keep us up to date with your progress, and don't forget to ask if you get stuck -there's loads of help available here.

Don't forget to have a good read round before you start writing letters.

Good luck!

... a little

Mahala is a powerful thing ...

If you like my advice, please click the scales.

All advice is offered informally. If in any doubt, seek professional advice.

Barclays:claiming £908. Defence filed

Simply Be: settled in full

Abbey: Claim issued for DPA compliance order

GE Capital: Claim issued for DPA compliance order

Aktiv Kapital: Failed to comply with CCA disclosure. Debt unenforceable.

If this site has helped you, please make a donation to help keep it going.

Welcome Angi

Well as the Halifax motto goes you get that little bit extra, so sit back enjoy the fight and get the ball rolling

Best of luck :D

:) Go on ... you know you want to click me :)

:lol:don't be like the banks - give a little back :lol:

:D There was a time before CAG but now CAG is here we are the empowered! :D

In progress:

Mechs and Mother (deceased) V Halifax - N1 form filed at Court 9 Aug 06

Advice & opinions of mechs, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

Hiya

Thanks for the support, Im reading, reading reading, even dreaming of reading lol.

I've been printing all sorts from FAQ & also other peoples links, just so I understand things a bit better, plus I can read outside in the sun (well when Im having a cig:eek: ) lol

Will keep you updated

Thanks Again

Angi x

Angi x

:) If I have been of any help, please click the Scales of 'Justice' in the botton left corner. ;) Thanks

Angi that is exactly what you should do as mistakes can be costly .

Keep us posted and enjoy your reading ;-)

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

Hiya

Hope everyone is well

Ok just a little query

I have 2 accounts with the Halifax,

Account 1 - I have all the statements, :) *update I thought I had, but I was wrong 21 missing* 29th June....

Account 2 - I’m still waiting for statements coming,

So my query is this, Do I start my claim now with the account 1

Or do you think I should wait till account 2 is ready to post & do them both together, as I do not want to jeopardise the 2nd account which is the one with the most charges. Any advice would be gratefully received.

Thankyou & Good Luck

Angi x

Angi x

just be carefull you claim under £5,000 if it comes to more then this then use the search facility and look for 'sever' as there are costs implications for claiming over this amount

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

Hiya

Thanks for the fast replies, I'm going to wait, My feelings told me to wait, but I thought I'd ask before I did anything silly.

Thanks Again & Good Luck to Everyone

Angi x

Angi x

Hiya

Thanks for the fast replies, I'm going to wait, My feelings told me to wait, but I thought I'd ask before I did anything silly.

Thanks Again & Good Luck to Everyone

Angi x

I know you want to speed things up and you get impatient ........we did ........but take it slowly far better to do that and win than to try and rush and jeopadise your claim and we dont want that

:) Go on ... you know you want to click me :)

:lol:don't be like the banks - give a little back :lol:

:D There was a time before CAG but now CAG is here we are the empowered! :D

In progress:

Mechs and Mother (deceased) V Halifax - N1 form filed at Court 9 Aug 06

Advice & opinions of mechs, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

Hiya

Hope everyone is well, & keeping busy with their claims.

I’ve just received my statements all 6 months of them!!! I asked for 6 years, so I phoned the bank requesting the 6 years of statements that I had originally asked for, they are going to do this for me. However I have 2 accounts with the Halifax, they have just told me I can only claim against my credit card account (was told that off record) so would someone who knows which accounts are being claimed from please list them for me.

Thankyou

Angi x

Angi x

Hiya

Thanks so much for letting me know that it's Any Account, I feel much better now lol.

Just goes to show you how the Banks work, they tell porkies, bit like the Government lol

Right well that’s just got me mad, so not going to give this up..let battle continue;-)

Angi x

Angi x

Hiya

Hope everyone are doing ok with their claims, & if you have had your claim settled, hope you enjoyed spending it.

Right heres my update...

7th June requested 6 years worth of statements from account 1 & 3 years from account 2 (only had it 3 years) Today 29th June received statements for account 2 total £275.00 (not bad for 3 years)lol. So waiting for statements for account 1 (which is my main account) & at the moment is standing at £700.00 on the statements I had kept. ;-)

I have my list of charges ready on both account just to add to the great spread sheet (thankyou Vampiress for making my life easy) so just waiting for account 1 statements, to get moving.

Off to do some-more reading while eating *jelly babies*

Good Luck Everyone

Angi x

Angi x

Hiya

I don't know what to do next,

I have 2 accounts with the Halifax, I requested both accounts statements on 7th June, I received statements 29th June for one account, this being the one with the least charges.

I am still waiting for the statements for the other account, which has the most charges.

So I rang the Halifax yesterday, only to be told that they were sent out on 24th June & must have been lost in the post! & I have to ring them today to let them know the statements have not arrived, they have not arrived.

Now if these statements have been lost in the post, Im just wondering how lets say, 6 letters from the same place all coming to my house have gone missing?

Answers on a post card, but don't post them as they get Lost in the Post lol.

I know this will be another one of the Halifax's poor excuses, on delaying sending these statements, I know I will have more charges on this account, as I am missing 21 statements, the statements I have total £700.00 in charges, so now Im wondering do I start my claim with the statements I have or wait till the others turn up?

Also what can I say when I ring them to tell them the statements have not arrived, Im not very good with words on the phone, so any tips or advice would be very helpful.

Thanks for reading & for helping

Good Luck with Your Claims

Angi x

Angi x

little update

just got off the phone to the Halifax, spoke to Ray, who couldn't understand why I was told to ring back about the missing statements as I didn't have a reference number(wasnt given one that's why) any way,

He said it would be quicker if he sent list of charges going back 6 years (ohh at last someone listening or are they?) so he is going to ask his work buddy who is at lunch at the moment, (ahh now is this an excuse?) to sort this out this afternoon, as Ray seems to think I have waited long enough for my requested statements( couldnt agree with you more on that one Ray ;) ) & I had paid for them...If his work buddy can sort this out this afternoon, Ray is going to get my list of charges in the post today, if his buddy can not do this, then it goes to another department, (could this be the "ohhh forget about this claim department"?)

But - there's a But, he did say he would ring me either way later today, so they must have my number, to do this, so I am going to sit back, do some more reading & see if Ray calls me back, wont hold my breathe but you never know, he might be one of those people who like us is also claiming his charges back, so he might be helping us out (well I can dream a bit :roll: lol)

will keep you posted

Take Care & Good Luck with Your Claims

Angi x

Angi x

Hiya

Time to Claim my Money Back

List of charges landed from planet Halifax this morning, (its only taken them 35 days) anyway, Im sending my Preliminary Letter today, just so I know they get it tomorrow, sending in Special Delivery, So here goes...

I will keep you updated as to what happens next

Good Luck Everyone

Angi x

Halifax Account One - £915.00 preliminary letter sent 11/07/2006

Halifax Account Two - £275.00 preliminary letter sent 11/07/2006

Capital One - £200.00 preliminary letter sent 03/07/2006

Angi x

nice one angi

go get em!!!

Halifax preliminary letter sent 17/05/06 charges £2661.00

Bog Standard blah blah blah letter received 22nd May 2006.

received lengthy letter dated 24th May 2006 offering £605 pah!

letter before action sent registered 5th June 2006

letter received in response to lba offering £1801.00 errrrr no ta

court action filed 23rd June 2006

deemed served to bank on25th June 2006

notice of acknowledgement of service has been filed

they intend to defend

7th july received letter PAYING IN FULL!!!

10th July cash deposit £112.58

10th July cash deposit £2869.00

:D :D :D :D

HALIFAX SETTLED IN FULL

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya

Heres my update -

I have heard nothing from the Halifax, & the 14 days are up tomorrow, it will be my luck to hear from them in the morning, but just incase I don't, I thought, time to get my LBA ready for both accounts & post them tomorrow afternoon. The only part of my claim, I am a bit scared of is the court one, but reading other peoples threads, Im not alone there. So guess its time to stand tall (all 5ft 3ins of me lol) & let the Halifax see, Angi is ready.

Angi x

Angi x

Hiya

Just as I thought, all ready to post my LBA letter, coz Halifax had not replied to my PREM letter, anyway got a nice letter from Halifax this morning, offering me, £152.00!!!! they dont really think Im going to sign their bit of paper do they? well they are wrong, so wrote a little note, saying I will only accept as partial settlement, but still going for the full amount. -

Also posted my LBA letter off as times up for that, so lets see if that TV gets a bit closer to the space waiting to give it a good home!!!;)

Angi x

Angi x

• 3 weeks later...

Hiya

Just got a little question -

About the Interest!!! both my accounts are just basic Halifax accounts,(cardcash) can I add the interest to this type of account?

I am ready to do my spreedsheets for court, so any help on this one will be wonderful.

Thanks so Much

Angi x

Angi x

Hiya

Need a bit of help -

Im filling in my claim for court, But Im a bit unsure about the part that says

Particulars of Claim....is this what I put?

I have a contract with the defendant bank dated X and which is conducted on their standard terms and conditions. I am claiming the return of money taken by the defendant in the way of charges over the last six years plus the interest they have levied on those charges. The bank's charges are a disproportionate penalty and therefore unenforceable as they are contrary to common law. Further, as a disproportionate penalty they are invalid under the Unfair (Contracts) Terms Act 1977 s.4 and under the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999. Para.8 and sch.2(1)(e). In the event that the charges are not a penalty then they are unreasonable within the meaning of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 s.15.

I have repeatedly asked the bank to justify their charges but they have declined to do so.

I copied that from the Libary

Any help....I would be so grateful

Good Luck With Your Claims

Angi x

Angi x