Driveway wrecked, can I claim compensation?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6203 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all, I live in council rented accomodation and the villiage I'm in is having mains sewerage installed. Today I've come home from work to find my gravel drive is wrecked. My partner has been home today and witnessed large machinary on our drive digging up areas of the road and path. Where the tracked vehicles have been on the drive, it's broken the drive edging, churned up all the gravel and torn apart the membrane underneath. I did this drive myself and an really angry.

Just looking at some help and advice at how to go furher. The workmen have stated not their problem as they need access.

Thanks in advance!

Contact the council asap, and the water company, put everything in writing, take pictures of the damage and insist that it is made good. They may need access but they have a duty of care.

Poppynurse :)

If my comments have been helpful please click my scales!!!!

However as the property isn;t yours, your only obligation is to inform the Council and advise them of the situation. This way you're protected should they claim YOU were somehow responsible for it!

Although the property isn't mine the work that has been done including the drive is mine. As in all the materials etc etc. We've taken pictures and I'm confident legally I could not be held responsible.

I will contact the council etc, thanks for your help.