charleyfarley v Abbey Round 2

charleyfarley
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4885 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Reply received from the Abbey, telling me all about the "test case" and the FOS and FSA and stays and what to do if I live in Scotland...all useful irrelevant stuff, but I feel a LBA coming on, stating my belief that my circumstances fall under the hardship guidelines, and please can I have my money back after all;)

That's a reply within 7 days from them, so it's pretty quick, which is a change from last time, when they seemed to do everything at the last possible minute of any deadline:(

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LBA sent , outlining hardship criteria, and how my circumstances fall within the FSA guidelines.

14 more days waiting;)

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.

• 2 weeks later...

Abbey are showing signs of being efficient........reply to my letter just received, asking for financial information and evidence of hardship.

If I'm completing this information for them, I wonder what they'd say if I asked them to provide me with a detailed analysis of their charging regime;)

• 4 months later...
Well CF...........................What happened next? :rolleyes:

Sorry KK, that's in next week's episode:)

Actually, I decided that , while I could definitely do with the money, the large majority of the claim was interest charges, and I thought rightly or wrongly, that if Abbey paid up without arguing about it:eek::eek::eek: that I would risk losing out on this interest. So I thought I'd hang fire on this Abbey claim, and pursue my A&L claim under the hardship rules instead, which is more recent, so more charges and less interest.

Edited by charleyfarley

im gonna work on my spreadies next few days cos i do want it back now 1et u know when they is done xxxxkia

kisskiss, can you give us a bit of warning before you write such shocking things in a post!!!!!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

also, be careful with your 1's and l's in your spready or you'll be asking for loo's of pounds instead of 100's:)

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
This is an October bump! ;)

I refer you to post #56

now let Rip van Winkle go back to sleep :):):p

• 1 month later...

Don't you hate it when you're asleep, and someone goes.."ARE YOU AWAKE?":rolleyes:.I am now

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/oft-test-case-updates/139905-h-o-l-test-140.html#post2579323

A decision on 19th November maybe............it'd be great if it was tomorrow, I'd smile lots and lots:D:D

Don't you hate it when you're asleep, and someone goes.."ARE YOU AWAKE?":rolleyes:.

I think you'll find I asked if you were asleep! :rolleyes:

I am now. Good!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/oft-test-case-updates/139905-h-o-l-test-140.html#post2579323

A decision on 19th November maybe............it'd be great if it was tomorrow, I'd smile lots and lots:D:D

CF It's only 17th tomorrow.......................so, you'll have to find something else to celebrate! ;-):):-D

CF It's only 17th tomorrow.......................so, you'll have to find something else to celebrate! ;-):):-D

so I will...........now let me think:p:p:p

thought i'd get my spreadsheet going with that statement information i've already received.

It's good how the 8% adds up quicker on the older charges, so the claim value currently stands at £1800 to include £450 in interest.;)

quick update of the SS,and I've earned £250 in interest while I've been waiting:D

now then, I'm a generous person, so a 7-day LBA to the Abbey quoting Clause 5, and then it's N1 time

and as I'm a layabout benefit scrounger, it'll cost me nothing :-)

Edited by charleyfarley

Keep thinking, you'll find something to celebrate soon!:)

By the way......................:)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CF!:eek:

did i miss it awwwwwwww sorry forgot HAPPY BIRTHDAY CF XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX from kiss kiss kia

• 1 month later...

Well, here we go............a very nice letter today from Richard Harris, Head of Complaints, saying they do not believe there is any legal basis on which the amount of the charges can be challenged.

Interestingly, the words 'Test Case' and 'Supreme Court' don't appear in the letter at all

and I've had the identical letter from A&L................ also from Richard Harris, Head of Complaints:D

he must be a very busy bloke just now;)