KT - K v Barclays

KT-K
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5751 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi again!

Just going through the court bundle to get myself prepared, and just wanted to make sure that all I need to do is print off everything (on court bundle thread) i.e test cases etc, and then just add my own copy letters, statements, t+cs and soc and ensure that I have 3 copies of everything. Don't want to sound dim, but although I know what I need to do, I just need re-assurance that this is correct...

Thank you...:o

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again!!

Just in the process of trying to sort out my court bundle, and I have today recd in the post a standard letter from Barclays (from legal team) advising of the situation regarding all cases being on hold until test case has concluded etc. etc.. However, at the end, there is a paragraph about my case which has now been stayed!

This is the first I have heard and I have had no correspondence from my local court. If this was the case, would my court not notify me so I could at least respond?

Not sure if anyone else has had this letter or can advise me?

Many thanks

KTK

Thanks Saintly...

I will carry on as normal, and see what happens. Also, MoneyKing very kindly provided me with a link to B's T+C's ,but for some reason, I can not access it. Just wondering if anyone has a different link or could tell me where to find them?

Thanks again

KT

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Just received notification from my local court (Trowbridge)that it is ordered that:

1.That the claim be stayed forwith pending the OFT test case

2. Any hearing set in the claim is to be vacated.

Also goes on to say about permission to apply to lift the stay or to set aside or vary this order within 28 days of the service of the same.:mad:

I presume that there is now no need to send my court bundle!!!! and that I will just have to wait and see on the outcome of the test case, and then apply for directions for the future conduct of the claim? Also, I can not see that there will be much point in applying to lift the stay, as from what I can see this also involves a cost...

Just would like to say thanks to everyone who has helped me so far....:)

You CAN apply to have the stay lifted, but as to date we havent heard of many people succeeding.

You CAN submit your bundle if you wish to get it out of the way...just add a covering note to have it added to your file.

Personally, Id wait, you may come across some juicy tit bits you can add to it to help your claim later.

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

Hi thanks for that.

I really dont think that applying for the stay to be lifted, will do any good. As you say, not many have been sucessful, and it was made clear in the letter recd from the court, that if this did happen, then it would be referred to Winchester, which is miles away from me!

Also, I will wait and not submit Court Bundle. Will I now just have to wait until I hear further from my local court with regards to test case outcome, or will I have to contact them once this has happened? (hope that made sense!)

If the Test case is succesful and rules in favour of the claimants..part of the case is to have all charges refunded to all customers without having to claim.

Even if this doesnt happen, your claim has already been processed so you are in the queue,, and at this stage prob the best place to be cos once they do rule in favour, millions of claims are going to hit the courts causing a huge waiting list, to which you will be near the top for settling.

hope thats made you feel a little more positive

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

Hi

Thanks for your last post... I am trying to be positive, so fingers crossed that the High Court rules in favour of us poor people!! My claim is for approx £4500, so I am gutted that I was so close to having a court date issued just when the test case was announced. (Just my luck - :( ) Even more gutted, as Barclays were chasing me to clear my o/draft of £1500 (as i have moved banks!) and I was refusing to pay until the outcome of my claim. Guess, I will have to start paying them back now....:mad:

• 1 year later...

Hi

It has been a long time since I have added a post, due to all cases etc being on hold. However, I was wondering if anyone out there could clarify or assist with the new "Hardship Rules" and if my case would be covered?

My claim with Barclays is for over £4K, and currently due to their interest etc being added to the account, i owe them over £2K. Due to charges etc being on hold, I have not repaid any of this overdraft (or have they chased).

However, I did have to change banks nearly 2 years ago, as when my wages and child benefit/tax credit were paid into my account, it was just swallowed up to cover overdraft etc, and then no money was ever left to live off! (although would never have had this o/draft if charges were not added!)

Now ,I have transferred to Nationwide, however, I am not allowed an overdraft or a debit card/cheque book. I can only access my funds by cash card! Would anyone know if I could pursue for charges while all cases are still on hold??? Thanks in advance...

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)