Starting in the middle with Capital one

scanner
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6169 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This has thrown me off the ball a bit.

I requested all my statements over the phone

about two weeks later i recieved the lot in the mail.

I have a limit of £200 but charges amounting to £800.

About three weeks after the statements were delivered Cap 1 sent me a letter.

"thank you bla.bla.bla.

we have paid £204 into your account and if you do not reply within 30 days we will regard this matter as closed."

any advice as to how i must proceed.

i have not sent them (Request for Repayment letter) (Letter Before Action).

I would ackowledge the letter they sent you but however state that you are seeking payment of the full amount therefore rejecting there offer, then send them the LBA as they know whats coming they are trying to stop you from proceeding its a tough one.

Nationwide Won - £2000 :D

Barclay Card - Hearing Date 14/08/07 :???:

Capital One - N1 Filed ;)

Maybe try this letter and add a few bits in

YOUR Street

Town

City

Postcode

Date

BANK NAME

Address

Address

Postcode

Re: Account number XXXXXXXX

Response to settlement offer.

Dear [named sender or Sirs]

Thank you for your letter dated xx/xx/xx

I respectfully decline your offer of settlement and request, one final time, that you return to me all charges imposed on this account, totalling £xxxx

In order to avoid Litigation against you, I am prepared to temporarily accept the sum offered as partial settlement on the clear understanding that the remainder is paid within the next 10 days. Failure to comply with this request will result in legal action against you for full recovery, as detailed in my Letter Before Action.

If you do not accept my conditions for acceptance, or you do not respond within 10 days, I shall return the payment to you. For the avoidance of doubt, I wish to stress that I do not accept your offer under the terms stated in your letter.

(If the bank have credited your account, please use this note in place of the above paragraph)

If you do not accept my conditions for acceptance, or you do not respond within 10 days, the money transfered to my account should not be viewed as my acceptance and I hereby authorise you to remove this sum accordingly.

I trust this clarifies my position.

Yours faithfully

[signature]

[print name]

Nationwide Won - £2000 :D

Barclay Card - Hearing Date 14/08/07 :???:

Capital One - N1 Filed ;)

• 1 month later...

I recieved in the post today a letter explaing capital one is changing their purchase policy and some other crap. along with this letter they supplied me with the terms and conditions.

Now since i have had the credit card i have paid an annual fee of £29

in the terma and conditions there is a paragraph expalining that the anual fee on this card is £0

does this mean that i can now claim this money back and add interest on it although it is not the same as the unlawfull charges, but is unlawfull all the same as they have taken the lazy route and sent everyone the same terms and conditions