Are MBNA in default of YOUR cca request?

redsue
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3877 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm still working on my POC but as soon as I have anything to show you I'll pass it on definately - my thinking is that at least you can take them to court for enforcing a document whilst they are in default.

Will send you something as soon as I have anything to show you - best wishes

PLEASE sign this petition to reduce amount of time CRAs hold your data

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/CreditRA

I HATE MBNA :evil::-x:mad::-x

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

MBNA are in default today of my CCA request, I have another 30 days before its the criminal default.

With me they sent me 1. July statement, 2. Someone else's application form, 3. some undated T&C's.

A letter has gone out about point 2. Lets see what they come back with.:smile:

Sent my letter 10th May requesting copy of my Agreement - so far zilch received. Have now spoken to them twice on the phone - they said they had sent me a copy of my "application" about a month ago, which I havn't received - spoke again today and they said they would mark another request for the copy as urgent - won't hold my breathe. Feel another Prelim letter coming on for repayment of PPI plus interest, plus all the interest I have ever paid!:D

MBNA are in default of my CCA

they admitted today on the phone that they can't find it - and asked why I wanted it and said that as they couldn't find it they sent me a copy of the terms and conditions instead which is as good as CCA

LOL LOL LOL LOL MBNA

They are going to confirm by post that they can't find it then its time to get information removed from file

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mbna/67778-mbma-abbey-credit-card.html

and said that as they couldn't find it they sent me a copy of the terms and conditions instead which is as good as CCA

mmm, telling lies and deliberately misleading customers - report them to Trading Standards, OFT, FSO and FSA

brill news - once you have it in writing you should be able to have it declared unenforceable at court - or they won't wipe it and they will still pursue you!

Hi redsue,

Looks like your in a similar position that I am in with Morgan Stanley.

MBNA are obviously using the same old excuse of:-

the Consumer Credit (Cancellation Notices and Copies of Documents) Regulations 1983, regulation 3.

Love AC

Hi Angrycat,

I'm also dealing with Morgan Stanley. I've been searching all over the internet for a copy of the Cancellation Notices and Copies of Documents Regs, but all I can find is later Regs that say "These Regs amend the 1983 Regs" Could you point me in the direction of where I might be able to find a copy of them?

Thanks

Nicklea

• 2 weeks later...

Take a look at the latest posts on my thread...

Mines being going since 2/1/07!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mbna/97485-mbna-cca-received-5-a-2.html

Barclays :- Settled March 07:o

RBS:- Acct Discharged May 07 :o (chase for more and CRA deletion???):confused:

Barclaycard: - CCA recieved 24/1/07. WOW! :o (GITS!!!) :-|

Could I just ask a quick question here as I read your thread with interest. If credit card companies cannot provide a copy of the original signed credit agreement form (application form generally) are you telling me that they cannot enforce the debt and have to write it off???

Unless they can supply a true copy of the original agreement, including all the prescribed terms plus the terms and conditions which where relevant when the agreement began - they can only have the debt enforced through the courts.

I recommend you swot up on this area there is lots of info on this site.

Unless they can supply a true copy of the original agreement, including all the prescribed terms plus the terms and conditions which where relevant when the agreement began - they can only have the debt enforced through the courts.

I recommend you swot up on this area there is lots of info on this site.

Just a note of correction;

Unless they can supply a true copy of the original agreement, including all the prescribed terms plus the terms and conditions which where relevant when the agreement began they cannot enforce the debt at all. If only one of the prescribed terms are missing then it is unenforceable. The courts are not allowed to enforce it by statute.

If they can supply a true copy of the original agreement, which includes all the prescribed terms but not the terms and conditions which where relevant when the agreement began then they can only enforce agreement through the court.

Uneforceable means they cannot apply interest to the account, cannot force payment, cannot lawfully send default etc information to CRA's and they cannot lawfully default you.

You may receive different advice to your query as people have different experiences and opinions. Please use your own judgement in deciding whose advice to take.

If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional. Any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability.

If you think I have been helpful PLEASE click the scales

court bundles for dummies

Hi Sue,

Any response from TS or MBNA yet? I'm doing the same with MBNA - I liked your strategy. They have till next Friday to respond. I have received one letter from them though telling me they're increasing interest rate and the minimum repayment to 5% quoting various terms and conditions in my agreement........only problem is they haven't provided me with any agreement at all !!:p

You may receive different advice to your query as people have different experiences and opinions. Please use your own judgement in deciding whose advice to take.

If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional. Any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability.

If you think I have been helpful PLEASE click the scales

court bundles for dummies

hey phantom - pretty much like the rubbish they sent me - totally unenforceable - no t&cs, no apr and no credit limit

also if its illegible - then they still haven't complied - they are still in default

did you complain to TS?

I complained back in April to TS when MBNA entered into criminal default, it took MBNA until now to send me this due to my complaint to TS at the time.

I only got this in the post yesterday, so haven't done too much

I am about to compose a reply to them, but will most likely have to send that twice once I get the same rubbish from LINK

After all MBNA has long sold the debt and Link is also in criminal default,, so no doubt they will send me the same once they get their copy from MBNA>

Makes your eyes water

What they sent me was this application form, and a generic credit agreement

(no signatures, no names, no nothing, from last year, as the penalty charges amount already shows £12.- , not the £25.- or so it was when I took the card in the 1990s.) plus some recent T&Cs

I intend to send them a slightly amended letter similar to the one posted in

Zubos' Resources workshop, post 16

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/consumer-forums-website-questions/79147-consumer-credit-act-resources.html#post698228

But I won't invite them to send me something else. I just thank tem for sending me what they perceive as the agreement aas it is totally unenforceable in court or something like that :razz:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

they are still playing slilly buggers and I've put my POC together and I'm going to take them to court to

a) reclaim charges, interest etc added to account whilst in default of s78

b) have agreement deemed unenforceable

c) non compliance of S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)

d) wipe incorrect/unlawful data from credit references

I'm sick of these numpties and their unlawful practices

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

hi redsue ,

have got to the same position as you and wondering if i could have a copy of you poc.

your help would be great.

i have had the same letters and they are now refusing to enter into any more correspondance.

Hiya Red

just thought I'd pop in to say hello.......

so "HELLO"

rgds

Dave

** We would not seek a battle as we are, yet as we are, we say we will not shun it. (Henry V) **

see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,

Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:

Follow your spirit; and, upon this charge

Cry 'God for Harry! England and Saint George!'

:D If you think I have helped, informed, or amused you do the clickey scaley thing !! :D

Hi Redsue,

I am in the same position and any help that you can give with POC would be greatly appreciated. MBNA keep phoning and when I told them that I would be reporting them for telephone harrassment, they told me that I could not do that! I told them that I would only deal with them in writing at which point a Mr. John Harvey told me that they did not deal with letters as they were an internet company. I remarked that this was surprising as they had sent me quite a few letters to which he replied, "Don't get smart with me." I put the phone down. I am now angry enough at this rudeness to take this further. So if you can help with the next step as I am not sure of the procedure.

Thanks

Karlatudor