Unloading single yellow line Wood Green Outer CPZ appeal rejected

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6194 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Would anyone be able to assist please. I was parked on a single yellow line in Wood Green for all of 10minutes (may have been less) whilst delivering bathroom supplies to a house I was renovating. I contested the PCN and sent a delivery note which they requested and have received a notice of rejection which states:

'We have rejected your representation because - the Parking Attendant observed your vehicle parked at 9.01 am on a Single Yellow Line opposite 15 Bradley Road N22 during the operational hours of the Wood Green Outer Controlled Parking Zone.

I have carefully considered what you have said but would advise that the Wood Green Outer CPZ hours of restriction came into force in September 1994, and the Yellow Lines are restricted as per the operating hours of the CPZ. The hours of restrictions are 08.00am to 6.30pm, Monday to Saturday and are displayed as you entire the Wood Green Outer CPZ. Because of this, I cannot cancel the parking ticket.'

I now have the option of paying the PCN or appeal to the adjudicator. I have read previous threads regarding loading/unloading, which are all too complicated for me I'm afraid!

Do I pay up or battle on?

Many Thanks

Do I pay up or battle on?

Many Thanks

Battle on!

Loading and unloading is open to discretion regarding time observed. What if you were unloaded and were delivering to a shop in a pedestrian area - it might take you a good couple of minutes to walk, then again to return. You might have to walk slowly, and even pause on occasions, if the items are bulky or heavy. The shop may be closed and it takes time for the owner to unlock de-activate the alarm system and then release the shutters. Or again, you might be delivering to the 15th floor of an office complex, and have to use the stairs.

On some things I am very knowledgeable, on other things I am stupid. Trouble is, sometimes I discover that the former is the latter or vice versa, and I don't know this until later - maybe even much later. Read anything I write with the above in mind.

Single & double yellow lines (with no kerb chevrons) - loading is unrestricted before 11AM - subject to 20 minute rule 11AM - 6PM

appeal to PATAS you have nothing to lose - ask for a personal hearing if you can be bothered & you will benefit from being able to argue your case more fully

check PATAS key cases for full sp on loading / unloading legalities- especially read Jane Flowers cases

once you win ask for costs against Haringey for vexatiously refusing a perfectly reasonable appeal.

best of luck!

Thank you Reycler. I am going to appeal to the Adjudicator. Is there documentation that I can quote regarding 'loading being unrestricted before 11am'. Many Thanks

No, because it's nonsense.

You can only find out if what loading restrictions exist from the signage and/or TRO

Ok every Traffic Order contains the same rules essentially.

When you put in your PATAS appeal - write seperately to Haringey (but enclose a copy to PATAS) asking for disclosure under civil procedure rules (cant remember which one) of the relevant Traffic Order & make sure you ask for the articles / exemptions relevant to loading as these amy be contained in an add on which covers the whole borough.

Have a look at Haringeys advice - although they seem to contaradict themselves somewhat

& PAt Davies - ive won several hundred parking ticket appeals over 10 years running a business & i really DO know what im talking about as all were / are related to loading unloading.

only worry about signage IF there are chevrons on the kerb -

1 chevron = restrictions on loading less than 23/24 hours - there will be a timeplate sign accompanying the chevrons to indicate what the time restrictions are.

2 chevrons means no loading anytime more than 23/24 hours && therefore assume you cannot load there ever.

The 11 O'clock rule is in every Traffic Order ive ever seen - & interestingly last week the London Councils announced they intend to reform the whole loading scenario & will soon allow 40 mins for loading

btw i find asking for the traffic order can be enough for the council to decide to not contest your appeal - but if you get your hands on the relevant traffic order try & put it online here as these things are very usefull to base your appeals upon!