J Sutcliffe Solicitors - Clydesdale

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6168 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HELP ............. !!! Any one know of this company. Major hassle from them ..Hubby and I got into debt many years ago. Clydesdale Bank kindly ' offered ' to merge our 2 credit cards ( £17,000 ) !! Over the years I have reduced it to £8000. Its been tough but with mortgage increases etc I have been struggling to meet the £200.per month payment. They are now going to recomment to clydesdale that they take me to court for the balance !!!!! I have been waiting for months for statements for this account so I can claim charges back ........... STILL WAITING !!! What do I do next I don't want a CCJ against us:?

I am going to reduce my payment to clydesdale anyway , as too much pressure with other bills etc. £200 alot just now Waiting on statements from clydesdale for mastercard and loan. Seems they will take your money unlawfully but don't like returning it !!! Sutcliffe don't hesitate on taking you to court. They did it to my husband a few years ago re his clydesdale account. ( no ccj's show up though ????

Certainly going to write to OFT................:)

I am going to reduce my payment to clydesdale anyway , as too much pressure with other bills etc. £200 alot just now Waiting on statements from clydesdale for mastercard and loan. Seems they will take your money unlawfully but don't like returning it !!! Sutcliffe don't hesitate on taking you to court. They did it to my husband a few years ago re his clydesdale account. ( no ccj's show up though ????

Certainly going to write to OFT................:)

Sutcliffes seem to be YB/CB's bully boys, they will phone and pressure you, they will talk to you like you are back at school being told off by a teacher. Just remember they are only people like you, if they talk to you in a disrespectful/degrading way tell them, tell them you will not be spoken to like that and that you are going to report them if they carry on for harrasment.

If you are struggling financially, have you thought about speaking to CCCS (Consumer Credit Councelling Service), they are great and can help with either just good advice or ways to manage your debts, they also carry a fair deal of weight with creditors and the courts

My YB account: S.A.R. 11/10/06: Prelim 09/02/07: LBA 17/02/07

Wifes YB account: S.A.R. 11/10/06: Prelim 23/11/06: LBA 27/11/06: Offer Rejection 17/12/06: MCOL 09/02/07

Joint YB account: S.A.R. 11/10/06: Prelim 09/02/07: LBA 17/02/07

My FD account: Settled

Wifes FD account: Settled

Complain to the Information Commissioners Office that the bank have not complied with your SAR. I spoke to someone who deals with SAR's who told me they only send info on accounts that have statements, and as they don't send statements for loans they don't have to send anything which is absolute twaddle.

You could send an LBA to the bank for non-compliance with a SAR.http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/6986-data-protection-act-non.html

Check this out in the debt forum. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

Tell Sutcliffes that you dispute the amount of the debt and they should not take action against you until the dispute is resolved.

Send a letter to Sutcliffes to get them to stop harassing you by phone. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/37006-harassment-telephone-response-letter.html

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 2 weeks later...

i had loads of letters of sutcliffe's and when i rang them and told them that i didnt owe anything it was all illigal charges put on my account and was taking yb to court over them thy were quick to back down an say best just leave this open and file it i was quite shocked at there turn around in attitude

:-x

Hi , That makes sense......... I wrote to them telling them I was reducing my payments and that I was still waiting on my statements to claim unfair charges. Surprised that I hadn't heard from them. I have also written to the clydesdale ( recorded delivery) asking for sutcliffes consumer credit licence number ???

Wonder if my statements will arrive now ????? :p :p

you will get your statements right at the last min knowing YB they always do. But i had had loads of the letters of sutcliffes and did what every headless chicken does in that situation and buried my head and stuffed them in a drawer but the more I read and found out the more confident I got and the day I spoke to them was in a bad mood (im 38 and a woman lol) And I told them that they wouldnt get a penny of me cause I didnt owe it took control and I really couldnt believe it its worth your while brushing up on what balliffs etc can and cant do aswell had fun with them to go to citizens advice and ask them for a fact sheet its good to get organisations like them pray on the vunrable and uninformed using bully boy tactics like in a playground at school we were told stand up to them and they soon back down it is so true know your rights and tell them its a real buzz even if you are shaking on the inside at the time the confidence boost afterwards is great you go get them and get your money back its yours by right my date in court is 7th sept an i wish you strenth and luck and feel free to ask me anythhing along the way my thread is conalot v yorkshire bank

jeanette:D

I feel so much stronger since using this site. Before I was like yourself ,

ignoring the letters and phone calls etc but if you stand up to these people it works !!!! Now I feel I have the upper hand. Getting paperwork for a good few companies who over the years have taken charges unlawfully !!!! Just waiting on my statements , I have been since March ?? I have reported them and all I can do now is wait. I sent £1 postal order asking for CCA and also stating NO Statements had been rec'd , so its a waiting game now.................

Going my hols next week , hopefully there might be a nice fat cheque from one of the companies I am claiming from. ha ha........... :p

:mad: Yet again. ANOTHER demand letter from sutcliffs. Wrote to clydesdale and sutcliffe telling them of my new payment amount. Obviously this just goes OVER their heads............................ My bank still made my original £200 this month ( forgot to cancel standing payment through bank ) !!!! ahhhhhhhhhh :shock: I could kick myself. but on the other hand the account is now £20 over. Told clydesdale £20.00 payments per week will start beginning of augustb ( maybe by that time I mihjt have rec't statements ???? Won't hold my breath.. :p

:mad: OK folks, Sutcliffes eh? I had dealings with them a couple of years ago, I know I missed a couple of payments with them and was "fined" as a consequence. I know longer have any paperwork from them. Do you think it is worth me writing to them to ask for this money back? I was in such a state at the time I was dealing with them, I was in tears when I was trying to work out a payment plan. I am very, very bitter about what we were put through and it seems lots of others are still going through the same pressure. It is about time the Goverment stopped sitting on the fence and told the banks to stop imposing fines on people who just cant keep up with their charges.

Phew! steps down from soap box

Hi

I am going to wait and see the response from the clydesdale. :confused: If they won't accept ' new ' figure then I would go to the citizens advice. Our mortgage payments have gone up nearly £200 per month since fixed deal expired leaving our finances slightly stretched............. and just heard more rises on the way !!!! :mad:

:) hello Jake44, please take advice from someone who did not take advice and lived to regret it, me! I would go to the citizens advice now, the sooner the better, they are very good and you will be able to sort out your payments officially, you may be suprised at what low payments they come up with. They come up with realistic sums. Hils