A & L Charges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6564 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks to anyone who answered my query about the spreadsheets.

Can anyone advise me if I should claim or not for the monthly overdraft charges? I'm about to send the letter requesting repayment, and I don't want to include these if they're legal.

Moira

If there a monthly fee you've agreed to pay for them to provide you with an authorised overdraft facility, then they're not a penalty charge. If you mean something else please give further details.

Oh, and good luck with your claim. Please tell your friends and colleagues about us.

Thanks Seminole for your reply - I'll take the monthly fees out of tje spreadsheet - it was just that I thought I'd remembered seeing advice to include them on Martin Lewis's website. But I could have been having a Senior Moment!

Moira

I'm still puzzled about these. I'd always assumed that they were a fixed monthly charge for use of the overdraft facility. however, on looking at my records as a whole, I'm not so sure. I get charged in retrospect for each set period. From 2000 to 2003,where there were no "transgressions" the charge was £8. 1 or 2 slips brought it to £10, and more to up to £25. This was on top of Failed Direct Debit Charges, etc. What is really confusing is that I was charged £10 or £25 several times for periods when the records show no bounced payments.

In 2003 the basic charge seemed to drop to £5 per month, but the £25 penalty remained

When I asked the girl at A & L about this she said the £25 would relate to failed transactions, but she could not tell me what the Monthly Overdraft Charge was for any of the years which I am checking, so that makes it difficult to assess what proportion, if any, is punitive.

Advice please, before I submit my claim.

Moira