Dolphin939 V's Halifax ###won!###

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6188 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guess what, when halifax refunded my charges 5635.05, they took the 2175.00 out so called interest on a loan i never had, they put it back the same day, just been on online banking and the stupid sods have refunded the 2175.00 theyre mistake, ive transferred it to nationwide lol x

You mean you ladies have ......................... ?

I don't believe that you did!

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

£11,136.33 paid back thus far.

New claim issued: 9/07/2007 for 3rd account: £500+ PRESSING ON!

Don't forget - when you win - a donation to CAG would be welcome!

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

I do..... & too right too, good for you girls.

--------------------------------

If you approve of my Post, please tip my scales.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

Any advice or opinion I give, is what I have learnt from CAG, If in doubt, please consult a professional.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The fact they have overpaid you by £2,175.00 you can almost gaurentee they will notice.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

You need to be very careful here. If you receive a payment that you know you are not entitled to, you are obliged to bring it to the attention of the bank. The only thing you can do is benefit from ownership in the interim. You must contact them and say what has happened and ask them to let you know how it should be repaid. Until they let you know, you are entitled to keep but not use the money. Do not spend it as it will have to be repaid and in a lump sum.

Whilst the bank have been very stupid, they do still have the right to demand immediate and full payment. There are many stories of this happening but the legal advice is always the same. You need to do as much as is necessary to alert them to what has happened. After that it is their responsibility to contact you to sort out how to repay it.

I would recommend a letter by recorded delivery and then simply wait to see how they respond. If you no longer have the money in the account you will need to make sure they are told they do not have your permission to withdraw direct from the account. If they respond and inevitably ask for immediate repayment you should ask them where to send the cheque if that is not in their reply.

• Haha 1

You are getting good advice here Dolphin.

You need to be aware how serious this is. If you spend it, you have to pay it back!

If it is in another account, then let it just sit there until it is sorted out.

F&Q's... Read here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

You do realise by keeping the money its threft?

Dishonestly retaining a wrongful credit. 2. - (1) After section 24 of the Theft Act 1968 insert-

"Dishonestly retaining a wrongful credit. 24A. - (1) A person is guilty of an offence if-

amdt-col.gif

(a) a wrongful credit has been made to an account kept by him or in respect of which he has any right or interest;

(b) he knows or believes that the credit is wrongful; and

© he dishonestly fails to take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to secure that the credit is cancelled.

nope... give it back.

if you do not, you have stolen it.

this course of action is very dishonest.

my advice would be ring them first thing tomorrow... you have taken the money out of the account, this puts you on very dodgy ground.

Hey guess what, when halifax refunded my charges 5635.05, they took the 2175.00 out so called interest on a loan i never had, they put it back the same day, just been on online banking and the stupid sods have refunded the 2175.00 theyre mistake, ive transferred it to nationwide lol x

I will keep it in another account until they realise their mistake, x

Ok, you have asked and we have given you the answer. Not a best guess, not a collective group concensus, we have given you the legal answer what the law states. Asking around the site will not change the legalities of this matter.

Ignorance of the law is not a defence.

Also just for your information, This site is subject to the Data Protection Act therefore we would have to supply information if its requested using S.A.R - (Subject Access Request).

So if for example the bank or police asked us to provide posts regarding this matter we would have to comply.

From your posts and indeed others including this one now it is quite clear that you are aware that the credit is a wrongful one.

So your now have:

Dishonestly retaining a wrongful credit. 2. - (1) After section 24 of the Theft Act 1968 insert-

"Dishonestly retaining a wrongful credit. 24A. - (1) A person is guilty of an offence if-

amdt-col.gif

• (a) a wrongful credit has been made to an account kept by him or in respect of which he has any right or interest;

• (b) he knows or believes that the credit is wrongful; and

• © he dishonestly fails to take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to secure that the credit is cancelled.

I hope I am being quite clear regarding this matter, I again strongly advise you to inform the bank of their error and return the money.

Thank you.

Well well well,

I dont know what I would do in that sitiuation, Its actually quite scary when you have read the words "theft and Stolen and Fraud all in one paragraph.!!

[COLOR=royalblue]Halifax......WON 16/7/07 :D [/COLOR] [COLOR=red]Nationwide...WON 16/7/07 :D [/COLOR] [CENTER][URL="http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/sections187and45/"][B][SIZE=4]Please sign this Downing Street petition on Bank Charges and Benefits[/SIZE][/B][/URL][/CENTER]

Its easy....

The money isnt yours and you need to inform the bank in the morning.

F&Q's... Read here

Hi Dolphin, yes please do ring them. If I hadn't seen it, I wouldn't have realised myself. I'm just glad that there are people here that know much more than ourselves, & can always advise us of the legalities, & steer us in the right direction.

--------------------------------

If you approve of my Post, please tip my scales.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

Any advice or opinion I give, is what I have learnt from CAG, If in doubt, please consult a professional.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Dolphin

Please listen to the advice here, you will get into trouble keeping it. They will find out. Do the right thing and hand it back.

Uk

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers