BEWARE! Royal Mail "Recorded Delivery"

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6153 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It's a tricky one to call. Despite what RM say, as you know, chances are it probably has been delivered. However, you have evidence to suggest to the contrary. It is entirely your decision what to do - the best bet may well be to resend the LBA, but give them a 7 day deadline as opposed to 14.

This time don't use Recorded Delivery - just put an ordinary First Class stamp on the envelope and in 7 days file the court claim (unless they settle in full of course).

• Haha 1

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HI sirbobalot,

Why don't you just not advise the bank of your change of address till everything is sorted out and just use the Post Office redirection service in the meantime. At least this way, it won't give them any excuses.

Yeah I will do that when I move but u know what they can be like, anything to make you wait that bit longer!

Looks like I'll be resending lba today then. This claim is on behalf of my partner, am doing my own with cap one, filed claim against them last week, as least they respond to you! Halifax are an absolute joke!

Will start a thread for this one when there's anything to report.

Good on you!

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

£11,136.33 paid back thus far.

New claim issued: 9/07/2007 for 3rd account: £500+ PRESSING ON!

Don't forget - when you win - a donation to CAG would be welcome!

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

Just heard back from Royal Mail Track Back Complaints Dept (Portsmouth).

They have returned my Complaint form due to the fact that the ORIGINAL proof of posting had not been enclosed.

I had sent a nicely-arranged 1 photocopy sheet showing both sides of the orange labels.

JOBSWORTH!!!!!!!!!!

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

Hi Dusary,

Just thought I'd let you know that I had 2 items of recorded delivery just posted through the letter box a couple of days ago( not claim related-from E bay)- the postie didn't even bother to knock. What the hell is the point of paying extra for a signature.If I was that way inclined I could say that I never received them!!! But I won't.

Funny, I DID get a Signed For yesterday (also for ebay) and the postie got me out of my bath to sign for it!!!!!!!

They have returned my Complant form due to the fact that the ORIGINAL proof of posting had not been enclosed.

Oh, thanks for that, will make sure I send the original with my claim. Do you think I should send it by "recorded delivery"? (*Falls off chair laughing*) :D

Gracias a la vida - Thanks to life

Oh, thanks for that, will make sure I send the original with my claim. Do you think I should send it by "recorded delivery"? (*Falls off chair laughing*) :D

REGISTERED!

Just picked myself up off the floor!

Well recieved response from lba, 4 days late but hey better late than never, funny though when I spoke to royal mail they said it hadn't been delivered, and no items were signed for in bulk, all had to be individually signed for, obviously this isn't true as it is the only explanation I can think of for my letter showing as though it wasn't delivered!

...... and no items were signed for in bulk, all had to be individually signed for, obviously this isn't true .....

That's NOT what Royal Mail told me!

They categorically stated (with regards to the Registered Posts I had sent which only had a scrawl of initials, no name printed out, and no time filled in) that their postie didn't have the time to stand and wait around in the mail room for individual filling in of forms - especially NOT at Trinity Road, Halifax!!!!

Obviously a corporate slip of the tongue Dusary. I'm sure RM don't want it getting out that they cannot deliver (pun fully intended) on their premium products ;)

• 04/04/07 - £104 exit fee refund - Portman BS
  • Halifax Current a/c 20yr (closed) - in progress - all 20 years statements recovered!
  • Halifax Platinum Card 15 yr - Court Action Commenced - all 15 years statements recovered!
  • A&L Current a/c - You're next..

Write to your MP and

COMPLAIN about the ANTI-CONSUMER way in which the OFT Test Case is being handled!

I haven't trusted RM for quite a long time, & that was due to important letters going missing, & never found, & I must say that after their performance lately, & I don't think I ever will again.

--------------------------------

If you approve of my Post, please tip my scales.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

Any advice or opinion I give, is what I have learnt from CAG, If in doubt, please consult a professional.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Correct approach, IMHO

Items that are sent to place like banks by recorde d/signed for are bulk signed e.g they sign that there 132 recorded delivery items .

Yet the same receipt that you get when you send one of these items states that these are ideal foe items that you need to prove were delivered.

Now to me that is against trades description or is it breach of contract ?

Interesting question there!

Maybe it's something that we should REALLY take up on CAG.

(Unless someone already has!)

But, don't ask me to do it - not until I get all my dosh back!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-bank-bank-scotland/81108-dusary-bank-scotland.html?highlight=dusary+v+hbos

I'm nearly there!

I totally agree. The RM are clearly misrepresenting their products' benefits.

• Halifax Current a/c 20yr (closed) - in progress - all 20 years statements recovered!
  • Halifax Platinum Card 15 yr - Court Action Commenced - all 15 years statements recovered!

Write to your MP and

COMPLAIN about the ANTI-CONSUMER way in which the OFT Test Case is being handled!

Items that are sent to place like banks by recorde d/signed for are bulk signed e.g they sign that there 132 recorded delivery items .

Yet the same receipt that you get when you send one of these items states that these are ideal foe items that you need to prove were delivered.

Now to me that is against trades description or is it breach of contract ?

Not sure I get your point. If the item is signed for in bulk with other items, then it has still been signed for which is what you have paid for - how many other items were delivered to the same place is irrelevant. Not sure what this has to do with trades description?

And there can be no breach of contract if there is no contract in place to begin with.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

I'd have thought it was perfectly clear.

Royal Mail states that the item will be signed for.

That enables the poster to check for proof of delivery.

When one of these comes to my door - I have to sign, print my name and fill in the *time* box.

The REAL question is:

"Why does Royal Mail bend the rules and allow their postie to accept ONE signature for 135 items -

an unfilled-in *print name* box -

and an unfilled-in *time* box?

Surely that is either flaunting the Trades Description Act - in that they are not complying with the terms of the purchase of the product?

OR:

Customer pays for a particular service which the vedor does not serve correctly - Breach of Contract, I'd say!

However, the initial point still remains, I feel:

SEND EVERYTHING REGISTERED

if you want to feel safe.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/100117-how-long-before-recorded.html?highlight=recorded+delivery

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/98771-recorded-delivery-problem.html?highlight=recorded+delivery

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/93169-recorded-delivery-lba.html?highlight=recorded+delivery

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/73537-send-recorded-delivery-actually.html?highlight=recorded+delivery

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/first-direct/80939-letter-via-recorded-delivery.html?highlight=recorded+delivery

Maybe the *Proof of Posting* (free) is the route to take - but, for my peace of mind, I'm continuing to send every single damn letter to HBOSplc by REGISTERED post!

Given my experiences with BoS and on several occassions- Royl Mail, I am now seriously considering this approach.

I have been caught out by Royal Mail in the past, and obviously by the banks, so anything I can do to put my mind at ease is cool with me!!!8)

For my 2 penneth I would send the SAR special delivery and the Prelim and LBA by normall post

Whatever I post is my opinion and should be taken as such, an opinion. While it is what I believe and is offered in good faith, it should not be taken as a statement of truth

Fair enough - your choice.

But for quite a number of us other CAGERS - we feel safer coughing up the extra dosh!

Agree. Whilst I'm sure 99% of mail gets through and responded to - everyone has clearly established that the banks are not entities to be trusted and are prepared to do anything to confuse, mislead and delay.

Even though letters can be deemed delivered even if claimed not received, having such an audit trail helps protect from this behaviour by the removal of doubt.

Write to your MP and

I'm becoming more concerned abou getting caught up in that 1% at a crucial time.

I know the Royal Mail try really hard, but they have a bit to go, although they are trying to get there. I noticed I could claim the fee back if at court stage. Small price for piece of mind!

I'd have thought it was perfectly clear.

Royal Mail states that the item will be signed for.

That enables the poster to check for proof of delivery.

When one of these comes to my door - I have to sign, print my name and fill in the *time* box.

The REAL question is:

"Why does Royal Mail bend the rules and allow their postie to accept ONE signature for 135 items -

an unfilled-in *print name* box -

and an unfilled-in *time* box?

Surely that is either flaunting the Trades Description Act - in that they are not complying with the terms of the purchase of the product?

OR:

Customer pays for a particular service which the vedor does not serve correctly - Breach of Contract, I'd say!

However, the initial point still remains, I feel:

SEND EVERYTHING REGISTERED

if you want to feel safe.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/100117-how-long-before-recorded.html?highlight=recorded+delivery

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/98771-recorded-delivery-problem.html?highlight=recorded+delivery

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/93169-recorded-delivery-lba.html?highlight=recorded+delivery

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/73537-send-recorded-delivery-actually.html?highlight=recorded+delivery

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/first-direct/80939-letter-via-recorded-delivery.html?highlight=recorded+delivery

Maybe the *Proof of Posting* (free) is the route to take - but, for my peace of mind, I'm continuing to send every single damn letter to HBOSplc by REGISTERED post!

You pay for the item to be signed for. The fact that 134 other items are signed for at the same time is irrelevant - your item has still been signed for. This is not bending the rules nor is it misrepresentation by Royal Mail. I agree the name and time should be completed and would complain if they weren't but remember you are paying for a signature, not a name or time.

Again, there can be no breach of contract as it is not a contractual service!

As for using 'registered' post I have no idea what you're on about - there has been no registered post service in this country for donkeys years - you must mean either recorded or special delivery.

Isiris is spot on - use ordinary First Class mail for LBA and prelim - there is absolutely no reason to use anything else - and use Special Delivery (or chance it with Recorded) for sending a SAR.