Natwest Mortgage

kandas
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6566 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I cannot find any threads on early redemption charges or release of deed charges. Natwest wants to charge me in excess of 200 to release my electronic deeds. Not sure how it amounts to this especially when I hold the deeds to the house.

Can anyone help??

Hi Kandas

I havn't seen any such threads either but I suspect it is a totally new and seperate topic area. I'm a bit confused as to how you have the paper deeds if you had a NatWest mortgage, as these are usually lodged with the lender (ie the true legal owner of the property).

It is quite usual for a charge to be applied upon release of the deeds but £200 + does sound steep. What does your conveyancing solicitor say. This should be part of his/her job.

As for early redemption penalties, don't even get me started............:eek: I got badly stung last year when I needed to remortgage but had been sold a self cert product, that they stopped offering 6months later, meaning Miss self employed couldn't get another penny out of them. I had to remortgage with another lender and paid 2k in early redemption. Argghhhhh!!!!

No flexibility at all.

Others will probably come in on this thread and offer advice but I think your solicitor should have a word about the e deed.

Kate:)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

08/06/2006 DPA Letter Sent NW Adv Gold £2513.08

08/06/2006 DPA Letter Sent NW Gold Mastercard £unknown

08/06/2006 DPA Letter Sent NW Business Acc £unknown

08/06/2006 DPA Letter Sent Virgin Card £unknown

08/06/2006 DPA Letter Sent Morgan Stanley £unknown

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Despite being a trainee legal executive Kate has absolutely no professional basis to offer legal advice and if unsure you should always seek qualified, insured legal advice!

________________________________________________________________________________________

POWER TO THE LITTLE PEOPLE!

I cannot find any threads on early redemption charges or release of deed charges. Natwest wants to charge me in excess of 200 to release my electronic deeds. Not sure how it amounts to this especially when I hold the deeds to the house.

There are a few threads on the subject. Try this one:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=8885

Also search for 'redemption' using the search facility to find others.

I'm a bit confused as to how you have the paper deeds if you had a NatWest mortgage, as these are usually lodged with the lender

It's becoming more and more common that lenders don't hold the title deeds anymore. I have mine and I know of others who do. Probably just another way to save money and increase profits as they don't need storage facilities.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Thanks for that thread B.......you've just changed my life yet again!!

I can't believe people have been succesfully getting these fees back. My manager even admitted to me at the time that he'd sold me a c*** product but that his hands were tied. I paid £2000!

I'm going to owe you guys a fortune when I get all this back! Thank you thank you thank you!!

says she hurtling off to office to find all the mortgage info!!!

I Bl**dy love this site!

Kate (rather happy as you might of guessed):p

sorry kandas, i'll stop hijacking your thread with my party. good luck.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

08/06/2006 DPA Letter Sent NW Adv Gold £2513.08

08/06/2006 DPA Letter Sent NW Gold Mastercard £unknown

08/06/2006 DPA Letter Sent NW Business Acc £unknown

08/06/2006 DPA Letter Sent Virgin Card £unknown

08/06/2006 DPA Letter Sent Morgan Stanley £unknown

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Despite being a trainee legal executive Kate has absolutely no professional basis to offer legal advice and if unsure you should always seek qualified, insured legal advice!

________________________________________________________________________________________

POWER TO THE LITTLE PEOPLE!