Barclays CLOSING down ALL Woolwich OPENPLAN Accounts!

rajeshk4u
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6218 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Woolwich customers know that Barclays owns the Woolwich, but I don't know if people are aware that Barclays is going to close down Woolwich banks accounts and replace them with inferior Barclays Bank Accounts.

My favourite bank account is Woolwich's OpenPlan account, which is a combined Current and Savings Accounts. And the feature that I like the most about the Open Plan is the Sweeping. It automatically sweeps money in or out of the Current Account. If I have too much money in the Current Account it moves it automatically into your Saving account to get max interest. And vice versa if the money is too short in my Current Account and if you get a direct debit and there are not sufficient funds, it moves money from the Saving Account into the current account. This way you get the best interest rate, plus you are safe in the knowlege that you will not go overdrawn.

The Open Plan account is one of the best accounts on the High Street, so I am really confused why Barclays such a great account.

Barclays want to close the OpenPlan account and replace it with two separate bank and savings account. It is a headache for me, as in the future, I will have to manage two accounts manually, making sure there is enough money in the Current Account for direct debits or transfering out to the savings if there is too much in the current account. With Woolwich's open plan it is all automatic.

The change over date is 22 July 2007.

Is there a online petition someone?

I honestly don't think that any online petition will influence Barclays to alter it's compass bearing on this, on absorbing Woolwich, consideration would have already been given to the impact of removing the Sweep feature account and I suspect that any customers ringing to query this will be targetted for a hard sell of existing alternative Barclay accounts.

3 Active Claims:

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Sole account) - Applied to lift court ordered Stay

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) - Awaiting court date

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) Pre-6 yrs- LBA sent.

3 Wins :

Barclays t/a The Woolwich (Data Protection Act breach costs & compliance)

HSBC (on behalf of brother)

Settled Out of Court - £3,874.76

Alliance & Leicester (on behalf of friend)

Settled Out of Court - £723.41