Reduced Payments / Can i reclaim?

RussH
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5554 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello Everyone

I recently wrote to all my creditors asking them to accept reduced payments, etc etc.

Capital One to whom i owe the least amount, recently sent me a letter accepting my offer of payment of just over £7 per month. This suits me perfectly

. I have a credit limit of £800 and my balance is currently approx. £900

. When i checked my statements i have worked out that they have charged me nearly £300 in overlimit and late payment charges.

My question is should i go ahead and reclaim these charges, given that they have agreed to accept my reduced payments to them?

These charges are a huge chunk of the debt i owe them.

Also, assuming i went ahead and reclaimed is it likely that they will take retaliatory action by cancelling my reduced payments agreement??

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hi Russ.

I would send in an S.A.R. for your data they have. You will probably have a good few charges there. If you claim back Contractual interest as well, you could wipe a fair portion of that debt off, or finish it altogether. Have they Defaulted you by accepting reduced payments?..

Uk

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

No S.A.R. required really as i have every single statement since i opened the account. As far as defaulting me by accepting reduced payments, there was no mention of a default notice in the letter they sent me. Am i ok to go ahead and reclaim you think or are they likely to cancel the reduced payments arrangement?

I would get your spreadsheet ready, add Contractual Interest and see if there is enough to clear the account. I bet your APR is high as well. They don't seem to do that from what i have seen on here in the last 6 months, although you could be the first.

Uk

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Well i think i will go ahead and start my claim - not too sure about contractual interest. I'd be more than happy just to get the charges back. I posted in the hope someone in a similar situation to mine had reclaimed?

• 1 year later...

Hello everyone

Quick overview of my situation:

I entered into a debt repayment plan with my Capital One Credit Card in May 2007 - at the time i owed them just under £900.

Since then i have duly paid them an agreed sum every month as well as a few extra lump sumps whenever i had a bit spare.

At this moment in time i now owe them £300. £280 of this is made up of late payment fees and overlimit fees.

The advice i would like is ..

...'is it worth me claiming these back to reduce my debt to them??

' Bear in mind this is a credit card - no overdraft fees or anything like that.

Any advice on my chances of success would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks

list all the charges, put them on a spreadsheet attach it to the letter in the library, but do this only if you are going to see this through.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/586-credit-store-card-letter.html

I won £5289 heres how

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-bank/40703-saint-luco-natwest.html

ITS NOT WHETHER YOU WON OR LOST, BUT HOW YOU PLAY THE GAME THAT MATTERS. ( OBVIOUSLY A LOSER THEN):D :D :D

• 3 weeks later...