style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6569 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sorry Dave I am loathe to make any suggestions about the site because I know how much work is involved.

A poster a while ago said that he used to visit the site in the early days and has since returned. He commented that he now found it much harder to find the info that he was looking for.

I think with the rapid expansion of members and posts this is true. I know from personal experience that if someone asked a question that I had seen answered in a previous post that I would be able to find it quite quickly and post a link to that thread to guide the poster in the right direction. Now, with the sheer volume of posts, that is much harder. For a newbie to find the answer to a querie on the boards themselves must be quite daunting, even if they are used to self-help forums. Admin and mods are working like mad to answer these queries and I feel realy sorry for them.

Everyone has been encouraged to keep their own threads and post any updates and queries there. This was excellent when the forum was relatively small as it enabled everyone to read stories and keep up with each others timelines.

Has the time come to re-think the structure? In each bank section could we have sub sections for timelines, DPA questions, Prelim questions, LBA questions etc.?

People could tell their story in the timeline section, and post any questions in other sections. This would make it easierfor people to see if their question had already been answered by looking in the relevent section.

Feel free to shoot me down in flames. I don't know how easy this would be to implement; but I have an idea that it will not be a quick job.

No, I agree. In fact, BF and I had a similar conversation the other day.

I will get to it, but at the moment I have no phone or indeed Internet connection in the evenings - and in the day it's my employers connection and I tend to try not to take the p*ss with it!!

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------