Camdenite Vs. Abbey

Camdenite
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5061 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

a gentle bump ;) . Also, does anyone know if Abbey should have submitted a new defence in respect of my ammended claim? Just trying for anything that might get me a strike out:D .

Bumping again. Any thoughts?

Only a week or so to go and still no news concerning a stay. I expect them to send someone to the hearing to request it though.

Hello trouble, ~I am not sre, was the revised POC significantly different? if not then I am not sure that it would matter that much, but as I say - I am not sure, i would still go for the abuse of process anyway, but look on srfrench thread for tips on how to argue against the stay, which is what they are going to ask for anyway :-)

Hope this helps matey

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

No worries. I was only joking.

Just been reading the back end of it and it sounds reasonably encouraging IF you have a clear legal mind and a thorough grasp on these things. I'm no doofus (really) but I don't think I'd be able to argue the case against a stay in a clear & coherent way.

My guess is that Abbey will show up on Friday and then I'll have to argue the case with the judge as to why it shouldn't be granted. Am I right in thinking that I then have up to seven days to contest it in writing if I wish? Or was that peculiar to someone else's thread I read?

Thanks. Have just sent a PM. A thought just occured to me. Abbey don't have to request a stay at the Preliminary Hearing stage do they? They could see if the judge sets a Full Hearing date before applying for one couldn't they?

Technically, they should apply previously on a form and pay a fee, it seems that alot of the courts are letting them apply on the day. :mad:

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

no, I mean that they have to apply prior to ANY hearing, but they are just turning up on the day and requesting and still, in some cases, you will turn up for court and find that they have applied for the stay

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

OK. That's interesting. As mentioned, I've still not heard a word from Abbey or the Coourt regarding the stay. Let's just suppose they don't send anyone on Friday, then what should I be armed with in order for the judge to strike out the defence?

Just back. It's been stayed, as we all suspected. No sign of anyone there from Abbey, but The judge wouldn't accept my reasons for a strike out. Hewas pretty reasonable about it. Hands tied by the High Court recommendations that ALL cases are stayed etc.

The one thing that he did put on the Order though, is that:

"The claimaint shall submit a new POC in the form annexed to the Notice of Application which the claimant shall serve upon the defendant by 4pm on the 21st September".

Any ideas why I should be asked to submit a new POC. Ironically, my orginal POC was submitted along with my ammended claim on the 27th July. the date that the test case was announced. Is there anything I should change in my POC to reflect this?

Any ideas why I should be asked to submit a new POC. Ironically, my orginal POC was submitted along with my ammended claim on the 27th July. the date that the test case was announced. Is there anything I should change in my POC to reflect this?

Any thoughts?

Just back. It's been stayed, as we all suspected. No sign of anyone there from Abbey, but The judge wouldn't accept my reasons for a strike out. Hewas pretty reasonable about it. Hands tied by the High Court recommendations that ALL cases are stayed etc.

The one thing that he did put on the Order though, is that:

"The claimaint shall submit a new POC in the form annexed to the Notice of Application which the claimant shall serve upon the defendant by 4pm on the 21st September".

Don't know, but if the order asks for it then just submit a new one. No need to change anything.

You should seriously think about claiming compound interest on this one IMO. Its being stayed anyway and when the result goes our way in the test case then it'll stand to reason that compound interest is recoverable. Lula's got POC for compound which I'm sure she won't mind e-mailing you if you want to go for it. Go for the lower authorised rate, rather than the 29.9 one.

I would pm him, I know that he is a busy lad and may take a few days to answer :-)

Better late than never! :D

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.