"statutory maximum"

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6213 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Not strictly bank-related, what is the "statutory maximum" summary fine in E+W? £5000 (Level 5) or a higher figure? I have found that it is £5000 in Scotland.

HSBCLloyds TSBcontractual interestNew Tax Creditscoming for you?NTL/Virgin Media

Never give in ... Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy. Churchill, 1941

the criminal justice act 1982 as ammended by the 1991 act sets out the standard scale of maximum fines

level 1 250

level 2 500

level 3 1.000

level 4 2.500

level 5 5.000

the criminal justice act 1982 as ammended by the 1991 act sets out the standard scale of maximum fines

level 1 250

level 2 500

level 3 1.000

level 4 2.500

level 5 5.000

... which is not the question that was asked.

HSBCLloyds TSBcontractual interestNew Tax Creditscoming for you?NTL/Virgin Media

Never give in ... Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy. Churchill, 1941

Thanks. Main reason I asked is that I've been digging through legislation and found a series of offences at the "statutory maximum", apart from one which is specified at level 5, hence the thought that the two amounts may have been different.