• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

maxt2001 v A&L. iwill win!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5553 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi every body, i have been watching the forums on the site quite closely. i started my claim after hearing an interview on Talksport radio. i sent my SAR off on the 12th of March . on the 28th i recieved all of my statements.

i worked out my claim to be £5434 and sent the standard letter requesting this back.

i then got the standard refusal at the end of April along with a leaflet about the time scales that complaints are dealt with.

i promtly wrote back explaining that i would be persuing the claim through the courts and received a confusing letter with an offer of £2079 with aload of rubbish about refunding the difference between the amount of charges for unpaid items actually applied to my account and the amount of charges that would have been applied if the charge had been £12. i duly refused this offer and have now sent my LBA.

i have a question though, by offering me the £12 per item charge are the bank admitting that they are overcharging?

• Haha 1

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

thanks mochamoo, i have already sent off my rejection letter and LBA.

also seasidelady thanks for that. i have read those but i was trying to find somebody that has been paid in the last week or so. i would of thought that with the amount of claims going in to the bank there would be a steady or even heavy flow of payments and cases being settled.

i am only trying to find them to help steady my concerns that i may have missed the boat and the banks have found a way of not paying up.

hiya,

seems like everyone who has made a claim since maybe beginning of april is in the same boat, getting letters from Wragges offering settlements less than claim by a lot. I dont think you have missed the boat cos there is not a lot different with any of our claims than have been previously settled. I know what you mean though at least one claim being successful would be a positive step.

i have a couple of questions and would appreciate any help.

am i better keeping my claim below £5k also if i were to go down this route would i be best to omit fees from the beginning of the 6 year period or the more recent ones?

i havent found a case yet where somebody has gone back and claimed twice on the same account because they somehow forgot to include some of the thefts from their account

i have just been looking on the spread sheet that shows the successful A&L claims does anybody know if these figures include the court costs. if so i think i may have one of the biggest claims against them on here it is currently £5524.50 + £1029.62 interest + the court fees (if they let it run that far), this would push my claim up to £6804.12. crikey!

Sending my court bundle off early next week and hoping that A&L won't submit their papers in time. If they don't, it's judgement by default. Fingers tightly crossed ...icon12.gif

A-Z CAG links to all documents you'll need for

your claim

(Thanks to Michael Brown for all his efforts)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/consumer-forums-website-questions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

Thanks and lets hope so:rolleyes: Mind you, on the whole, they appear to be paying out far more quicky for smaller claims.

your claim

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/consumer-forums-website-questions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

i will have my day in court if need be, i am quite looking forward to it in a twisted way. the more that i read on this site just makes me more and more resentful of the way these organisations have manipulated and bullied us all . i will go all the way, not just for the money but to prove a point.

i am telling everybody about this site it is a revelation

i have recieved a letter back from A&L today, this is after i refused their offer of just over 2k for a claim of over 5k.it reads as follows

further to our previous communications, as Manager of Customer Services, Current Accounts, i have now carried out a final review of your complaint and write to inform you of our conclusions.

I have read all of the correspondence surrounding your complaint and i am sorry that you remain dissatisfied with the settlement offer previously provided to you. I am aware that a full investigation has been conducted into this matter and can confirm that our position remains unchanged.

I appreciate you may be disappointed with my response and may wish to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service which you can do within 6 months of the date of this letter. the enclosed leaflet explains more about their service and includes contact details.

Yours sincerely

Alison Riley

Manager of Customer Services, Current accounts

is this just a standard letter as i have not seen any mention of this type of letter on here. and also Alison Riley if you are reading this, SEE YOU IN COURT.

Yep, another "standard" (just like they all are:rolleyes:). Exactly the same one I received from Alison Riley, but different figures of course.

your claim

i have some charges over 6 years old. i am tempted to leave them on my claim.

i have read on here that there is a case to argue on the premise that due to the charges still being in place and therefore being concealed after the date of the oft report that the bank loses its protection from the limitations act.

i would like to know the facts a little more clearly because i would love to have my day in court against the A&L and have my defence clear

just a quick update. i have recieved my notice of issue from huddersfield county court this morning. a&l have until 21 st of june to reply.

i have just started 4 claims on behalf of my brother, 3 for my wife and have just sent the prelim off for an old crapital one account of mine.

just a quick update. i have recieved my notice of issue from huddersfield county court this morning. a&l have until 21 st of june to reply.

i have just started 4 claims on behalf of my brother, 3 for my wife and have just sent the prelim off for an old crapital one account of mine.

OMG you are busy:shock: Good luck with them all and keep us posted.icon7.gif

your claim

a quick update, today i came home to 2 letters my 1st from wragge & co and 1 from the A&L the wragges one is an acknowledgment of service giving notice of their intention to defend

the one from A&L is another offer of £2329 which is based on the £12 per item rubbish plus the £250 court fee.

this is after i informed them that i would not accept their offer of £2079 on the 17 th of May.

the people there must be stupid