Defence stage: What should I do now?

etteh2000
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6195 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Originally sent to Bankfodder, who asked for me to post it in this Forum.

Can anyone help me as I am at a loss. I have gone as far as my case being transferred to my local court. Woolwich/Barclays put in a defence on the 9th May 2007 and I have not receieved and Allocation Questionnaire or anything concerning the case. What should I do?

In the defence they stated that I had no claim for charges before March 2001 because I claimed from Sept 2000 up til March 2007 due to the process dragging on ( I sent my first letter in December 2006), anyway I estimated my charges with interest for £4290. They sent my statements on 26th April 2007 and my total charges over 6 years are infact £4780.50.

Help Please

Originally sent to Bankfodder, who asked for me to post it in this Forum.

Can anyone help me as I am at a loss. I have gone as far as my case being transferred to my local court. Woolwich/Barclays put in a defence on the 9th May 2007 and I have not receieved and Allocation Questionnaire or anything concerning the case. What should I do?

In the defence they stated that I had no claim for charges before March 2001 because I claimed from Sept 2000 up til March 2007 due to the process dragging on ( I sent my first letter in December 2006), anyway I estimated my charges with interest for £4290. They sent my statements on 26th April 2007 and my total charges over 6 years are infact £4780.50.

Help Please

• 4 weeks later...

I started this claim in January 2007 and it has gone to the stage of defence and transfer to my local county court (Lambeth). I have not heard a thing since mid May, an AQ was not required as stated in the transfer order.

I will soon be moving, does anyone no if I can get it moved to my new local county court?

What should I be do?

In the defence they stated that I had no claim for charges before March 2001 because I claimed from Sept 2000 up til March 2007 due to the process dragging on ( I sent my first letter in December 2006),

Etteh, almost identical to mine - so at least I now what Barclays Defence is likely to be.

I sent S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Nov 2006 but still haven't received full list due to the bank fobbing off. I'm, making a claim for Dec 2000 to date (as I would have sent my Prelim refund request in Dec 2006 had they complied with Data Protection Act and supplied the list by that date).

Will follow your case with interest. Interesting tactic they are taking, refuse to provide list for months on end and then put in a Defence stating 6 yrs only starts from when they bothered (or not in my case) to finally provide list.

3 Active Claims:

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Sole account) - Applied to lift court ordered Stay

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) - Awaiting court date

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) Pre-6 yrs- LBA sent.

3 Wins :

Barclays t/a The Woolwich (Data Protection Act breach costs & compliance)

HSBC (on behalf of brother)

Settled Out of Court - £3,874.76

Alliance & Leicester (on behalf of friend)

Settled Out of Court - £723.41

• 2 weeks later...

Etteh

Have you rung Lambeth court yet and if so, have they now sent through a copy of the Defence?

3 Active Claims:

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Sole account) - Applied to lift court ordered Stay

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) - Awaiting court date

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) Pre-6 yrs- LBA sent.

3 Wins :

Barclays t/a The Woolwich (Data Protection Act breach costs & compliance)

HSBC (on behalf of brother)

Settled Out of Court - £3,874.76

Alliance & Leicester (on behalf of friend)

Settled Out of Court - £723.41