Capquest Harrassment

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5323 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With regards to a debt or an offence?

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

In England/Wales a debt becomes statute barred if the debtor has not acknowledged the debt for 6 years. Acknowledgement in English Law is taken as part payment of the debt or acknowledging the debt in writing.

Once a debt is statute barred while, in English Law, the debt still exist you can not lawfully be pursued for it and it is up to the debtor whether they pay it or not. Once a debt is statute barred you do not have to pay the debt if you so wish.

A debt can not be un-statute barred.

I have referred to English Law as this is the one relevant to you. In Scots Law the rules on this are different.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Only asked as a friend of ours took out a loan with his girlfriend at the time and gave her the money for what he borrowed - they split up and he was harrassed for the money - he told them that as he had paid her for the amounht he had borrowed, then he would not be paying anything towards the debt. He couldn't get any credit for six years after this, but now he can as he had not admitted that he owed anything for the debt - because it wasn't his

He probably got a default put on his credit file (this is actually just as bad as getting a CCJ). A default lasts for 6 years.

Only asked as have just found info for loan and credit card today and I took it out six years ago in January next year, but the fact that I have made payments to it means that I have acknowledged that it is my debt - you live and learn!

Have been checking my bank statements and discovered that on one month this year, CQ only took my payment for a credit card out and not the one for my loan - it re-started the month after. If I am paying by direct debit, it is up to them to ask my bank for the money - I always have enough money in my account for it to be paid. If they don't take the payment, can they say I defaulted?

The two main ones are experian and equifax. Experians website is here Credit Reports: Get your Credit Report from Experian UK and equifax's is here Contact Us

Experian costs £2 but equifax seems to cost £14.50, which seems rather excessive.

Hi brassed off :)

Here's a link for equifax £2 postal application for your credit report and you might as well get one from callcredit as well...Here are the 2 links for the forms, just print off, attach £2 POs and send :)

https://www.econsumer.equifax.co.uk/consumer/uk/uib/images/EFX_UK/en_GB/your%20equifax%20credit%20file%209-05.pdf

http://www.callcredit.co.uk/download/creditfileapp.pdf

Best wishes and good luck,

BB

Direct debits as you rightly think brassed off require the DCA's bank to request the funds from your bank. If they have applied a default it should be removed as it is their oversight - not yours.

Thanks BB and Rory.

I've just been down the post office to send my form to Equifax for my credit file and on a lighter note, thought I'd check my lottery numbers whilst there:( Never win anything and was gobsmacked :o when they said I'd won 52 quid!!!! Can't stop smiling - it's made my day!!!

Sorry BB - got carried away with my win!

I do think CQ are trying to put me in default. Once I've heard about CCA and if I start to make payments again, I will only do standing orders.

Congrats on the win :)

I'm sure experian are only £2 too for a copy of your credit report. I think the £14.50 thing coming up on their website is something to do with checkmyfile.com

Cheers Rory

I printed off the form on the Equifax website and sent it off with a cheque for £2 yesterday.

Had a problem with Proof of Delivery for the CCAs I sent to CQ (one for loan and one for credit card). Could not access proof of delivery on the Royal Mail website, so have had to send off by post.

However, this morning I received four (yes four!) letters from CQ - two duplicate letters for the loan and two for the credit card! The first paragraph said:-

"Further to recent contact (no - your harrassment of me over the phone) with our office and your request for further information in relation to the above account, we would confirm that your account is now on hold for 28 days whilst we obtain the information required."

Did have to chuckle at the second paragraph:D :-

"If you have any proof of payments or correspondence that would assist with your query, please forward these documents, with a brief covering letter, to our Collections Administration department, so that we can resolve this matter as soon as possible."

Yeah right - like I'm really going to do that!

No mention of Deed of Assignment or CCA request.

What has really pi**ed me off is that the amount at the top of the letter for the Egg Loan has increased by £1,300 since this time last year:mad: . I presume from this that they have been adding interest payements (funny how they don't advise you of this in writing).

One very unhappy bunny. Help!

Extremely Brassed Off

Fairly standard letter. The second paragraph usually means, if we do have a copy of the agreement we don't have a clue where it is.

Wouldnt worry about the proof of them receiving the CCA. They have more or less admitted it in their letter. Have the cheques or postal Ordres been cashed