SPONGEBOBSQUAREPANTS! v Barclays

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6148 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Saintly 1 Just got what you meant !!:o

1. The particualrs of claim do not provide details of particualrs of the account in question and / or the precise charges alleged to have been unlawful, or the date thereof. To the extent it is alleged that the claimant incurred bank charges on the claimants account for unauthorized borrowings (whether unpaid fees for reurned cheques, Paid referral fees or any other such fees) the defendant puts the claimant to strict proof of each charge and the date thereof.

2. The particulars of claim are summary in nature. Accordingly this defence is summary in nature and the defendant reserves the right to amend this statement of case in due course

In answer to point 1 what you need to do is send your Schedule of charges (yes i know they have had them many times already) to B's litigation ... and also a copy to the court with covering letters asking for them to be included in your file

You could try the approach from here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/80091-your-court-dispensing-allocation.html

Otherwise its just waiting for your court to get in touch

saint

I have changed your thread title and also merged 5 of your threads

Please use the one thread to update your claim or ask questions .You will then get more informed advice as people will be able to see at a glance what you have done so far :)

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

HI

i am just a little bit ahead of you but send your copy of soc to barclays litigation team 1 churchill place london E14 5HP. i addressed mine to rosemary treves brown. i also sent another copy to the court and asked for it to be added to my file. send them recorded delivery or if the court is close then deliver it by hand. i have just had my date for court and it is 7th sept hopefully barclays will settle before then. also read the link added by saintly above

good luck linda

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Y'all,

Have just received letter from court this morning (Blackwood) saying that : Before DISTRICT JUDGE FRASER upon reading the file IT IS ORDERED THAT this case be transferred to the Cardiff County Court

Is this normal procedure, as Blackwood is a nearer court than Cardiff to me!

Do I just wait for Cardiff Court to get in touch with me? Should I ring Barclays yet? Anyone know?

Hi SBSP

Quite a few on here including myself have this date so it is yet another en mass hearing.

I've put in a written offer to BLT asking if they want to settle however I would be astounded if they were interested at this point. The main reason I did so was so that I could include in my bundle (if required) a demonstration that I have initiated negotiations and that Barclays (as I am sure they will) rebuked such.

When, at a later date they do want to settle pre-hearing, it will strengthen my case for a further Wasted Costs Order as it will show that the bank deliberately ignored an early opportunity to negotiate which would have lessened time and effort for both the Claimant and the court.

3 Active Claims:

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Sole account) - Applied to lift court ordered Stay

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) - Awaiting court date

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) Pre-6 yrs- LBA sent.

3 Wins :

Barclays t/a The Woolwich (Data Protection Act breach costs & compliance)

HSBC (on behalf of brother)

Settled Out of Court - £3,874.76

Alliance & Leicester (on behalf of friend)

Settled Out of Court - £723.41

Im in court on wednesday next week.!!

What do you reckon if you have received a settlement letter but have rejected their offer by letter. Could you still accept their offer for settlement could do with the cash now rather than next year!!:x

there was a time limit on mine.tez

ha ha SBSP, that's such a funny image! I only have a poxy Savings Account which has had about £8 in it for the last year but I shall lend weight to your battle by requesting closure and a cheque :D

3 Active Claims:

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Sole account) - Applied to lift court ordered Stay

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) - Awaiting court date

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) Pre-6 yrs- LBA sent.

3 Wins :

Barclays t/a The Woolwich (Data Protection Act breach costs & compliance)

HSBC (on behalf of brother)

Settled Out of Court - £3,874.76

Alliance & Leicester (on behalf of friend)

Settled Out of Court - £723.41

I wonder what would happen if we all emptied our accounts at barclays and left just £1 in it for one or two weeks, how much would Barclays lose in interest - NOW THERES A THOUGHT !!!!!

Oh YES PLESE>>>>>>>>>>>> OR FOREVER>>>>>>>>>>>

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

I read today that the Barclays group are making around

£2,400 per second profit. Is that all ? Most of it is ours.

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

Yes Barclays have clammed up. It appears we are all in the same boat ie without the paddle of experiences shared to steer along our individual paths.. no one has been here and so we're all p**sed off.

I had Mr Quinn promising an email from Monday onwards, my court date is 8th august but I am away from tomorrow,emma thompson re-iterated Quinns promise when it was only her who would pick up the phone.

I'm gutted!!!!!!!!!! So I rang customer relations who have honoured my initial settlement figure (SORRY DAR£IN TO CONTRADICT YOU WHEN YOU SAID " They will NOT honour their offer if you intend to continue! in a nother thread) because they have (it was for 1495 against a claim of 1605). I lose interest and £120 court costs but i am confident of claiming that back from MCOL.

I have also rung the court who have no directions to halt existing hearings, Barc lays have not filed bundle and I have so i will cancel previous settlement on Tuesday after weighing up court update with the 1495 to fall back on...think everyone and weigh it up based on your own circs.

im still in the running and lets face it who even thought about 8 or 37% interest, we just wanted the dosh back....ps DAR£in no offence mate your contributions have been inspirational but we would all do well to not get carried away with the tide if success on here previously and think of ourselves..and I should know I ve been victim of the cant lose school of thought myself!

Further to my suggestion yesterday, just wondering what the popular concensus would be. Does anybody else think it might be worth ALL of us leaving £1 in our accounts for 1 or 2 weeks and see how much Barclays lose in interest!! Let me know your thoughts. It might be another feather in our bow against the banks !!!!!!