My sister's claim - HELP!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6223 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi! I am doing all the leg-work for my sister, to recover the £875 charges she has incurred. I am organising both my claim with Lloyds TSB and hers with Alliance and Leicester to run concurrently. I had to send my LBA off today as Lloyds couldn't be arsed to reply to my prelim letter, but my sister had a letter a few days ago saying 'they are now looking in to the complaint'. This was the reply to the prelim letter. Should i wait for further correspondence from A & L or is this a stalling tactic, therefore, just proceed with the LBA? Please help................. :???:

Thanx chain chick. Thought it was a stalling tactic but thought i'd ask never-the-less!! Shall sort her LBA out in the next day or 2. Am currently printing off the court bundle, to be ready for when duty calls!! God i'm soooooo scared!! :(

whoa with the Court bundle. Hold up.

Do the LBA and wait, A&L probably will not pay up at that stage, so you will have to claim. The court bundle is way way down the line. I didn't have to do it.

I didn't even need to fill in the allocation questionare they paid up before I had to.

I found it all quite exciting, so much so I have just started an MCOL against Capital One :D

Good luck, if you need anything else just post up, and loads of people will help you

Thanx chain chic! I have printed off the court bundle for my own case against Lloyds. The LBA was sent to them today and after reading numerous case studies from others in the Lloyds forum, i think it would be much better to be prepared in any eventuality, especially after Lloyds won a case the other day. It has un-nerved me so the more i read, the better equipped i'll be for when it happens. I'm a pessimist by nature, in that if you think the worst and it happens, you're prepared. If it turns out the other way, well that's an added bonus! I am happy-go-lucky usually though :p xXx

Chain chick, can't find a thread for you.

If you don't mind me asking ... what stage did you get to before they paid up and how much did you get?

x

A-Z CAG links to all documents you'll need for

your claim

(Thanks to Michael Brown for all his efforts)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/consumer-forums-website-questions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

Well chain chic, guess what???? I had a letter from Lloyds this morning, offering me £724.................. my claim was £663 so i'm happy with that!! :D It was dated 17th May, the same day i sent my LBA............

Pinkies crossed my sister gets the same news soon!!!! :p

hi - we are at about at the same stage - I have done LBA and received standard bog off letter.

next weekend I will be claiming by MCOL so will do my reading up in the week.

Best of luck;-)

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Hi jansus, finger crossed they pay you before you need to start doing that! I shall have some reading to do aswell i guess. My sister is going away for the week and has instructed me to check her post for any correspondence from A & L................ muggins here will do it then huh? lol :rolleyes: If she gets to the court stage, she's gonna need to read up! Hope your claim goes well, good luck xXx